The online racing simulator
Pixels going wild on my TV
(20 posts, started )
So few days ago i was chillin out, relaxin and enjoying the fine low res picture from my TV (Its an old LCD TV). But then i suddenly saw that the pixels are like washed out or something. I asked my mummy and bro, they didnt know anything about it so i guess noone has hit the panel whatsoever. But now the pixels are like washing away by themselves. There are pretty big stripes on the TV already.

I made a crappy video with my crappy phone and made few pics that are in the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYM3TttBvro

Could somebody explain, what in the hell is this? And why is it happening (to me)?
i think its time for a new TV. The screen is dying.
Quote from Luke.S :i think its time for a new TV. The screen is dying.

Myea, i guess.

Imma google it, maybe there's a solution to stop the "process" for a while. Cant really afford a new TV right now.
Looks like an image has been left on the screen for too long, game or something or a menu of some sort - looks like it's burnt into the screen?
Quote from DejaVu :Looks like an image has been left on the screen for too long, game or something or a menu of some sort - looks like it's burnt into the screen?

I dont remember this happening.

At this point the TV is quite a bit old and maybe the panel has lived its age. Im not sure, but i think this TV was bought about when the first LCD's came to the consumer's market (massive sale etc.).

Few times we've had problems with picture burning into the picture, but it just left a slight watermark on it. In the end of the day we got it fixed. Right now, the TV is playing pretty much all day, alot of different channels and moving content etc.

Edit: The pixels are actually dead in there, nothing is burned onscreen :]
looking at it more. Yes the screen has had it. Well they aren't too expensive anymore even for a 1080p one.
I've had a similar problem, but that was because i cleaned my screen, then later pixel after pixed died around it, the circle of dead pixel just got bigger and bigger, but it only got bigger when the screen was on. So dunno :|

But its time for new screen, no way to fix
That's the reason why I only clean my TV and screens with special materials for them.

For example, to clean dust of a screen, use compressed air.

It's not expensive at all, and easy in use.
Ive cleaned my screen's with the right stuff too. No "water and cloth", lol. And as far as i remember, i havnt cleaned the TV's panel for quite some time now. Having dust on it cant shorten out the microconnections etc that are in there.
i'd blame the white man tbh
Quote from hazaky :Ive cleaned my screen's with the right stuff too. No "water and cloth", lol. And as far as i remember, i havnt cleaned the TV's panel for quite some time now. Having dust on it cant shorten out the microconnections etc that are in there.

Hmmm.

Maybe a electricity failure somewhere in your house...

Gave a shock to the screen?
So few days ago i was chillin out, relaxin.........all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys
Who were up to no good
Startin makin trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one lil fight and my mom got scared
She said your movin with your auntie and uncle in bel Air
An update, lol.

The line has finally gone thru the whole screen horizontally. Other than that, i dont see anymore pixels spreading like that. Hmm
#14 - PoVo
Sell it to a blind person
Quote from PoVo :Sell it to a blind person

Eh.

An option, yea. But i guess if the pixels spread more and its unwatchable, then ill pick up few good components from there and just throw it away :]
PoVo, that reminds me a joke.
Mute called a deaf to say that blind got a new color tv
a trick for lcd's with persistence problems is to leave it on for a few days displaying nothing but solid white... and then try leaving it off for a few days and that might reset the pixels... on the other hand, it might be hosed.
Quote from bunder9999 :a trick for lcd's with persistence problems is to leave it on for a few days displaying nothing but solid white... and then try leaving it off for a few days and that might reset the pixels... on the other hand, it might be hosed.

On a closer look-up i can easily indetify that the pixels are actually burned up. But well, i dont think white will do anything. Maybe ur talking about getting pixels unstuck (if stuck).
Quote from hazaky :On a closer look-up i can easily indetify that the pixels are actually burned up. But well, i dont think white will do anything. Maybe ur talking about getting pixels unstuck (if stuck).

no, when it comes to stuck pixels, sometimes pressing on them can snap them back into sync... although i've heard that colours sometimes can work too, i've never actually seen it work in practice.

actually, white is also good for magnet burn on crt's as well, if you don't have access to a degausser. (even though you can make one with some 14/2 wire, a wall plug adapter, a marrette, and some electrical tape)
Quote from bunder9999 :no, when it comes to stuck pixels, sometimes pressing on them can snap them back into sync... although i've heard that colours sometimes can work too, i've never actually seen it work in practice.

actually, white is also good for magnet burn on crt's as well, if you don't have access to a degausser.

Yea, my previous monitor had a stuck pixel and so does my current. Never seen pixel getting unstuck either, havnt really tryed it on my current monitor tho.

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG