The online racing simulator
BMW 1-Series M Coupe
(37 posts, started )
BMW 1-Series M Coupe
I know it is just another BMW but I couldn't pass this up. They have lived up to their promise of a car which could be considered a modern day E30 M3. And they have done it.

(quoted from topgear.com)
Quote :

Three hundred and forty horsepower, 1,500kg and an estimated 10 seconds quicker around the 'Ring than the E46 M3.

Those are the headline figures for the most anticipated BMW M-Power model in recent history - the 1 Series M Coupe.

BMW M development head Albert Biermann revealed the baby M model will come with a twin-turbo 3.0-litre straight-six engine mated 'exclusively' to a six-speed box driving, obviously, the rear wheels.

He said: "A closer look at the prototypes will reveal many similarities to the chassis, brakes and rear diff of the BMW M3."

That 1,500kg weight is an interesting figure - around 200kg lighter than the current, V8-powered M3 (and so keeping to M Boss Kay Segler's promise of a 'small, lightweight racer), but still 200kg heavier than the original E30. This may upset some Internet fans.

Biermann makes reference to the 1 Series M Coupe having parallels with the last-gen M3, but expects it to trounce that car in the performance stakes, meaning the 0-62mph time could well be around five seconds. He also confirmed the 1-M would be 80mm wider than the standard coupe, with the "usual M icons" both inside and out (quad exhausts, being one).

The full, Officially Official reveal will take place at the Detroit motor show in January, and the very first cars will be delivered to customers around summertime.

Oh, and one last thing - the price. No specifics, but Biermann mentioned "it will lie somewhere between the 135i Coupe and the M3 Coupe... with a clear tendency towards the 135i". That car currently sells for just over £30k...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS-AlNi4SbU

isnt called m1 they wont call anything the m1 after the supercar
fixed it.

My neighbour screwed up. He just bought the 1 series coupe and now this is coming
much better. and how did he make a mistake this will probably be double the price and do half the mpg
Quote from brt900 :much better. and how did he make a mistake this will probably be double the price and do half the mpg

I don't actually think it will be. They are trying to get back to their roots. I think they will keep it quite reasonable for what it is. Probably £35-40k. Come on BMW don't let us down. Still too expensive for us though. We are stuck with Kia Oh and his mate has a very nice E30.
dry weight 1500 kg/3300lbs
price
looks

for that price I would rather take original E30M3SE

here is the answer why
i know its probably only there so you cant steal photographs that show the cars lines properly but still that is one ugly ass paintjob
Standing next to E30 M3 it looks like pussy.
I think it's called the 1M, that's what everyone is calling it anyway.
1500kg is not light by any means.

Either way Compared to the E30 M3 it would easily destroy it to an oblivion.
for modern day standards it is quite light. And it's bloody quicker than an E46 M3
I like the looks of the ! series coupe but next to the E30 it looks like a fatty.
Why did they cover it in wallpaper from an Indian restaurant?
Too heavy and bad looking. The second ugliest BMW imo, following the E63.
Quote from Luke.S :I know it is just another BMW but I couldn't pass this up. They have lived up to their promise of a car which could be considered a modern day E30 M3. And they have done it.

(quoted from topgear.com)

OMFG some threw up on your..what was it..a 326 vomit?
I have stool and tapes worms quicker

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Too heavy and bad looking. The second ugliest BMW imo, following the E63.

Your Dad own the ugliest?

OMG.even I will move to another thread.
Quote from theirishnoob :fixed

You are kind of right sir!

It's the ugliest bmw after the E36, E83, E84, E53, E71 and F07
imho ugliest bmw of all time is E46 compact, and E36 compact after that and someone got serious brain damage if they think that e36, e53, e71 and f07 are ugly
They are ugly, well the e36 isn't really ugly but i don't really like it tbh , only the newer x5 is nice, oh i totally forgot about the compacts.
Quote from Amynue :Standing next to E30 M3 it looks like pussy.

well said modern world sucks.
Looks a bit like a sneaker.
Cant wait
Attached images
1m_UK_01.jpg
1m_UK_03.jpg
1m_UK_06.jpg
Let my wipe of the mess I made on my screen.

BMW 1-Series M Coupe
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG