The online racing simulator
Can a G25/G27 be desk mounted? (EG: Suction cups?)
Hello.. Sorry for the noobish questions.. I just have not found ANYTHING to help me, I'm looking to get a G25/G27, However. The desk I am on would not take very very kindly to screws being put inside the desk. I was wondering, Can anyone show me pictures of how a G27/G25 "Screws" onto the desk, And is there any holes that are going to be left behind?

Thanks for any help.
Thanks, Would have been doomed without it, Plan to be getting it for Christmas so I had to know.
What's with your desk the? Isn't it that flat?

I like the clamps of the GT3 RS more, they're easier, quicker to use and they work quite alot better on my smooth desk, the G25 always would come loose, no matter how hard I clamped it.

http://www.simhq.com/_technolo ... s/technology_044a_003.jpg

And the wheel just looks sexy.
I never had any problem with Logitech fixations

Didn't try any Fanatec yet
I really don't say they suck or whatever, it is my opinion that the Fanatec ones are better, simple.
Don't make me slap a troll.

Thanks for the help, And it is flat thank you very much. :P I was worried about if it needed to literally be drilled into the desk. And in that case I'd be like. But yeah guys, Please don't drag my threads into the deep abyss of off topic.
Quote from TehPaws3D :Don't make me slap a troll.

Thanks for the help, And it is flat thank you very much. :P I was worried about if it needed to literally be drilled into the desk. And in that case I'd be like. But yeah guys, Please don't drag my threads into the deep abyss of off topic.

What is so off-topic about the little discussion? I think it's quite relative since it's about fastening a wheel to a desk.

Also, I don't really see how a wheel could be drilled in a desk, since most desks are quite thin, and it won't hold your wheel, and it's useless anyway.
Quote from Bose321 :What is so off-topic about the little discussion? I think it's quite relative since it's about fastening a wheel to a desk.

Also, I don't really see how a wheel could be drilled in a desk, since most desks are quite thin, and it won't hold your wheel, and it's useless anyway.

I don't know, I hear everyone saying screwed and bolted into your desk, So i was abit confused as to how a steering wheel would be screwed/bolted.

Now that I know.. G25 is mine!
One thing I would do to prevent the wheel from slipping off would be to put a piece of rubber under each clamp (I used high friction silicone tape, which allows me to pull the whole desk while holding the wheel, rubber should add similar friction) The G25 has holes on the shifter, wheel and pedals for bolting onto a desk or playseat. I have my shifter bolted to a custom-built wooden support I have screwed into my desk.
I used a bandage to keep it from slipping, lol. Worked fine though.
my g25 wheel doesn't slip, and i've had it connected to tables of varying thickness, and the playseat kit.

the pedals on the other hand... when i used them on a carpet, they used to slide around so bad that i had to nail the carpet to the floor, and even that didn't stop them from sliding around when i slammed on the brakes. now that i have them physically bolted to the playseat, they don't move an inch.
the wheel has 2 clamps as shown. these are extremely sufficient. i dont know what bose is talking about. i have never ever had a problem. i oculd have a bomb go off before my wheel moves. along with the clamps, there is the space for wire management, and i believe 4 permanent mounting screw holes.

for the shifter, there is the 2 clamps, and then a third screw thing, to hold the back in place. this is usually glued in place, but i have had it move one time or two. (i also have a VERY strange mounting place for it.) this has i believe 4 mounting screw holes, for permanent attachment.

the pedals are meant for either carpet or floor. it has sticky rubber for the floor, which generally works alright..not great. then you can drop down some spike things that grip the fibers of the carpet, and if your carpet doesnt move, your pedals probably wont. these also have a bunch of permanent mounting screw holes.
Interesting.. I'll have to look up the bottom of the foot pedals to see what type of rubber.. don't want the gas slipping away from me

And how much wear and tear can these things take before something goes wrong.. Like is there a "Life expectancy" Until something normally goes wrong?
well...the wheel has never had problems with me, and i just use it generally..not too agressively.

the shifter, i took apart, and had to replace the spring with some random spring. so my opinion doesnt count. (it still works good though :shrug

and pedals have needed cleaning because they were spiking, but they are in the dustiest place in my house, where my dog goes, and im looking at clumps of dust, and hair.

so i would say it is a solid purchase, and if you have to pick, get the g27

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG