The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
I have a feeling once I get my own credit card, I'll buy a bit more content. Even though most of the content I have I can't drive (skill for some, licence for others).
One vote for Summit Point here. (or VIR/Mosport)
Quote from anttt69 :One vote for Summit Point here. (or VIR/Mosport)

Then I would take VIR Or Zandvoort or laguna seca.
Quote from spanks :Some people have been complaining about the on board sound of the F1 car.

A while back I set my sample rate to 48000 as suggested by Grant Reeve I think. He said that it may give better sound, but could cause performance issues. It just uses a less compressed sound file. Think of mp3 bitrates, 128 vs 320 vs lossless.

I didn't notice a difference really, but I guess some people are claiming a huge difference in the f1 car (which I think sounds phenomenal). I have very good headphones and an amp fwiw.

Go to your app.ini file in your iracing folder and change the SampleRate to 48000.

The sounds are recorded at 96000, but most hardware does not play back at that samplerate.

part of the "problem" is that iracing try and duplicate the in helmet sounds for incar and people judge their incar sounds by what they hear on TV, if it was as loud as they think it should be inside your helmet with your earpieces in you'd never hear anyone speaking to you.
Imma host a server in 1 hours time

Server name: LFS Players
PW: cookies
Car/track: FW31 @ Lime Rock
180 Min practise (!advance if everyone is ready)
15 min qual
50 racelaps (about 35 minutes of racing)

Enjoy
Cool, I'll be there.
Might aswell put it on now, 180 mins practise to get everyone comfy with the track. Server is up!
didnt we all just vote for mx5?
Im hosting one later too(with MX5), if you are all up for it. If not then it going up tomorrow.
If you put mx5 with lime rock, i come play and my friend too.
Me to
Right its still 2 hours 20 min till the F1 starts
Im going to host a session with

40 min practise
20 min qual
33 lap race

Servername: LFS Players 2
PW: cookies

Cup vs Roadster @ Limerock
Server is up forgot to add pw. Jabba

about 22 people in the server atm :|
Argh i really want to get iracing again....

But i really dont feel comfortable driving with a wheel. I'd rather steer with a mouse.

Anyone here using their mouse for steering(like LFS) in iRacing?
Why not put on password for server? (Now many crashers are here:S)
Quote from Bean0 :To buy all the content, you are looking at a few hundred USD.

3 month sub is 36 USD, but there is an offer to buy on month and get 2 free at the moment, so you can have 3 months for 12 USD. Offer expires 31/10/2010.

If anyone is about to sign up, I'd appreciate a referral
PM me for email address if you don't mind

Ah, now I see the picture a bit clearer. That's pretty much...

But in my case, as was mentioned, a starter is better off training with the easier and more accessable cars.
OMG this server(people).... please next time with pass thank you!
Quote from raczger :OMG this server(people).... please next time with pass thank you!

Yeah lol, like said i forgot to add the pw :\ This is still on tho
LOl i was one of the 4 who finished the race .

BTW anyone know of a good site t get i racing setups?
Had some clean racing with Chrisuu and Pierre. Too bad the backmarkers didn't use their mirrors much. One of them killed the fun and crashed me. A bit of demo feeling, but it was still fun. Thanks Arox for hosting.

No problem, nice that you had a good time, F1 at limerock is on soon, anyone jumping in? pw is cookies
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Had some clean racing with Chrisuu and Pierre. Too bad the backmarkers didn't use their mirrors much. One of them killed the fun and crashed me. A bit of demo feeling, but it was still fun. Thanks Arox for hosting.

Nice shots one show some nice clean and fun racing.

Yeah man I tank you arox for hosting maybe when i get a stable job I will do a few hosted session per month to.
Think of radical MX5 Corvette and skippy racing.
Noice pics there
Just tried my first race in the williams, what a mess, at the start i got a good start guy infront brakes, i brake 1 car dives down the inside over the dirt, then someone on the outside decided to clip my wheel on the way past, ruined the car, spent 2 mins in the pits, get back out guy makes a mistake and i get his slipstream up to the corkscrew and brake pretty late in the corkscrew on the outside, he divebombs then goes spinning everywhere through the corkscrew and i just avoided him.

Next lap going up to the corkscrew again someone made a mistake and i was closing in someone span at the top of the corkscrew infront of us so we slowed down and just as we're passing the guy infront manages to spin with his front wing touching the other guys rear wing so i have a blocked path and nowhere to go!!!!

Not impressed at all... Demo has better standards than this.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG