The online racing simulator
New Dodge Charger 2011!
(54 posts, started )
That's the Shelby

This is the pinnacle of Mustang:

1965. Drop-top. No low-profile tyres, no wind tunnels, no safety features of any kind. Seatbelts if you were really lucky. Effing raar
Quote from Dajmin :That's the Shelby

This is the pinnacle of Mustang:

1965. Drop-top. No low-profile tyres, no wind tunnels, no safety features of any kind. Seatbelts if you were really lucky. Effing raar

The original Mustang was also slow as balls.

"As for straight-line performance, R&T's 210-horsepower 289/four-speed car did about what the editors expected: 0-60 mph in nine seconds (vs. 11.2 for an automatic 260), a standing quarter-mile of 16.5 at 80 mph, 110 mph all out, and 14-18 mpg."

You get equivalent straight line performance out of a base model Toyota Corolla these days. And forget corners.
Quote from Forbin :You get equivalent straight line performance out of a base model Toyota Corolla these days. And forget corners.

Yeah, but you can't really compare a new car with one that came along 45 years ago. But back in the day that was stuff to lust after. They were all steel and still used big carbs. Of course new tech is going to make it obsolete, that's why we have research. The only thing they haven't improved is looks. How many of the current models will still have people wanting them in 2050?

And Camaro? My favourite classic muscle car.

Yes please.
who thought creating a thread about an american car was a good idea?
Quote from -NightFly- :Really? I find mustang really attractive, one of the best looking americans imo.

I mean the facelift of the one you posted. The back looks like shit imo
Quote from 5haz :5.7 litres? 379hp? Its the late 70s all over again.

Are you sure about those figures?

But it has something called torque.

Of course Europeans can't understand how this works.
Quote from Mustafur :But it has something called torque.

Of course Europeans can't understand how this works.

But IIRC they compared a Mercedes with some American boat on Top Gear, and the Mercedes completely trashed it...
Quote from Bose321 :But IIRC they compared a Mercedes with some American boat on Top Gear, and the Mercedes completely trashed it...

Thats because the car was a boat.
What is this, Some who's county has the better car?

I'm not gonna be all up on USA cars, But the second I got in a mercedes for the first time, It took me 5 hours, 10 cans of soda, 1 hour of constant reading and a bloody thumb, And a toothpick, To open the autolocked trunk.

That just doesn't. Happen over here.

Best car ever made = This
It's also required while drool ... you listen to this song.
No Paws

It's either that or a 'Cuda IMO

Or a 917
Quote from TehPaws3D :What is this, Some who's county has the better car?

I'm not gonna be all up on USA cars, But the second I got in a mercedes for the first time, It took me 5 hours, 10 cans of soda, 1 hour of constant reading and a bloody thumb, And a toothpick, To open the autolocked trunk.

That just doesn't. Happen over here.

Best car ever made = This
It's also required while drool ... you listen to this song.

Yeah that GT500 replica is a great design by chip foose, i love it.
Quote from Dajmin :Yeah, but you can't really compare a new car with one that came along 45 years ago. But back in the day that was stuff to lust after. They were all steel and still used big carbs. Of course new tech is going to make it obsolete, that's why we have research. The only thing they haven't improved is looks. How many of the current models will still have people wanting them in 2050?

Why not? Both are available for sale today. The only thing the Mustang has over a Corrolla is style. On all other fronts, the Corrolla wins (performance, price, reliability, fuel econ, comfort, safety, etc.).

Even my 1998 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6 (compact pickup) is on par with the original Mustang in terms of performance. And it didn't cost me $10,000.

The only people who want a 1965 Mustang are people who had one as a kid but sold it and became nostalgic, and posers.

Me? I spent a decent amount of my formative years in my dad's 1994 BMW 325is, of which I had temporary ownership for a short period. My older brother currently owns it, but should he move on to something else, I may be inclined to buy it from him. And if not, I may buy a different E36 in the future. Probably not, but the urge will be there.
Quote from Forbin :
Me? I spent a decent amount of my formative years in my dad's 1994 BMW 325is, of which I had temporary ownership for a short period. My older brother currently owns it, but should he move on to something else, I may be inclined to buy it from him. And if not, I may buy a different E36 in the future. Probably not, but the urge will be there.

E36 is ugly

Either get a E30 or E46 then.
Quote from TehPaws3D :...I'm not gonna be all up on USA cars, But the second I got in a mercedes for the first time, It took me 5 hours, 10 cans of soda, 1 hour of constant reading and a bloody thumb, And a toothpick, To open the autolocked trunk...[/SIZE][/URL]

That depends on the user. It took me half an our, 2 galons of fuel (engine was started) and 46 pages of the manual to discover how to set the D gear in a Cadillac Escalade

Quote from G!NhO :E36 is ugly :shy...

Shut up :bananadea

]
Automatic boots are for lazy people. Get out and open it with your hands. Automatic gear boxes fail. Get a proper gear box.
Cruise control is good sometimes except with people who think it is auto drive.
speaking of fail, you can no longer get a manual ford truck
Quote from logitekg25 :speaking of fail, you can no longer get a manual ford truck

wow thats pathetic.
Glad the GT500 is manual
That is Chinese-clone-car ugly. That's pretty much the worst kind of ugly.

But at least underneath it's superficial exterior-oh wait maybe not.

It's dead behind the eyes.
Quote from NitroNitrous :That depends on the user. It took me half an our, 2 galons of fuel (engine was started) and 46 pages of the manual to discover how to set the D gear in a Cadillac Escalade

isn't that the shifter, circled in yellow (see attached)?

---

put it in h!
Attached images
cadillac-escalade-leather-interior.jpg
#49 - JJ72
Quote from Forbin :Why not? Both are available for sale today. The only thing the Mustang has over a Corrolla is style. On all other fronts, the Corrolla wins (performance, price, reliability, fuel econ, comfort, safety, etc.).

but for me a corolla is just a tool, a mean to get around, a mustang on the other hand is at least somehow interesting and exotic.
Quote from Bose321 :But IIRC they compared a Mercedes with some American boat on Top Gear, and the Mercedes completely trashed it...

Was that when it went up against the Camaro? The Mercedes cost twice as much as the new Camaro...I'd hope it would get trashed. Just one of the reasons I don't watch Top Gear, made no sense to compare those two cars, not even in the same league.

New Dodge Charger 2011!
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG