The online racing simulator
Quote from JPeace : you may have also noticed the photographer who was immediatly there taking pictures of him. Don't know about you, but thats a recipe for someone to punch him in my books.

He has the wrong job then. He's obviously in the spotlight as an F1 driver so when a photographer is in that corner it's normal that he takes photos of one of the WDC contestants after he just DNFed.

If he really thought of "punching" him (which I doubt he did), he needs some anger management.

Quote from JPeace : If you havn't noticed as well, Hamilton isn't the only person who drives like that, and infact all of the top 5 in WDC drive like that.

I would exclude Button.
Quote from PhilS13 :Seen this ? Wow.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/0 ... r-as-tyre-holds-together/

The tyre made it through the 26 laps after the clash despite being ‘unseated’ from the rim. Webber felt a vibration and actually ended the race with a blister on his hand. The team’s telemetry did not show a loss of pressure, but there was an unusual indication that the volume of the air in the tyre had changed. The tyre finally lost its air as the car sat in parc ferme.

Ted Kravitz [the BBC pit dude] spotted that at the end of the race - amazing that it held up despite all the forces acting upon it for so long.
Quote from joshdifabio :The Alonso/Vettel start incident was identical to the start of the Hockenheim race by the way.

No, it wasn't. Vettel started moving right almost immediately (after a handful of metres) whereas Alonso was quite a long way down the track before he started moving left. In Hockenheim Vettel was at half track when the 6th/7th place car was crossing the S/F line whereas today it looked like the 10th/11th place car was crossing the S/F line before Alonso was at half track. The rate of movement across the track was higher in today's start versus Hockenheim. It would have been very interesting to see exactly what would have happened if Vettel kept his foot in today.
#129 - CSF
That luck will soon run out. Fernando is suddenly looking good, though not because he has been the best this season, through... luck.
Webber is too old to race if he can not react to rapid changes in the track. Too many mistakes too many troubles for others.
would it be bad for me to say i'm not surprised by alonso winning this race?
Quote from Seb66 :Why would he give him the room? It's Webbers job to slow his car down and make the corner. Hamilton did gave webber enough, but webber was just too shit on the brakes to be able to use it.. and instead of slowing down like he should have.. powered through it and twatted hamilton

When you are on the inside you can brake at 100meters for example but you will still be travelling faster at the apex after releasing the brakes, it was a racing incident, it doesn't take a genius to notice that Hamilton shut Webber out EXPECTING him to have backed off. As MB said on F1Forum "Lewis said he didn't see Webber, well where did he expect Webber to be exactly?"
Quote from J@tko :To be fair Webber couldn't have not been on the kerb no matter how fast he was going because he braked right on the inside :P

Screenie is from this video.

When I saw the replay I thought Lewis had just about given Mark enough room, but at the moment of the screenie that's debatable.

FYI incase you didn't see it on the TV, Lewis said he didn't see Mark as he was in his blind spot.

EDIT: But, Hamilton was ahead into the corner and Mark didn't have overlap on the inside, so technically he should have conceded it anyway.

The picture doesn't prove anything, as they turned in, they were wheel to wheel. Webber tried to slow down as much as he could, and from that picture you wouldn't see a car that was directly parallel anyway unless it was 4-5 foot from the side of Lewis sidepod.
oh, did you notice shuey's mega flexi wing? that must have given him like a gazillion degrees of extra downforce!

/rant
You complain when F1 drivers act like sterillised PR robots, you also complain when they show anything close to natrual emotion or fail sometimes like real humans do (e.g. throwing a steering wheel in a fit of pique). Do most of you even like racing or are you just along for the reality TV show apect of F1?
Pretty good race overall. The Webber-Hamilton incident was a racing incident and nothing more. Disappointing to see Kobayashi throw away a decent race, but oh well... it's not like it's the first time he's done that.

Since no one's really mentioned it, the best part for me was watching Kubica charge back up with fresh tires. That pass around the outside was epic.
Was a racing incident imo Hamilton drove the corner like no-one was there and so did Webber. BOOM!
Quote from Kandis :Webber is too old to race if he can not react to rapid changes in the track. Too many mistakes too many troubles for others.

WTF are you on about? The man is fighting for the WDC not a scone making contest.

If Webber just caved in then you could argue that he was too old , ffs he had two wheels on the curb where exactly would you like him to move to?

It's a simple case of two into one does not fit and Webber just lucked out to keep his car going and Hamilton did not. Blame lies squarely on both of them and i would be extremely surprised if either of them gave an inch ever.

Anyways the back markers are what really led to this dust up but the same thing apples they just cant up and dissapear out of the way.
Quote from richo :Troll feeding

Don't you see he's clearly trolling? it has been said, racing incident. nothing more.
Well in that case ....
Quote from el pibe :Don't you see he's clearly trolling? it has been said, racing incident. nothing more.

Yeah I just ignored it
racing incident, if hamilton hadn't gone for it everyone would have said he's not as much of a fighter as he's supposed to be, if webber hadn't resisted it people would have said he rolled over too easy. if hamilton had made it stick, he'd have been praised for a great pass, if webber had maanged to hold his line and not hit him but forced him wide over the kerb, where he'd loose traction, it would have been great defensive driving.

as it is they tried, they hit and half the world thinks they're either idiots or past it
did kovalainen know his car was on fire before he got out of it? i would have gotten out and ran way before that.
He did, which is why he turned out of the pitlane and tried to find a fire marshal away from the crowd of people in the garages.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :He did, which is why he turned out of the pitlane and tried to find a fire marshal away from the crowd of people in the garages.

Is that what he actually did? If so, fair-play too him
"Heikki, you're seriously on fire, like properly on fire"
Lotus marshmallows

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG