The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from PMD9409 :+1. I've been to Daytona and Talladega, and got to stand on the apron in the corner at Daytona. Nothing can compare, its just awesome.

I find giant ovals like 'Dega and Daytona strangely fascinating, the speed that those guys whip around - I'm baffled to how people scream "No skill!".
Quote from mcintyrej :I find giant ovals like 'Dega and Daytona strangely fascinating, the speed that those guys whip around - I'm baffled to how people scream "No skill!".

Even during qualifying its a challenge. Trying to not bind the car and get the extra tenth is amazingly hard.
Quote from PMD9409 :Even during qualifying its a challenge. Trying to not bind the car and get the extra tenth is amazingly hard.

Not really... It's 100000 % setup.
Like 97% and you know it.
Yeh, if you can go to the wall on the straight and go to the yellow line in the corner and ride the banking into the corner to find turn entry points then you can get that 3%. The rest is setup
Just did the C.Cup again and has an amazing race for about 8 laps with a pack of 7-8 cars, really close stuff - lots of bumping and passing going on, real "edge of the seat" racing! Unforunately coming out of turn 2 one person up front got loose, causing everyone else go go loose and there were two spins that collected all but two of us.

I don't care though, the racing up until that was insane, I'm in love!
Quote from mcintyrej :I don't care though, the racing up until that was insane, I'm in love!

You should try doing some official plate races then. They still turn into a mess at some point, but I imagine they're at least a little bit cleaner than the fun races. Plus yellow flags after a wreck bunches the field back up.

My only A class win came at Talladega last year, won by something like .005 running the outside line the last 15 or so laps. It was a blast and I'll always remember Rick Savage was the dude pushing me the whole way.

Check my start position vs finish....

Keep getting wrecked by nubs. Most of em are 4 incidents = 4x contact, then disconnect.

I run up front every race, then crash me...
Attached images
annoying.jpg
Quote from aroX123 :

Check my start position vs finish....

Keep getting wrecked by nubs. Most of em are 4 incidents = 4x contact, then disconnect.

I run up front every race, then crash me...

I know your pain keeps happening to me in the skippy
Is anyone racing the Star Mazda this season? I always hated that car with a big passion, but having tried it again after 1 year of not going near it with a stick I must say it feels good! Just wondering if anyone is up for some friendly competition
just spectated a grand am race, split filed, never seen so many dps, the whole field was in them in the split i watched with the other race about 2/3 mustangs. bit of an accident on the pace lap which ruined it a bit and interesting how many drivers through it off the track early in the race.
Quote from tinvek :just spectated a grand am race, split filed, never seen so many dps, the whole field was in them in the split i watched with the other race about 2/3 mustangs. bit of an accident on the pace lap which ruined it a bit and interesting how many drivers through it off the track early in the race.

Who's on pole for that series at the moment?
Quote from Jertje :Is anyone racing the Star Mazda this season? I always hated that car with a big passion, but having tried it again after 1 year of not going near it with a stick I must say it feels good! Just wondering if anyone is up for some friendly competition

I will mainly be doing the Star Mazda this season. Great fun!
Damn son, that must've been a great race! Throw up a fraps of the finish?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Damn son, that must've been a great race! Throw up a fraps of the finish?

I'll do the last 5-10 laps sometime soon

What view(s) would you like to see?
I would say roof cam jack but you normally put that on upside down so as we get better coverage dont you? So i guess stick to TV cams which can follow your rolls or occasional moments of brilliance.
Anyone coming in for some Carb.Cup in 2 minutes?
Quote from oscarhardwick :I would say roof cam jack but you normally put that on upside down so as we get better coverage dont you? So i guess stick to TV cams which can follow your rolls or occasional moments of brilliance.

jabba
Is it possible to check if the qualy lap was driven by mx cup or roadster at qualifying results? It would be interesting to see what kind of cars are in the first 10 fastest lap @LRP.
Quote from Concept-X :Is it possible to check if the qualy lap was driven by mx cup or roadster at qualifying results? It would be interesting to see what kind of cars are in the first 10 fastest lap @LRP.

You can check the session history of the driver to see which version they use.
http://members.iracing.com/mem ... =2667162&custid=28690

First victory! Was a great race too, pack of 4 of us really going for it, then some crazy italian guy dived below the yellow line to pass and spun the leader, giving me 5 victory laps to enjoy.

Tip: Don't crash - If you stay out of trouble you'll get good results, my last 4 or so race results have all been better than 3rd place, just because i lift off and stay out of trouble when I see it coming.
Quote from mcintyrej :http://members.iracing.com/mem ... =2667162&custid=28690

First victory! Was a great race too, pack of 4 of us really going for it, then some crazy italian guy dived below the yellow line to pass and spun the leader, giving me 5 victory laps to enjoy.

Tip: Don't crash - If you stay out of trouble you'll get good results, my last 4 or so race results have all been better than 3rd place, just because i lift off and stay out of trouble when I see it coming.

bloody good job... not easy to do in that!
Did my first MX5 race yesterday, confusing fact that Roadster has 1s margin.
Didn't liked it though, its more like a front tyre massacre, not racing. Started from the back, finished 6th. Nevertheless, still better than Slowstice.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG