The online racing simulator
Quote from Nick7 :Every day, we're one day closer to it's release...

This wise man says it.
You call that wise?

Every day we're one day after the original release.
.. and every day we're getting closer to our death
Quote from BOSCHO :.. and every day we're getting closer to our death

and your getting ready ?
I wonder if any racer died for real while waiting for the patch, that would be sad.
yes some1 did, there is a thread somewhere in the upper part on forum.
It has been quite a few months now since the last progress report, and even Scavier must have to admit that the patience of even the most avid LFS customer is being pushed here....

Any chance of another progress report?

I would prefer a patch of course, but in the absence of that, surely we deserve some news to keep us going?
Are we expected to wait forever?
It gets quite hard to motivate a team, aswell as myself, to keep fighting to keep the team interested in LFS, a team that has taken 8 years to build. When they want to move to other sims, what am I supposed to say? The new patch is coming soon?

I did that 2 years ago, now it really is getting a bit much.....

I can completely understand that physics take a long time etc etc, but we, as committed members of the community, deserve to know what kind of time frame we are working to here (IMHO)... Will it take weeks? Months? Another 2 years?

Whatever that may be, please let us know, then we can move on to other sims if we so wish, and come back to LFS when the patch is released (maybe).

The present situation, where we have no idea if the patch could be released in the next week, or next 10 years, is really not the best way to treat us IMHO....

It costs alot of money and time to keep teams running in LFS. Then we have the organisers of leagues... It costs them a huge amount of time and manpower, aswell as cash to run these events, from server costs, to broadcasting etc etc.... With no news, there is a good chance that these leagues will simply die. Leagues like Masters of Endurance, which epitomises the best things about LFS, might be lost, for good. We have already lost some great teams (and more great racers btw) from the community, and we cannot afford to lose anymore and my honest opinion is that the current situation is doing no good to LFS in the long term.

And anyone who dares say to me, play other sims, come back when the patch is released can GTFO... They don't run a team and pay for servers, website, teamspeak etc etc. Taking a break is not an option for a team. It is all or nothing. If SR left LFS to play something else as a team, there is a good chance we wouldn't be back..
Quote from rockclan :I think the most of us hope the same. And maybe, if you keep hoping, and don't lose fait, this moment comes closer.

Relying on faith for a simple update to come for a game is abit much
Quote from jasonmatthews :It has been quite a few months now since the last progress report, and even Scavier must have to admit that the patience of even the most avid LFS customer is being pushed here....

I would prefer a patch of course, but in the absence of that, surely we deserve some news to keep us going?
It gets quite hard to motivate a team, aswell as myself, to keep fighting to keep the team interested in LFS, a team that has taken 8 years to build. When they want to move to other sims, what am I supposed to say? The new patch is coming soon?

I can completely understand that physics take a long time etc etc, but we, as committed members of the community, deserve to know what kind of time frame we are working to here (IMHO)... Will it take weeks? Months? Another 2 years?

Whatever that may be, please let us know, then we can move on to other sims if we so wish, and come back to LFS when the patch is released (maybe).

The present situation, where we have no idea if the patch could be released in the next week, or next 10 years, is really not the best way to treat us IMHO....

It costs alot of money and time to keep teams running in LFS. Then we have the organisers of leagues... It costs them a huge amount of time and manpower, aswell as cash to run these events, from server costs, to broadcasting etc etc.... With no news, there is a good chance that these leagues will simply die. Leagues like Masters of Endurance, which epitomises the best things about LFS, might be lost, for good. We have already lost some great teams (and more great racers btw) from the community, and we cannot afford to lose anymore and my honest opinion is that the current situation is doing no good to LFS in the long term.

And anyone who dares say to me, play other sims, come back when the patch is released can GTFO... They don't run a team and pay for servers, website, teamspeak etc etc. Taking a break is not an option for a team. It is all or nothing. If SR left LFS to play something else as a team, there is a good chance we wouldn't be back..

Although I'm a recent S2 licensed driver and I'm still nowadays exploring and learning the art of LFS, I understand and realise this might be really a problem.

I don't know if rFactor or GTR Evo have the hability to switch drivers in the same car, but I believe not or MoE would probably have changed the sim already.

LFS is being left behind in popularity. "Sim Racing Tonight" / "Inside Sim Racing" simply put LFS aside due to the lack of new content, and rFactor (mainly due to comercial interests, of course) and IRacing are mencioned by them as the super-dupper-mega-awesome-super-thing, when I personally prefer GTR Evo to rFactor (which I only tried the Demo and the F1-1979 at a friends home) in what to feel, FFB and phisics is about.

But also I understand the dev side, since this is the big step for LFS. And they really want to give us a good product in a whole. Since I'm a LFS Newbie, I'm not that concerned with updates and I have all the pacience in the world, but I now realise that some people have other issues that justify their impacience (and that's not the ones who claim "I want it because I need new cars and it has passed 3 years since I started playing LFS"...)
Quote from Nick7 :Every day, we're one day closer to it's release...

Not if it never comes out.
Looks like people don't have a great morale.. that's understandable...

Devs, Help us!
Quote from jasonmatthews :It has been quite a few months now since the last progress report, and even Scavier must have to admit that the patience of even the most avid LFS customer is being pushed here....

This is such a nice post, you set some nice points to discuss onto and did it clearly.
I dont care about Scirocco or other track (at this moment) and i can live with curent tyre physics but i understand what jasonmatthews says.
Nowdays is very diffucult for teams to keep motivate the old lfs racers
Quote from vourliotis :
Nowdays is very diffucult for teams to keep motivate the old lfs racers

This.

That's why -TRR- tries something new, which is... attracting new players to this sim. People that have never heard of it before, and directly fall in love. And then also have SO many car & track combo's to try, that they won't be bored for long.
Scawen, any news about multicore CPU in LFS?
Quote from nesrulz :Scawen, any news about multicore CPU in LFS?

Ehm, from this I understand that you care more about multicore CPU then you do about the physics?
Quote from Calzone :Ehm, from this I understand that you care more about multicore CPU then you do about the physics?

At the moment, LFS is CPU limited due to it only using 1 core.
I think it is fair to assume that the new physics will be as complex, probably even more so than the current, so using more than one core seems the only way to cope with this extra load.
Quote from Bean0 :At the moment, LFS is CPU limited due to it only using 1 core.
I think it is fair to assume that the new physics will be as complex, probably even more so than the current, so using more than one core seems the only way to cope with this extra load.

I agree with you, and asking same question as Nesrulz...
Quote from Bean0 :At the moment, LFS is CPU limited due to it only using 1 core.

Yes, and no...

Most of us aren't really have difficulties running LFS, and if someone is having difficulties it's probably because their computer isn't up to par with 5 years ago standards.

By all means, multicore support is good, but the new physics would have to be insanely hard to calculate to warrant the need of having multicore support. Odds of that being the case? Probably not very high.
Quote from boosterfire :Most of us aren't really have difficulties running LFS, and if someone is having difficulties it's probably because their computer isn't up to par with 5 years ago standards.

Not true.

My PC looks like a 5 year old standard? I know this is not a speed demon at the moment, but...
The truth is that when I turn off remaining three cores, FPS is significantly increased and more stable at full grid.

So also I would like to know whether it is plan to introduce multi-core support.
Quote from adamshl :Not true.

My PC looks like a 5 year old standard? I know this is not a speed demon at the moment, but...
The truth is that when I turn off remaining three cores, FPS is significantly increased and more stable at full grid.

So also I would like to know whether it is plan to introduce multi-core support.

their is...

if your throw 3 outthe window...
Quote from adamshl :Not true.

If you have CnQ enabled, when you run only one core is always running at max MHz (2500MHz i think) but when are all the cores enabled, the load isnt too much to keep the CPU running at high frequency.

In other cases, open the task manager and set affinity for LFS.exe to one only core (so you didnt need to turn off the other cores).
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG