The online racing simulator
Insect bites, anyone with expertise on this??
(38 posts, started )
Insect bites, anyone with expertise on this??
Before anyone says, yes, i have googled first, but nothing i can find answers my questions properly.

Basically, i got bit by a gnat or mosquitoe at some point on sunday, once on my arm and once on my hand, and i have quite some reaction to it, which i have never happened before.

My finger has swollen up to nearly twice its normal size and i cannot bend my middle finger as the bite is right on my knuckle, and the rest of the back of my hand is swollen and very itchy, and is also red all the way upto my wrist.

The other one, which is at the top of my arm is slightly less annoying as it isnt on a bendy bit of me, but this one is reacted even worse, the bite itself, and about 1 inch all the way around it is bright angry red/purple colour and kinda blotchy and swollen, but painful to touch as well, thats the kind of epicentre of it, about four inches all the way around the outside of that part is also a lighter red and very itchy too, although its not that easy to see due to terrible light balance on my phones camera, for those that do look, the redness goes down to about half way thru the tattoo on the arm bite.

As mentioned, i have added pics but not put them in tags as it doesnt look that pleasant, so click if you wish and please tell me, does this look normal for a trivial mozzy bite??

http://i880.photobucket.com/al ... clarkey1984/handbite1.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/al ... clarkey1984/handbite2.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/al ... /clarkey1984/armbite1.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/al ... /clarkey1984/armbite2.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/al ... /clarkey1984/armbite3.jpg

Many thanks in advance, and no, this isnt a joke thread.
well, for a simple mosquite bite the arm one covers quite a large area. the fact that you never ever reacted kind of allergic to such things before suggests that this may be something different actually.
if problems persist - go see a doctor.
#3 - J@tko
Looks like an allergic reaction maybe - have you had anything like it before?

EDIT: And are you allergic to anything else?
Well i have always had hay fever, but thats about all.

It was definately a mozzy that did it tho, sneaky little b@stard was buzzing around being all proud of himself that he had 2 bites out of me, until one of my trainers squished him against the wall, the wall took some cleaning, as you can imagine.

[OT]

I see you have my future wife in your avatar j@tko, cher lloyd <3

[/OT]

I had the same problem the other month when I went fishing, got bit to f*** all over my arms, legs and back and couldn't stop itching for a week, looked like the size of tennis balls lol.... they should go after 7-10 days, if not, seek a doc like bio said.
Well yeah.... Not to sound like a smartass, but I would suggest seeing your GP.

You never know what it could be. Better be on the safe side.
#7 - Bean0
You've been sandwiching with dirty girls haven't you
#8 - J@tko
I think you still being alive/not being in hostpital means it's not too serious - as they've said if it doesn't go down then a visit to the doctor is in order.
#9 - amp88
Quote from Bean0 :You've been sandwiching with dirty girls haven't you

Well, the problem started with a little prick
Quote from J@tko :I think you still being alive/not being in hostpital means it's not too serious - as they've said if it doesn't go down then a visit to the doctor is in order.

Sorry but thats rubbish.

Just is.

Waiting may prove for the worst. If you are unsure, visit the doctor.

I mean yeah, its just a bite. Nothing serious. (Probably). But it wont hurt just to get checked and stay on the safe side.

Had he experienced this before and know it would just go away then yeah, but now... Well, just how I see it.
Quote from DevilDare :Sorry but thats bollocks.

Just is.

Waiting may prove for the worst. If you are unsure, visit the doctor.

It's been 2 days - if there's anything dodgy from the mozzy then it'll have got in the bloodstream and affected him within a few hours, which is what the swelling and itching is.

Obviously if he is worried then the doctor is the best thing.
Get yourself some of this. Works like magic.

Go to the pharmacist, show them the bite, and they'll give you something.
Quote from niall09 :Go to the pharmacist, show them the bite, and they'll give you something.

Im certain that won't help it tbh.
Quote from niall09 :Go to the pharmacist, show them the bite, and they'll give you something.

bite the pharmacist, grab meds, go to something
It amazes me how the UK population here on the forum bragged up and down about their government medical back in threads about the US health overhaul, yet so many of them feel it is better to get advice on the LFS forums rather than the wonderful medical system of the UK government...
Quote from mrodgers :It amazes me how the UK population here on the forum bragged up and down about their government medical back in threads about the US health overhaul, yet so many of them feel it is better to get advice on the LFS forums rather than the wonderful medical system of the UK government...

Now you see the difference is British men wouldn't dream of going to the doctor's unless there was something serious wrong - stuff like limbs hanging off really. We know best.
#18 - Jakg
Could just be an ordinary bite that got infected - I had something similar recently. Went to hospital, got given some antibiotics and it fixed itself.

I got a bite on my forehead above my eye, started of small, then suddenly started swelling. First noticed it on Sunday at work, by Monday it was like this, and got worse by Tuesday...

Forgive my facial expression - looking like the elephant man doesn't do wonders for your self-esteem.
Quote from Jakg :Could just be an ordinary bite that got infected - I had something similar recently. Went to hospital, got given some antibiotics and it fixed itself.

I got a bite on my forehead above my eye, started of small, then suddenly started swelling. First noticed it on Sunday at work, by Monday it was like this, and got worse by Tuesday...

Forgive my facial expression - looking like the elephant man doesn't do wonders for your self-esteem.

Eye, i see what your problem is.

Badum tsshh
#20 - CSF
Quote from amp88 :Well, the problem started with a little prick

Boooooooooooo hissssssssssssssssss booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Has insect sandwiched you? If that's the case, you might have some STD, sorry mate..
Or even worse, a STI!

On a more serious note: I'd get that checked. If it's an untreated infection, it could have quite sever consequences.
Someone I know got her index finger amputated because she didn't go to a doctor soon enough after a tiny scratch that got infected.
DOCTOR DOCTOR, tell me the bad news!
Quote from ColeusRattus :Or even worse, a STI!

AH PLEASE! That bitch will get four wheel drive and have e-brake like a MTHER****ER!

Just had to.. logitech, we will never forget.
Quote from danthebangerboy :first long post

same thing happend to me this summer...ive got bitten to a finger and my whole hand was suddenly twice its size with some redness...

might be some alergic reaction, even if youre not that kind of person, those things happend, it just come and go away and never come back...

all i did was wait and after few days it passed away, it looked terrible though

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG