The online racing simulator
Quote from danowat :Anyone buying the furiously over-priced collectors edition?

Ooh, a collecters edition made especially for me? Awesome!

Jokes aside, I'm not buying it. May be a good deal, but the price is too steep.
When GT5 comes we of the LFS forums should do some online races together.
Where can i get a collectors edition for a good price not that overpriced signature edition,
but the one just in between that one and the normal one.
Indeed.
Quote from mr_x :I'm hopefully getting a broken PS3 (blu ray laser) to get repaired ready for GT5... Saving of about £100ish of a 2nd hand PS3. When you're a student as skint as I am, it's worth the effort!

bring it to a toy superstore and say your folks got you it for christmas and you dont have a reciept....

9 times out of 10 they'll straight swap for a working one.

worked for me + others anyways.
Quote from Dajmin :The online functionailty and community will make or break it for me. There's never that many people in FM3 online, and the ones who are tend to be a little... cold. Yes, I suck. But that doesn't mean they have to totally blank me.

If prologue was anything to go by it will be the normal.....

90% idiots
5% mental cases
5% people who actually know what they are doing.
I've went on Daytona with my silver R8 and I got punted off by some pillocks in a F430! Online on Prologue was awful mainly due to those people. Hope GT5 has some reasonable people
Quote from speed1230 :I've went on Daytona with my silver R8 and I got punted off by some pillocks in a F430! Online on Prologue was awful mainly due to those people. Hope GT5 has some reasonable people

Need for Speed has a lot to answer for.

While waiting for GT5 a mate lent me Need for Speed Shift, while it was a bit of fun they do reward you for bad racing.

Played over a weekend and I haven't played it since.
Quote from danowat :GT5 install (for optimum performance) is 10GB, if you are using your PS3 for JUST GT5, then 40GB will be enough.

If you decide to get other games (many / most?) require an install, so you can quite quickly fill a 40GB drive, I only have a handfull of PS3 games, and my 40GB drive only had 8GB free left..

Good news is, replacement HDD's are dirt cheap (£22 for 250GB)

Thanks a lot Dan, that's all I wanted to know!
I have a 120gb Slim, and all I have is Prologue, a bunch of demos, and 2 PSN games, Savage Moon and PixelJunk Monsters and their DLC. And some PS3 specific apps Videozone, Home and that Photo thing.
Some of the demos like Fat Princess are worth keeping as their quite packed with content. I can play it online as well.

HD is half full already

GT5 will add another 10gb, and then the saves, car setups, replays, videos photo mode pics and what not will add up....

---

For the new PS3 owners, don't forget a router if you don't have one already to share net connection. The PS3 is pretty quick over wireless connection with my router, I get over 1MB a second.

As far as online goes, you know there will be a lot of kids....
If you stick with Pro Physics races, you reduce that amount a whole lot, they can't handle the physics.
And then either stick with private lobbies, or hunt down forum scheduled times where serious racers like to gather. GT Planet normally has a forum dedicated to online events and times to enter a race. ie there will usually be a set time on the Prologue clock where you want to enter a race, ie 0:00 0:15 or 0:30

If you get in a race of Japanese drivers, they tend to be fast and clean.
Guess they didn't do anything about the shadows then, that's a shame.
Pretty sure that's a framerate issue. Shadows can be pretty intensive, especially over a detailed 3D surface like those dashboards.
Some cars have smooth shadows, and others really low res. The PC version of NFS Shift has blocky shadows like that when I set it to low quality.

Maybe they lowered the quality to allow the unoptimised demo build to run smoothly
I see GT5's release in Russian has been delayed by "a few weeks", I truely hope this is just a localization problem, and doesn't affect the rest of the world.
It is a bit odd considering just how close the release is, I'd have assumed that the game has already gone gold and not very far away from being sent to the pressing plants, if it already hasn't.....
Might be just a russian game manual/collectors edition book translation thing.
Lets hope so eh?, however, tis a bit late in the day, surely they'd have had the localization wrapped up this close to release, but then again, what do I know.....
Oh dear.......according to various sources, certain chains (HMV in the UK being one), in the UK, Germany and Netherlands are reporting that release date has been pushed back till end Nov / beginning Dec.......

I seriously hope this is wrong.
oh God, the chaos that will ensue now.... The world will literally end now...
come on already, what can they add in just a few weeks? just release it.

Hope they ain't fixing anything major.
:banghead:
They hired Scawen to rewrite the tire physics. It'll be out around christmas 2027.
I'm wondering if they've found a bug and don't want to say

And in December, watch it slip back to April
Nothing is 100% confirmed yet, so it could all just be rumour....
Doubt it's a rumor

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG