The online racing simulator
Locking old threads
(13 posts, started )
Locking old threads
Thats my idea, then there someone couldnt bump.. or the last post date little more bigger to people can notice it.

Then there should not be so many bumps

And with this idea i mean that VERY Old threads could be locked

E: OK OK, when i writed this thread i just writed it fast and didnt think. duh>.>
Why? Better to have all discussions related to a specific topic together (even if the dicussion continues after 3+ years) rather than over several threads. Plus , if you are trying to find info about a specific issue - its much easier to search and find discussions/solutions to that issue if its all contained in one thread...

As for bumping posts; theres no point in bumping if the thread/post is useless to anyone. So its simply upto whoever is posting...

-1 for locking old threads.
Go away.
I actually agree with this. Most posts mean nothing after a couple of years and nobody minds stuff getting reposted if it isn't actually discussed that much. But it would stop people bumping old stuff for no real reason with a 'lol' or something.
Quote from Dajmin :But it would stop people bumping old stuff for no real reason with a 'lol' or something.

But when does that happen?

I can remember 3 instances at best in the last year.

More useful to leave them open for new users to contribute to the topic than close them because of a very small amount of morons who like to spam.
I've seen forums that warn you, before submitting post, that the thread is X months old, etc.
Quote from Silverracer :Why? Better to have all discussions related to a specific topic together (even if the dicussion continues after 3+ years) rather than over several threads. Plus , if you are trying to find info about a specific issue - its much easier to search and find discussions/solutions to that issue if its all contained in one thread...

As for bumping posts; theres no point in bumping if the thread/post is useless to anyone. So its simply upto whoever is posting...

-1 for locking old threads.

I agree totally. Better keep all the similar stuff in one place.

And hey, having old threads being bumped always remind you of good old days

Quote from thezero :Go away.

illepall
What if one is an information thread for example. When no more information can be added for 6 months to a year, it goes dead, but when an update for a program or new leagues etc come out, it can be added to so you can have a whole archive full of information that new players can read from and learn some of the history of LFS. Dating back to the first informations to the latest.
The avatar i find very interesting
Quote from PwrSlave :The avatar i find very interesting

He's 11, I'm guessing he has no idea.
I can sense some serious impending doom coming.

-1 for locking old threads
This might seem like an uttery bad idea, but think about it. Bumping an ancient thread often triggers responses like "Holy bump!", creating a new one leads to "Search, n00b", so there is nothing gained nor lost on this ground.

Nevertheless, old threads tend to get seriously out of date, this is quite apparent in Technical Assistance. Patches, bugfixes or whatever changes make advices in old threads pretty much useless and going through such threads can get pretty confusing.

I'm not for some global locking of threads dead over say a year, but if this idea got some careful consideration, it could turn out to be useful.

n1 Mikko, anyway -1 for this idea... why we should lock? if we could delete them? for example, @ Improvement Suggestions, delete those what already done

Locking old threads
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG