The online racing simulator
Quote from BlackEye :
And what is this? Is it mod tools? It can't be, you said in the beginning of the same sentence something else. Make up your mind.

Fixd my sentence to
info what tools they use,

my English sometimes (Well most of the time) is a frivolous woman
Anyway main point was that they dont need to write anything specifically for community.
If they would make available what they use it wouldn't be a waste of time by making it specifically for community since they already have it themselves, or at least make it easier for moders to mod LFS by making necessary info available.
Also i dont think devs use some tools they made themselves which are necessary for moding do they?
I just thought they use already existing tools 3D graphic editors etc.
Quote from BlackEye :because if some dude decide he can't be arsed to update I've lost my fav car/track to play on.

Cant be helped

Truth told i am a pretty enthusiastic when it comes to topic of moding lfs because with this physics i'm pretty sure you can attach wheels to a kettle and it will roll like a pro and will be pleasant to drive
-
(aroX123) DELETED by aroX123
Quote from Be2K :u made my day !

i've got the most epic WTF momment

Meh, i was bored, thought i'd make something up :P
Quote from BlackEye :That would be sweet.
But devs need to stay way way clear of any mods unless they want their ass sued.

Well, depends...
As said, if it's open-community, and people make some tracks/cars.. just 'approve' ones that would not have any legal issues.
Quote from Nick7 :Well, depends...
As said, if it's open-community, and people make some tracks/cars.. just 'approve' ones that would not have any legal issues.

And that, IMO, is a huge flaw

Example, Indycar/FIA shut down IRL/F1 mods/parent games due to copyright. And car manufacturers get iffy about not being licensed.

Plus the fact people usually make crappy mods
@Chupacabras84
Yeah, they (I mean Eric) probably use some commercial 3D program to model, but I guess Scawen made him some app to import stuff into LFS.
At least that's how my brother worked with his artist and sometimes I see alot of similarity between them.
Now I am a witch, guessing shit and all that.

:wizard:

P.S. I imagine LFS modding similar to that, way to optimistic.
Clap on some body, wheels, choose RWD/FWD/etc., press cook and presto, Nissan Silvia S15 ready to roll.
Pretty much Tweak, but with added features.

Edit: Nick, as long as it isn't official (so, no "Approve stamp" by devs), they probably won't sue because you (mod creator) won't profit from it.
If anyone has influence in that and they make profit from it, sharks gonna bite pretty soon.
They could probably sue modders too, but it's too much hassle for no profit so they let it slide. (this is a guess also, I'm not that much into law)
Quote from BlackEye :
Edit: Nick, as long as it isn't official (so, no "Approve stamp" by devs), they probably won't sue because you (mod creator) won't profit from it.
If anyone has influence in that and they make profit from it, sharks gonna bite pretty soon.
They could probably sue modders too, but it's too much hassle for no profit so they let it slide. (this is a guess also, I'm not that much into law)

NOT true.

NR2003 example, an IZOD Indycar mod was being worked on, got stopped due to a model problem

A1GP told modders to stop their work
Quote from aroX123 :snip

Nicely done.

It may seem irrational, but I choose early 2009.

Like everyone here I'm not happy with speed work on the development of LFS, but I say NOT for third-party modification.

If I would consider otherwise, I would choose a different simulator.
Quote from adamshl :Nicely done.

It may seem irrational, but I choose early 2009.

Like everyone here I'm not happy with speed work on the development of LFS, but I say NOT for third-party modification.

If I would consider otherwise, I would choose a different simulator.

I have tried third-party mods, and they are horrible.
Quote from rockclan :

I have tried third-party mods, and they are horrible.

The website where they are hosted is full of spam even.

Mods, Ban this fellow. Discussion of unauthorized mods of LFS.. ban him so hard, it'll hurt the next morning!

wth is everyone talking about alpha..... lfs isn´t alpha anymore
Quote from John5200 :wth is everyone talking about alpha..... lfs isn´t alpha anymore

Last time I checked it was

Edit: Ha! Dawedust you hamrider (no need to explain that word), your too slow!
Actually it is. Technically the version is 0.5Z28 Alpha... 0.6 will be Beta stage (likely)
It's been a while since there is no news... I hope so much a test patch will be released soon...
Quote from alexcand :It's been a while since there is no news... I hope so much a test patch will be released soon...

I think the most of us hope the same. And maybe, if you keep hoping, and don't lose fait, this moment comes closer.
Prayers will help, maybe asking god to deliver a test patch to Scawen on your birthday is the way to go.
LAWWWWWLLL

i felt of my chair !! xD
Quote from rockclan :I think the most of us hope the same. And maybe, if you keep hoping, and don't lose fait, this moment comes closer.

Every day, we're one day closer to it's release...
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG