The online racing simulator
Hosting Problems.
(7 posts, started )
Hosting Problems.
I've tried a long time to get where I could host something but it never works. So heres what I've done to try to get where I can host a LFS server but still no luck.

-Firewall Turned Off (tried with it on and allowing the port 63392 through the firewall)

-Portforwarded 63392 on my linksys router to my preferred Ipv4 address (192.168.1.101)

-Even tried to see if port triggering would help, Didn't.

-Went to http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and I get this msg:

Error: I could not see your service on 173.xxx.194.xxx on port (63392)
Reason: Connection timed out

Not sure whats going on. I've tried hosting other games as well as getting other outside help with the same result. I'm not sure why it isn't working or what I'm doing wrong but it sucks. I've tried forwarding my port for uTorrent but it still says it isn't forwarded when i test it.

Please help
Cody.

Oh, and I've had the same problem with my last two routers which have been a netgear and a belkin.. tried to do this with them but with no luck either.
Only thing i can think of that you may have missed out is setting a static ip address
Oh, I think I missed that haha! Damn! Because I just tested my utorrent port and it was open and working! woo! Thanks bud

EDIT: Gah, utorrent seen that one port open but when I try to test that same port somewhere else or the others it's saying its closed. Dunno man..
you have to set a static ip because if you dnt your router will assign random ip addresses to your pc everytime you start it up. Just the way they work out of the box. With a static ip it should all work fine
I still couldn't get it to work I don't think. When i try to start the LFS host it says it's working but no server shows up. I've tested my posts though through uTorrents port test and it says there open but when I test my ports somewhere else it still says the ports are closed. I also tried with setting up my router as a static ip router but it didn't seem to change anything.
You have to set a static ip on your pc lol
Look here and it will give you the instructions:
http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

If that dont work i suggest you google "portforwarding guide (Your router model)" as you have probably gone wrong with the forwarding bit. I have googled it myself and there`s loads of guides available. But i dnt know the model of your router so.............
I know how you feel mate i had the same battle myself a few years back when i hosted a lfs server but i got there in the end!
No what I meant was I've setup a static Ip on my computer and Router

Hosting Problems.
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG