The online racing simulator
Quote from Foilpact :I think they are delaying it so they are not releasing at same time as Kinect...

Doubt it would help sales launching the biggest PS3 game of the year at same time as M$ launches its £130(lol) eyetoy clone...

two entirely different market segment, and lets face it, move/kinect isn't going to set the sales chart on fire.
Well, that blows and I don't know how you justify that. I'm thankful that I don't have to download a patch for the game, but it also blows.

Speaking of patches, did you notice / know that MSG4 has in the ENTIRE TIME IT HAS BEEN OUT, never gotten a patch? That's how stable it is. I think that's quite impressive considering all of the games that are handing out patches for the buggy releases.
Wow

Just a huge DL for MGO
They could really use a patch though.

Kojima-san, we want trophies.
Quote from Foilpact :I think they are delaying it so they are not releasing at same time as Kinect...

Doubt it would help sales launching the biggest PS3 game of the year at same time as M$ launches its £130(lol) eyetoy clone...

Most probably, the game is already done content wise. The ratings were just passed recently here.

I wonder if the first review scheduled for 27th October is still going ahead? And the launch parties already planned.
If it is, then you know it's a marketing delay....
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Forza has TG stuff and isn't delayed?

Sorry, didn't mean to add that part in there. What I meant to say was maybe they didn't want both of them conflicting even though GT5 had announced it first. Either that or this.

If I'm reading it right GT5 had TG stuff, then Forza got the (supposedly) exclusive deal. Maybe I'm coming at it from a wrong angle, but I can't help but think that PD have majorly messed it up with PR.

Kinect and GT5 are two different market sectors however
Im highly looking forward to this game, I cant wait to buy it. However, i never realised how over the top some people get.. Its just a game, nothing more. (and yes, i can be quite a GT fanboy, i love it) but sheshhhhhh!!!

looooooooool
Well this confirms it's due to a coding issue, so the game actually hasn't gone gold yet
http://www.andriasang.com/e/bl ... 14/yamauchi_on_gt5_delay/

Quote :Sony didn't give much of an explanation when it announced Gran Turismo 5's delay yesterday. For something a bit more solid (just a bit), we turn to series producer Kazunori Yamauchi himself.

Returning to Twitter for the first time since September 22, Yamauchi apologized to fans today and explained that the reason for the delay was that it was taking some time to finalize some of the game's more complicated systems. Apologizing again (two apologies in the same Tweet!), he asked that players wait a bit more.

Yamauchi quickly followed up this apology with some good news for those worrying that this is actually a stealth delay to 2011. A follower pleaded with him to get the game out by the end of the year. "I believe we won't keep you waiting until then," replied Yamauchi.

Coding issue?

Hmm..............
Reuteurs are citing production issues, either way, they have probably known it wasn't going to hit 2nd Nov for a little while.
Could it be possible that production couldn't make enough to put on the shelves with all the pre orders as well.
GT5 is the new Duke Nukem Forever lol
A bit disappointing, but if it was gameplay related and serious enough to delay further, I'd rather they did it.

Either way, nothing we can do so why give it more than a moment's thought?
Quote from Woz :GT5 is the new Duke Nukem Forever lol

The term is "vaporware"
According to GTPlanet, it is a production issue, meaning they dont have enough copies ready.

Anyway I wont die for it, whats a few weeks more considering we are still waiting for 'early 2009'...
Quote from sinbad :A bit disappointing, but if it was gameplay related and serious enough to delay further, I'd rather they did it.

Either way, nothing we can do so why give it more than a moment's thought?

Exactly.

Some of the comments on GT Planet were along the lines of "This is the final straw. I shan't be buying anything from Sony or Polyphony again. How dare they". It's as if the morons on that forum (and to an extent in this thread) feel like they have some god-given right to the game, or that they are personally offended by a game maker not releasing the game when it said it might.

And to people that actually booked holiday from work to play it when it came out, knowing that release date slips have been fairly frequent - you must be really sad no-life bastards!!!!!!!
At least it gives me more time to save up for a PS3, i knew it was going to happen.
Quote from Mustafur :At least it gives me more time to save up for a PS3, i knew it was going to happen.

You will be able to buy 2 PS3's before it is released.
Quote from tristancliffe :Exactly.

Some of the comments on GT Planet were along the lines of "This is the final straw. I shan't be buying anything from Sony or Polyphony again. How dare they". It's as if the morons on that forum (and to an extent in this thread) feel like they have some god-given right to the game, or that they are personally offended by a game maker not releasing the game when it said it might.

And to people that actually booked holiday from work to play it when it came out, knowing that release date slips have been fairly frequent - you must be really sad no-life bastards!!!!!!!

My friend cancelled his preorder in anger. I chewed him out that it is only a videogame, and his intended purchase of a G27 for GT5 is overkill as well
Quote from tristancliffe :Exactly.

some of the people make me laugh!..

btw, how did silverstone go?

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG