The online racing simulator
LFS VideoMode Competition Round 1: Free Theme
(65 posts, started )
Wtf svenska teemu pojken
That video was just awesome o.o
Nice indeed. Really liked those switches to another kind of race
Awesome soundtrack teemu.
The idea with the rotating camera is just fantastic.
Nice Work.
Only thing I didn't like was the contrast, maybe a bit too hard for me.

Quote from bavorak :I have made a 30-second-long video few weeks ago...can I use it in competition? Wouldnt it be against rule 5.?

You are allowed of course,
the rule is saying, that you must not use a video which is old, means like last year, last 5 months or you used in other comp.
ty And yeah we only have one hondelul in our team
Had a collision with some buddy on CarGame S2.
Thought, would be appropriate in this comp.

My litte entry :
Watch here
Beautiful and realistic crash
Very good editing skills Teemu. Also watched your other videos, nice work. Love your camera work.

Nice, FireMike, but I know you can do a lot better.
Hehe, I was still doing that in 10 Minutes.
I shouldn't be in this round, nevertheless I'm in it.
So I don't make a better video, otherwise my computer is not at his best times atm.
Quote from FireMike15 :Had a collision with some buddy on CarGame S2.
Thought, would be appropriate in this comp.

My litte entry :
Watch here

I lost my tyre , because of that i was flipping so long here
Well, this is mine...not entirely new...most of all have problably already watched it but to increase number of competitors it will serve just well

Youtube HD link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qrSpw1ht0Y&fmt=22

btw: I suggest editing first post by adding links to videos which are in competition because looking for them in the whole thread will get quite difficult with rising number of posts
My entry. I promised I would try to work hard on it, well I tried hard, but I still think it is not what I wanted. Too bad the video can only be 1min long, since now it looks like it is unfinished. I need to start learning syncing with the music more, otherwise I am not satisfied.

Anyway, here it is (watch in HD quality because I managed to fck up the quality and even in HD it doesn't look that good):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1F7vkNfM6o

jamodabestdood - Your video has been posted on youtube already on July, I think it is kinda weird FireMike allows to post old videos when it clearly says that no old videos can be posted. I think only videos that has been made after the theme has been started should be allowed to compete, but that's just me.
Quote from andRo. :

jamodabestdood - Your video has been posted on youtube already on July, I think it is kinda weird FireMike allows to post old videos when it clearly says that no old videos can be posted. I think only videos that has been made after the theme has been started should be allowed to compete, but that's just me.

"5. Old videos (of last year/you already used) or renders aren't allowed."

The video I just posted is from this year, and since this is the first round of this competition, i clearly have not used this video for this competition yet
I know, I can read, but can you?
Quote : I think it is kinda weird FireMike allows to post old videos when it clearly says that no old videos can be posted.

I think old videos are any videos created before the theme was created etc. I just told my opinion how I think it would be most logical not to allow those videos to be in the competition. At least that's how we do it in photomode competition, but whatever.
Guys,
-For this very first round we make an exception.
It's okay if people posting more videos for Round 1, anyway this is "Free Theme", so everybody have some movie he made the last weeks.
-But if we have a special theme, you have to do a video about it, so the chance that you have already such a video of such a topic is quite low.

But the rule said,
Old videos (of last year/you already used) or renders aren't allowed."

But Jamodabestdood says the right thing, but that's just a exception at this 1st round.

It's kind of difficult to make the correct rules for a videocomp.
Sorry for that.

-Andro : Nice Soundtrack
Quote from andRo. :My entry. I promised I would try to work hard on it, well I tried hard, but I still think it is not what I wanted. Too bad the video can only be 1min long, since now it looks like it is unfinished. I need to start learning syncing with the music more, otherwise I am not satisfied.

Anyway, here it is (watch in HD quality because I managed to fck up the quality and even in HD it doesn't look that good):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1F7vkNfM6o

you win it for me so far..it was nice
FireMike15 - Okay, now I get it. It thought it was for every week, but if it's only for week 1, then it's ok.
do titles not count to overall time or something because 1:02is not1 minute last time i checked
I like Andro's own the best sofar. Hate the music tho
FireMike - What happens if the videos are a bit longer than 1 minute? Just asking because some of the videos are just a bit longer and if that's allowed?

Not that I care that much, but to be fair to others I thought of things like, if your video is a bit longer then in the end after we do the voting, for each second which is longer you take off one vote or something like that.
Aww shoot after these videos my idea feels like crap...well still doing it, havent actually really started...gotta start tomorrow or else I'll be late :/
Quote from andRo. :FireMike - What happens if the videos are a bit longer than 1 minute? Just asking because some of the videos are just a bit longer and if that's allowed?

Not that I care that much, but to be fair to others I thought of things like, if your video is a bit longer then in the end after we do the voting, for each second which is longer you take off one vote or something like that.

As I said,
We don't classify this round not very strictly.
If there some seconds over the limit, that's not really a bad thing now.

But thanks andRo you have mention that.
I add the rule and update the LFSVideoComp-MainRules.

LFS VideoMode Competition Round 1: Free Theme
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG