The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
Expert is the max difficulty level (driving aids wise)
Legendary is max AI difficulty level (which is chosen automatically when you choose expert difficulty im fairly sure).
Frustrating game, really... I cant get past 280 kph in the Lotus, maybe I made a bad choice, and they kill me with -4secs laps
Quote from chanoman315 :Frustrating game, really... I cant get past 280 kph in the Lotus, maybe I made a bad choice, and they kill me with -4secs laps

What downforce setting are you useing? i use 3/4 on most tracks, just play around with the gearing.

All i do is go to the engineer section and put the set with the lowest df on then adjust it from there.
Legend AI difficulty is unlocked when you win the World championship on Expert.
Quote from Mustafur :Legend AI difficulty is unlocked when you win the World championship on Expert.

Its been available all the time for me on PC and PS3.
I am getting really hacked off with the countless punctures.
Racing at Hockenheim I qualify on P1 with the Lotus, and the AI are set to the difficulty 1 lower than the legendary. Still was a tough race but 2 laps from the end..... POP! with the Prime tyres.

I can't stand Hungaroring aswell, qualify on P3 and Lewis and Mark shoot off with the option tyre *I'm on the same* but I can't even match the pace of the AI round that track, it's insane. Had to hold off most the pack untill nearing the end of the race on Primes.

Hoping for better luck with Spa and Monza, but also i've already got offers from BMW, Toro Rosso. But I'm looking towards Force India as the next step, since their car seems to be very slippery *quick in a straight line* lol.
Quote from adamlfs :I am getting really hacked off with the countless punctures.
Racing at Hockenheim I qualify on P1 with the Lotus, and the AI are set to the difficulty 1 lower than the legendary. Still was a tough race but 2 laps from the end..... POP! with the Prime tyres.

I can't stand Hungaroring aswell, qualify on P3 and Lewis and Mark shoot off with the option tyre *I'm on the same* but I can't even match the pace of the AI round that track, it's insane. Had to hold off most the pack untill nearing the end of the race on Primes.

Hoping for better luck with Spa and Monza, but also i've already got offers from BMW, Toro Rosso. But I'm looking towards Force India as the next step, since their car seems to be very slippery *quick in a straight line* lol.

Remember you are in a lotus and it is significantly slower in a straight line.

Force india is Quite good, its a fairly fast and stable car(compared to the Torro Rosso and Virgin i had on career mode).
Quote from Rikje :Beating your rival gives you their seat at the end of the year 99% of the time.

I wish I had known that, I would of picked Lewis as my rival and not Mark (even tho he was much closer to me points wise then Lewis.) I wanted to be in the McLaren by Season two, but I got offered a RBR seat and as it was the only front runner the offered me a seat I went for that team. I guess I'll just have to beat the living crap out of McLaren this year and then move into that car next season.
Quote from Mustafur :Remember you are in a lotus and it is significantly slower in a straight line.

Force india is Quite good, its a fairly fast and stable car(compared to the Torro Rosso and Virgin i had on career mode).

Yeah I know Lotus isn't the best for straight line speed, but getting random punctures when you can't see whats causing them is annoying. Plus the AI don't seem to have them.
Quote from adamlfs :Yeah I know Lotus isn't the best for straight line speed, but getting random punctures when you can't see whats causing them is annoying. Plus the AI don't seem to have them.

How about puncture on the first corner of Monaco...would not have believed it was possible if I didn't witness it myself when the little bro was have a go.
Quote from DeKo :Just because you aren't fast enough to beat the AI on Legend in a bottom 3 car, doesn't mean nobody else can. The AI are far too easy, even on Legend, and winning isn't a problem, unless the AI don't pit or you don't get released from your pit.

I'm talking full race distance. Not 20% crap.
Quote from speedykev :I'm talking full race distance. Not 20% crap.

It's no different, i race 30/40% races, if i can lap faster than the AI, i can do it no matter what the race distance. Go practice some more.
Quote from rc10racer :What downforce setting are you useing? i use 3/4 on most tracks, just play around with the gearing.

All i do is go to the engineer section and put the set with the lowest df on then adjust it from there.

I used one that gives me the maximum speed they can get me, I think it's 4/4.
Anyways, I had a puncture in T1 and I think it was because I made contact with someone.
Quote from speedykev :I'm talking full race distance. Not 20% crap.

Show us a replay of one of your laps, or tell us what kind of lap times you are putting down. The AI seem to be a lot more competitive on some tracks, as i think was mentioned in this thread, but You should definitely be able to win at Sakir. Melbourne is tougher though.
Just drove at Valencia.
First try: puncture after Turn 3. Restart.
Second try: puncture in the Outlap after the Pitstop
Third try: puncture in T3 just after the Pitstop...

:gnasher:
I never get punctures?
Only time i got a puncture was when i went wide at Catalunya and went into the sand on turn 3.

But that was practise
Quote from Highsider9 :Just drove at Valencia.
First try: puncture after Turn 3. Restart.
Second try: puncture in the Outlap after the Pitstop
Third try: puncture in T3 just after the Pitstop...

Fixed.
Jeez that must have pissed you off
Quote from DeKo :It's no different, i race 30/40% races, if i can lap faster than the AI, i can do it no matter what the race distance. Go practice some more.

30/40% race distance and you're telling me to go practice lol.
and these are the people that want a simulator. Your Pathetic
Quote from speedykev :30/40% race distance and you're telling me to go practice lol.
and these are the people that want a simulator. Your Pathetic

What are you talking about? I can quite happily do full race distances and win, it is just incredibly boring. Running shorter races doesn't make it any less of a simulator, you're talking absolute shit.

You're the fucking pathetic idiot that is far too slow to beat the AI, so you believe nobody can. Grow up.
I found it to be fun....lol jks i raced at Bahrain and was bored shitless. Now since im on to Melbourne im hoping for better things.
I've given up on 2010, untill such time as they release a patch.

Its fun and all, just not much fun as the AI is really crappy when it comes to pitstops, they might as well have removed pitstops completely, because there is no strategy as you either get stuck in the pits as a string of AI drivers leave the pitlane, or backmarkers win as they don't even bother to pit.
Quote from DeKo :What are you talking about? I can quite happily do full race distances and win, it is just incredibly boring. Running shorter races doesn't make it any less of a simulator, you're talking absolute shit.

You're the fucking pathetic idiot that is far too slow to beat the AI, so you believe nobody can. Grow up.

You just keep shooting yourself in the foot dont ya. full race distances incredibly boring lmfao
shorter races don't make it and less of a simulator. Of course it does, and your telling me to grow up. lol

You're just a big headed idiot, go away

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG