The online racing simulator
***all hardcore music lovers***
(71 posts, started )
Quote from Billeh :Whats your setup with VDJ? Do you have usb decks?

nah, just MP3's, having to use the virtual decks and mixer using kb and mouse at the moment, its a bit tedius to learn lol

Im using Mixlab atm, its great, the bass crossfader comes in handy, i'd definitely recommend using it

Although that does indeed look *VERY* cool, i think its a step too far for me at the moment, my real deck setup is very basic, 2 12/10's running ortofon concordes, a 5 channel mixer (i only use 2 channels tho) and a cross fader, thats it, so thats about all i can cope with in the virtual world as well, although it would be nice if i could find a way to add kb shortcuts for punch puttons, which i cant seem to manage lol.
I was listening to this and looking at wheel4hummer's avatar...the two go together perfectly lol
Quote from (-Mark-) :Im using Mixlab atm, its great, the bass crossfader comes in handy, i'd definitely recommend using it

Ah that's the one I'm using, the high/mid/low crossfade works a dream with hardcore mixes.
Anyone use deckadance? I've been trying to decide between VirtualDJ and deckadance, and I think i've decided I like Deckadance better.
good ? bro. roar? not sure, there are a lot. however, I can tell you screams. “band: “soulfly” song: “bumbklatt” very beginning of song. band: “chimaira” song: “pleasure in pain” the first time mark says “I feel whole AGAAAAIIIN” “uuhhh” there is a killer instrumental break down in that same song. the band “decapitated” has some killer breakdowns, as well does the band “sleep terror” luke is an amazing guitarist. “aven seven” and “mudvayne” are emo man.

Quote from danthebangerboy :nah, just MP3's, having to use the virtual decks and mixer using kb and mouse at the moment, its a bit tedius to learn lol

Been looking for a setup for pc that wont cost the earth. Have found a couple setups like this http://www.firebox.com/product/2646/Discover-DJ?via=ser

Have been trying to find out if you can get some way of listening to the mp3 that is on the other deck thats not playing? Maybe 2 soundcards are needed or am i missing something?
Quote from Billeh :
Have been trying to find out if you can get some way of listening to the mp3 that is on the other deck thats not playing? Maybe 2 soundcards are needed or am i missing something?

Thats EXACTLY what i have been trying to do, but with no success as yet, listening to the track you want to mix in on headphones like you would do on real decks, i cant find a way to do it with standard equipment either, so ATM i have just been relying on getting the peaks on the soundwaves aligned so its beat matched that way, which isnt ideal, but kind of works.
^^ Good mix
liking it alot, putting me in the mood to make a mix and download the new vdj as ive found out you can mix with 4 decks instead of 2
AND yes ive used deckadance buuuuuuut my CPU's bum hole was quite hurt after that
Quote from Billeh :Been looking for a setup for pc that wont cost the earth. Have found a couple setups like this http://www.firebox.com/product/2646/Discover-DJ?via=ser

Quote from danthebangerboy :Thats EXACTLY what i have been trying to do, but with no success as yet, listening to the track you want to mix in on headphones like you would do on real decks, i cant find a way to do it with standard equipment either, so ATM i have just been relying on getting the peaks on the soundwaves aligned so its beat matched that way, which isnt ideal, but kind of works.

you need to get your hands on a 2nd sound card. usb is perfect. also, it'll cost you at least £100 to buy a midi controller.
finally, this is a mix i made using mixmeister 6 ( http://www.atcteam.org/dadge/Hardcore%20Xmas%20Mix.mp3 ).
EDIT: Also, if you had a 2nd soundcard, you could run each channel from VDJ into a seperate soundcard. then from each soundcard, you'd connect them to your mixer using 3.5mm jack to RCA cable. that could be your cheapest option (laptop not included lol). should cost you about £30 in total.
anyone got pics of their hardware (midi controllers, decks and mixers)?
I,ll stick up a pic of my setup, will add it to this post in a momento.

Small stack of vinyl, all hardcore.

Shelf full of records as well, right stack is mainly hardcore, left stack is trance, funky house, theres all sorts in that pile, i do have another big cardboard box somewhere with more vinyl of various genres in, i think its in the loft.

Decks and mixer, plus tape deck underneath for when im in a 'listen to old rave tapes' kind of mood, pc sound runs into the mixer as well.

Everything runs into this retro amp and speakers, which only fits in the room if it sits on top of this wardrobe, which is a handy place for it to be as its directly behind the desks, i mush prefer my sound coming from behind me, which is good.

Spare PC's in case mine goes wrong.

VDJ on my pc, the keyboard and mouse is effectively my mixer at the moment, although i have now got the iremote app working on the iphone, which allows me to control VDJ via its touch screen, which is again, handy.

And, thats about it.
No pics but;

2 KAM KHD410
American Audio Q-D5 MK2 Mixer (Wish I invested more in a mixer....)
Traktor
Numark DJiO Soundcard (Excellent for the price)

However, I am thinking of selling it all and going the midi, "live" route. Good mixer + good controller. I think digital really is the way to go now if you think of investing money into this hobbie.
i agree but you can buy signal records to control software like VDJ. great for the purest who doesn't want to stop using vinyl.
Attached images
P1814_08-01-11.jpg
Thats going to be one of my next purchases methinks, one of those timecoded record things, i just ordered the USB soundcard you linked to earlier BTW
i made another mix last night. just listening back for mistakes. i managed to drop a dubstep tune into the mix (inbetween two Mauro Picotto anthems). it went surprisingly well.

***all hardcore music lovers***
(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG