The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Nice lap Dave! How do you like the car?

Just got back from classes all day...midterm and all. Can't wait to get back to it
original new release template file with williams template in it, purely for your information of course

also trading paints at the moment is downloading williams paints to a fw31 folder rather than the williamsfw31 folder so you'll need to copy / move the files
Attached files
custom_paint_templates_4.zip - 1.8 MB - 417 views
Quote from tinvek :original new release template file with williams template in it, purely for your information of course

also trading paints at the moment is downloading williams paints to a fw31 folder rather than the williamsfw31 folder so you'll need to copy / move the files

iR have since said that the template should not have been released due to licensing reasons and removed it.

Nice job nabbing it quickly and sharing
Have I gone completely blind, or has the save replay button disappeared from the testing sessions?
I could'nt get split times up in testing although i am liking the new mx5 & managed a 59.8 @ Lime Rock. (with a few tweaks)
Quote from spanks :Nice lap Dave! How do you like the car?

Just got back from classes all day...midterm and all. Can't wait to get back to it

Well it's pretty much as awesome as I was hoping. Driving it around Silverstone gives a weird sense of deja vu, after watching so much onboard F1 footage over the years.

It's fairly easy to drive under the limit, but once you start to push things it really gets interesting. Needs very good throttle control at low speed which is great, and there's so many setup options which might cause my brain to explode. My only gripe is that the tyres feel very under damped, which leads to a bit of a "pogo" effect after some bumps / curbs, but hopefully we can tune that out with the setup options. Best sim experience yet though easily.
Quote from DaveWS :Well it's pretty much as awesome as I was hoping. Driving it around Silverstone gives a weird sense of deja vu, after watching so much onboard F1 footage over the years.

It's fairly easy to drive under the limit, but once you start to push things it really gets interesting. Needs very good throttle control at low speed which is great, and there's so many setup options which might cause my brain to explode. My only gripe is that the tyres feel very under damped, which leads to a bit of a "pogo" effect after some bumps / curbs, but hopefully we can tune that out with the setup options. Best sim experience yet though easily.

Ok, this has more or less meant I will now decide to forget about going out for a weekend, and instead buy the F1 car and a couple of tracks and have some fun this weekend. Bye bye social life.
Quote from tinvek :original new release template file with williams template in it, purely for your information of course

Thanks

If I understand it correct it's still possible to use your own skins and share them via trading paints. Is the copy/paste option a tempory problem(/solution) or not?
is the mazda fun cup running the same track all week? how long does it last?
Driving the Mazda after the FW31 is really bad, I'm jumping in the chair and yelling "come ooon, accelerateeeeee"

EDIT: 3 months & FW31 & Silv ... e & Zandvoort for $35 for new accounts only.
Quote from zeromussov :Thanks

If I understand it correct it's still possible to use your own skins and share them via trading paints. Is the copy/paste option a tempory problem(/solution) or not?

I read that Tradingpaints has corrected the issues with incorrect folder name.
Where can I find painting templates for most of the cars and the helmets and suits?
Mazda looked amazing
F1 car is awesome, especially at Laguna. Best time of 1.06.3 so far i could knock maybe a sec off that i think.
That offer for new customers (Williams, silverstone, zandvoort) seems a bit pointless, surely new customers wouldn't be able to race on those combo's online anyway for ages until they got all their ratings up, am I right?
Quote from DeKo :That offer for new customers (Williams, silverstone, zandvoort) seems a bit pointless, surely new customers wouldn't be able to race on those combo's online anyway for ages until they got all their ratings up, am I right?

you're right..... to race online you'd have to drive with others in hosted races only...... to get your A license would take a while and some $$$ to buy the content needed to get there. However, you would still get a kick ass car to drive
They are doing a fun series for the Williams with no ratings. The circuits that will be used are Lime Rock, Laguna Seca, Silverstone and Zandvoort so that deal would actually give you all the content to race the car in some form every week.
Quote from DeKo :That offer for new customers (Williams, silverstone, zandvoort) seems a bit pointless, surely new customers wouldn't be able to race on those combo's online anyway for ages until they got all their ratings up, am I right?

You can start anytime as a rookie in the Formula Fun Series:

Zandvoort - Grand Prix
Silverstone Circuit - Grand Prix
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Full Course
Lime Rock Park - Full Course

WHYYYY?!?!?!?!? :chairs:
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG