The online racing simulator
LFS Car Importer problem.
(10 posts, started )
Hi!

Well, here's the situation: I have my *.mtr file of the full vehicle model that i have built. But when i try to import it to XR.vob with LFS Car Importer i get this message: Importing fail\nBad file. What should i do? I cant find any troubleshooting at DriftInc either.
Please help!
/Jonas
Discussions related to content modding (.vob modifications) are not allowed in this forum. You will not get official support regarding .vob modifications.

Thats probably not what you wanted to hear: but that is the current situation.

Have a look in here:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1494581#post1494581
Quote from OneGODFATHER :Omg, i think that really bad of the LFS crew. Well well.

It's their product, they are ones to decide what others can and can't do with it.
Quote from E.Reiljans :It's their product, they are ones to decide what others can and can't do with it.

Yes i know that but look att Microsoft and their product Flight Simulator. They leave you free to mix as much as you want.. But enough off topic for now!
Quote from OneGODFATHER :Yes i know that but look att Microsoft and their product Flight Simulator. They leave you free to mix as much as you want.. But enough off topic for now!

Flight Simulator is also a finished product.
(The Stig) is here?
anyways any .vob mods in any official live for speed sites aren't allowed especially those posted in lfsmods aren't even licensed
all .vob modified are against LFS Developers here around in lfsforums so its useless to request any .vob modification help in LFS official sites

so if u feel bad about the devs that they aren't allowing vob modification help in LFS forums bcuz LFS is in DEVELOPMENT STATE, if u have your OWN LICENSED S2 you should feel bad about modifying your LFS bcuz the developers coding LFS to the fullest so people can enjoy it.
Quote from skywatcher122 :(The Stig) is here?
anyways any .vob mods in any official live for speed sites aren't allowed especially those posted in lfsmods aren't even licensed
all .vob modified are against LFS Developers here around in lfsforums so its useless to request any .vob modification help in LFS official sites

so if u feel bad about the devs that they aren't allowing vob modification help in LFS forums bcuz LFS is in DEVELOPMENT STATE, if u have your OWN LICENSED S2 you should feel bad about modifying your LFS bcuz the developers coding LFS to the fullest so people can enjoy it.

From my point of view i can't see anything that would harm either the players or the producers of LFS if you modify your cars in the game you either bought or downloaded a FREE demo. And NO im not a S2 driver.
The devs charge for content, that's how they make money, so it would hurt them if people could add their own for free.

* Plus Flight Sim uses a completely different business model from LFS.
Quote from OneGODFATHER :From my point of view i can't see anything that would harm either the players or the producers of LFS if you modify your cars in the game

A large part of the harm caused is that the mods screw with the collision detection.

As the cars used by different players are different shapes + sizes to what LFS is expecting, (when one or more person is using one or more .vob file mod) there are unwanted effects from the collision detection. The result is that the player with modified car(s) and/or other players get thrown away at high speed in a similar fashion to exceptionally bad lag hits. This can cause quite a mess.

In short, do not use modified cars online. It'll just ruin everyone's day.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG