The online racing simulator
Not really "ha ha" funny, but meh.
Attached images
24hrclock.JPG
meh.
meh
Thanks for correcting Sidious post Karl!
Quote from amp88 :Not really "ha ha" funny, but meh.

Would actually be quite useful inside a survival bunker!
Quote from Crashgate3 :Why is this funny?

Have you read the film title and the circled writing carefully?
Quote from speed1230 :Have you read the film title and the circled writing carefully?

Still not seeing it.

The spelling is correct, 'Fantastic Mr Fox' is a book written by Roald Dahl just like 'Charlie and The Chocolate Factory' is, and apart from the 'coming soon' bit (schoolboy laughs :really there is absolutely nothing remotely funny that I can see.

Maybe I'm not just on my funny mind-wave form just now.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Still not seeing it.

The spelling is correct, 'Fantastic Mr Fox' is a book written by Roald Dahl just like 'Charlie and The Chocolate Factory' is, and apart from the 'coming soon' bit (schoolboy laughs :really there is absolutely nothing remotely funny that I can see.

Maybe I'm not just on my funny mind-wave form just now.

It is not like it says 'by the original book by roald dahl' it says 'by the author of the book of charlie and the chocolate factory'. Believe they forgot the name, huh?
Quote from mamoru :It is not like it says 'by the original book by roald dahl' it says 'by the author of the book of charlie and the chocolate factory'. Believe they forgot the name, huh?

No. It just makes it obvious to anybody not knowing who Roald Dahl is...
Quote from mamoru :It is not like it says 'by the original book by roald dahl' it says 'by the author of the book of charlie and the chocolate factory'. Believe they forgot the name, huh?

If they put 'Based on the book by Roald Dahl'
95% of their target audience, which are mostly children, would think:
Who the **** is Roald Dahl?

So imo it's completely logical that they put 'Based on the book by the author of Charlie...', because its a story/movie that almost all children know very well.
I admit they could have formulated the sentence a bit better
Quote from Fastwalker :If they put 'Based on the book by Roald Dahl'
95% of their target audience, which are mostly children, would think:
Who the **** is Roald Dahl?

So imo it's completely logical that they put 'Based on the book by the author of Charlie...', because its a story/movie that almost all children know very well.
I admit they could have formulated the sentence a bit better

And "Based on the book by Roald Dahl: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"? Isn't it just better for everybody?
Maybe the poster shop charges by the letter.
Quote from freddyalek90 :And "Based on the book by Roald Dahl: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"? Isn't it just better for everybody?

No because it's not based on that book, it's based on the children's novel Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl, who also wrote Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Quote :Based on the novel by Roald Dahl, author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

would work though
Quote from morpha :No because it's not based on that book, it's based on the children's novel Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl, who also wrote Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

would work though

Ah, well, that was what I meant, but I got confused! (It hurt itself in its confusion! FreddyAlek90 has fainted!)

Quote from amp88 :Not really "ha ha" funny, but meh.

Erm.. thats a standard military 24h clock.
Damn near required when you are operating on 24 or more hours with no sleep... trust me - at some point you have no idea if its 7am or pm.... Specially if your inside.
Quote from Wilko868 :No. It just makes it obvious to anybody not knowing who Roald Dahl is...

Well, it was just my guess at what the funny part was. I can't laugh about it still..
Quote from Stigpt :Erm.. thats a standard military 24h clock.
Damn near required when you are operating on 24 or more hours with no sleep... trust me - at some point you have no idea if its 7am or pm.... Specially if your inside.

Precisely

My computer clock says 3:48pm. I woke up at 1pm
I still wonder why those kind of clocks haven't caught on in sensible countries using the 24 hours timeformat. 20:36 FTW!
Quote from john5200 :hmmmm devildare´s avatar hardly reminds me of this.... Btw i like that

edit: Beaten

nice!! Deadmau5 eez kewl!
This thread is closed

The inevitable picture thread III: Revenge of the funnies
(14533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG