The online racing simulator
Fallout: New Vegas (New Screens and Info)
(97 posts, started )
If you want to be able to hit anything with the AMR rifle, you need 8 strenght to to able to use it without penalties. I chose the "all weapons require 2 less strenght" perk and now it's great. I still using the Gobi rifle more though.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Silenced varmint rifle works great with the scope, I keep it handy to get the first shot and then break out a gun.

Keep a scoped 9mm or sell? I keep a melee weapon handy at all times
Something about the Kings makes me laugh.

I like Varmint's scope cause it's got night vision Also keep it handy for some ninja occasions. Fifty ammo is for sale at Gun Runners (expensive though. It costs 14 bottle caps to make a shot, so I try to make it count)

Scoped 9mm is good if you need to remove coyotes, dogs or other small pack animals. It's got rapid enough fire, shoots straight, and with extended mags you got 20 shots before a reload.
Jury rigging = best perk in the entire game

Also. ratslayer rifle
I've become a sucker for this M14 Suppressed mod i found. uses .308 and does 90 something damage. On sneak it one hit kills ANYTHING. Even deathclaws minus the deathclaw mommy. Also just beat the game on accident. Forgot its just like F3 and ends all together. Wanted to finish the rest of the side quests
Quote from squidhead :I like Varmint's scope cause it's got night vision Also keep it handy for some ninja occasions. Fifty ammo is for sale at Gun Runners (expensive though. It costs 14 bottle caps to make a shot, so I try to make it count)

Scoped 9mm is good if you need to remove coyotes, dogs or other small pack animals. It's got rapid enough fire, shoots straight, and with extended mags you got 20 shots before a reload.

Ratslayer is a better rifle, fully modded Varmint rifle, more damage

Downside? You have to go to/through fire broc cave
I'm having troubles fighting the legion. I'm doing the mission where i have to get the platinum chip from the fort, but they keep killing me (my character is level 14 and oriented towards intelligence, luck, charisma, etc... not exactly the best soldier). I've killed a few legion guys before, but at the fort they are just too big in numbers for me...
I noticed from when i had to escape from there, i didnt have any armor on, so i took the legion's armor of a body and wore it, and even with my infamy rep gained against them, in the next area, they didnt attack me. Try that.
I tried that actually. They hesitated for about 10 seconds, then they attacked me anyway.

My plan is to level up some more and then come back with improved gun skills and some big ass weapons, and maybe chuck norris too.
me and boone raided the fort and killed caesar. Me with an M4a1 and him with a M108. Killed everyone outside. Then into the tent. Kill caesars guards then the man himself.
Quote from Luke.S :me and boone raided the fort[...]

Boone is a powerhouse - if my target doesn't go down on the first sneak shot, he clears everything that comes running after that...
I had boone and the flying robot with me. They both got ass-raped in an instant by the legion...

Usually boone kicks ass, but not with those guys.
Quote from jibber :I had boone and the flying robot with me. They both got ass-raped in an instant by the legion...

Usually boone kicks ass, but not with those guys.

I had Rex and Boone

They lasted....Oh ten seconds
Quote from jibber :I'm having troubles fighting the legion. I'm doing the mission where i have to get the platinum chip from the fort, but they keep killing me (my character is level 14 and oriented towards intelligence, luck, charisma, etc... not exactly the best soldier). I've killed a few legion guys before, but at the fort they are just too big in numbers for me...

Jibber, depending on who you're helping, if you take it to the basement and do Mr.House's part of the quest, they'll let you just calmly leave, even though you didn't do what they wanted.

Me, I had a intelligence oriented guy (Speech at 100, Medicine and Science at 90, Repair at 80). I actually speech checked my way through the final battle.
I had only brought veronica with me. Boone wasn't a option as i got lazy with his mission and just got the first marker on my map and took him to the spot. My companion was holding up in the first room though. First try she got jumped in the corner and died in like 4 seconds. Then i tried again, but throwing dynamite at my feet and running in circles trying to avoid both the dynamite AND the guards.

Got outside and she did much better against the weaker legion, but soon died once we got to caesar's right hand troops like antony and etc. Had to take out the sniper rifle that i didn't want to use much to save value of it after she passed out.

I also destroyed the BoS with veronica with me. She tried to leave me with my stuff, but i wasn't having that
I hacked the terminal in BoS. Leveled til I got science to 90, then took a programmers digest. That was funny.
Ok, so i'm taking my sweet time with this game... and am enjoying it a lot actually. Nevertheless, i'm having more trouble in this one to get a feeling for who am i supposed to "follow" or help in order to stay on the "good side".

Like... Mr. House, the "yes man" robot? The RNK, etc.

Do i kill Mr House or let him live, etc? The RNK doesn't like Mr. House, nor "yes man".

Slightly confused as far as these things go... or maybe i'm just not paying enough attention to the dialogue.
Thats actually part of the whole fun of the game is that you have 4 choices to beat the game. You can side with Mr.House (I did for my first playthrough), NCR, Caesar, or you can side alone (by taking Yes Man's requests).

It's supposed to have you choose a bit. The endings do vary as well if you side with Mr.House, NCR, Caesar or Independent (Yes Man).

I won't spoil the actual endings, but the point of it is that they are your choice currently, and that there isn't quite a "right" answer, only the answer that you choose, as each has their own pro/cons in the final quest line, along with the "Recap" before the credits of what your character did.

EDIT: To expand.. I think Caesars ending is the "bad" ending.. NCR and House are Neutral endings, while the independent ending is the "good" ending.. although they all have their own unique bits.. I think that's the intent to the different endigns
I don't believe Independent was a good ending.
There seemed to be a lot more chaos at new vegas from what was described, or maybe i missed something
Independent seemed to me the best. The rest of the chaos is attributed to other quests I think.
Independent was also the hardest one to do, everyone's trying to fight you..

I killed everyone in the Legion and NCR though, both in their camps and the Fort I finished the whole Legion off at the Fort when I was invited.. Rex + Arcade ftw. When the NCR sent a team to kill me, I got pissed, went to McCarren and all their other bases and killed everyone..
Oh god I love the anti-material rifle.
Independant is the "good" ending as it lets the people have what the people want. There's no Mr.House with his Securitrons, there's no NCR having a military presense, nor is there Caesar having any presense. THe people are then "free".

House's ending isn't as bad as one would think though.. in the grand scheme of things.
#97 - Osco
Did the first run with Yes man, the easiest ending i think. 2nd not sure yet, level 26 and still liked by all factions. Just exploring side stuff and random things. Did anyone actually side with the legion?

Fallout: New Vegas (New Screens and Info)
(97 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG