The online racing simulator
#1 - Noni
Will a gameport wheel work with LFS?
I found a gameport Microsoft Sidewinder wheel, will this work with my PC and LFS?

Thank you.
#2 - Jakg
yeap, i have one under my desk and it works fine, just a long as you have a gameport!
if you have a gameport in your pc...i dont see why it shouldnt, i have one myself.
and you need full driver support which afaik is a problem with ms ffb products under xp
Pretty sure you can use a generic driver. I have an old (1995) Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS and I just use the 2-button joystick driver. Pretty sure there's another for wheels.
but you probably wont get any ff with a generic driver
Quote from Barroso :if you have a gameport in your pc...i dont see why it shouldnt, i have one myself.

Actually, at least from what I've seen, many new motherboards don't have them, mine doesn't, neither do any of our computers, save an old HP we have in the basement.

Nothing really wrong with gameports, though, USB just replaced them. I've read some people actually prefer the feel of a Gameport wheel, too.
Dont think i've ever seen a gameport on a motherboard. My wheel plugs into the gameport on my soundcard.
I've seen a couple mobos that have gameports, my friend has a fairly recent <3 years old Motherboard with one, but it's not very common
the choice which mainbord i should buy was largely influenced by whethe it features a gameport or not ... and were talking top of the line 939 boards here
windows xp suplies a driver for it, there are no options whatsoever though, i meant it should work if you have a gameport, and even if you dont you can buy one cheap.
Edit: wrong thread

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG