The online racing simulator
ALTERNATE 24 Hours of Aston GP
(251 posts, started )
Quote from [FAR]D1ggA :If you are able to read, do it.

Every Disc. or shift-P will result a one lap panalty. It's clear in the rules! If you drop out in 3rd Split we will give back that lap, cause you would have 2 laps panalty then...

none of our sponsors tols us to win that event or something... and our team of course don't get that prices... pff

Well exactly THAT comming from you is the lowest possible statement ever.

'' We will look at every time-out, if they are unintentional we give the lap back ''

So basically
It's funny how the admins just want to get the victory When we unlapped ourselves from their car the admins gave us warning even though we were faster than them, they even asked in TS for us to let them pass again (still we were faster)..
Quote from [FAR]D1ggA :If you are able to read, do it.

Every Disc. or shift-P will result a one lap panalty. It's clear in the rules! If you drop out in 3rd Split we will give back that lap, cause you would have 2 laps panalty then...

none of our sponsors tols us to win that event or something... and our team of course don't get that prices... pff

Lol admins, that make's u guys go even lower, first telling that every disco on accident gets the lap back and now get back to the old rules? thats worth a pfff not us telling u guys exactly what u did wrong.
Quote :

Und so zeichnete sich bereits frühzeitig ab, dass das Werksteam von Team ALTERNATE mit der Startnummer 87 durch konstante Fahrweise den 1. Platz beim 24 Stunden Rennen sichern würde, nachdem das Team Sirius, sowie ineX Racing mit technischen Schwierigkeiten und Problemen an ihren Fahrzeugen zu kämpfen hatten.

To say some more, if you make a race report, tell the truth and tell that we had a disco and that ineX and sirius both were faster then u guys.

Dont tell blabla about problems with our car and that u guys decided the race early on with ur consistent race pace...
Have to agree too. We had a disconnect on the uphill section before S/F (propably the best proof of not beeing intentional, we lost 2 minutes yeah), but then aswell our lap hasn't been deleted too. Well i already thought inex has won but somehow after the whole -1lap story has been forgotten it just turned otherwise?!

Anyway rudy, shut up about germans beeing like this, you dutch people are useless too, in every way.
'' We will look at every time-out, if they are unintentional we give the lap back ''

who said that?

Scipy asked me, what about the panalty, cause they dropped out in last chicane... s9 I said in last sector there will be no more panalty I never said, that we change the whole rules. I was always available to ask me about that, but nebody did.
Quote from baSh0r :
Anyway rudy, shut up about germans beeing like this, you dutch people are useless too, in every way.

ill put u on the one of the good germans list ok? xoxo
Mich auch bitte
Quote from [FAR]D1ggA :'' We will look at every time-out, if they are unintentional we give the lap back ''

who said that?

Scipy asked me, what about the panalty, cause they dropped out in last chicane... s9 I said in last sector there will be no more panalty I never said, that we change the whole rules. I was always available to ask me about that, but nebody did.

Look at my first post on this page.

You said it yourself that you would check it.
Thus i would believe myself that you would have brains enough to know what a intentional and unintentional time out would be.
BUT apparantly not.
Have fun.
Could one of the admins/tracker people please post the sql data used in the tracker, thanks
the tracker was hosted by Burnoutcrew, so we have no data
that proffesional.
Quote from [FAR]D1ggA :the tracker was hosted by Burnoutcrew, so we have no data

"Hi Burnoutcrew could you pls get the data? thx"
Well this is great reference for when Alternate protests someone in future leagues. We can just say "Its not in the rules" or "It wasn't in the final sector so who cares".

Quote :
"How can we look good for our sponsors?
Hmmm, we could host a race?
Yeah, but what if we don't win?
Well then we just make sure of that ahead of time don't we?
What do you mean?
Well we have a German server, and we are German.
So?
Well that means other teams that are faster than us will soon timeout.
Yeah, but if they are faster than us then they will just catch back up after the timeout.
Oh, well then we can just "fix" that.
How?
Well we could set the rules in our favor.
How do you plan on doing that?
Easy, each timeout gets a +1 lap penalty.
But what if we timeout?
What are you stupid? WE LIVE IN GERMANY!
Oh yeah, I forgot, thats a smart idea.
Yeah, sponsors need to see us win a race since we can't do it on our own.
Yeah, sucks we are the last decent German team left and we change names every 6 months.
True, but we will win this time.
What if they don't timeout in our race?
Well we make it 24hours, they will timeout sooner or later.
Ahhh, another great idea."

*Start of race*
"Wow, we are getting owned right now in our own race.
Don't worry, patience is a virtue.
*Sirius times out*
YES!!! See, I told you.
Yeah, but what about the other.
Just wait for it.
*ineX times out*
Patience my son, now lets just run 101% of their times and we can win.
Yeah, no way ineX can win now from 4min50sec back.
Sirius is catching however, they are so much faster than us!
They will timeout soon again though, don't worry.
Yeah but on the forum we said we will take the penalty laps away.
Only if it is not suspicious.
Well I'm sure they didn't do that on purpose...
Doesn't matter if they did or not, we determine what is suspicious.
Very sly of you.
Yeah, we can't look bad in front of our sponsors, so we need to help ourselves a bit.
Haha I know, it would suck to tell our sponsors how we were just outpaced.
Exactly, now we can just say we had great consistency and they had technical problems.
Great plan."

Do I even need to continue?
Quote from Rudy van Buren :ill put u on the one of the good germans list ok? xoxo

I lov you but i want to have hotlap babies with dennis first.
Quote from baSh0r :I lov you and dennis. we want to have hotlap babies please.

go for it son.

What phil said above, seems realistic.
Make 100% declared rules before any race but do not leave it for the admins to decide under/after any race. Same mess might happen again, looking the upcoming 16 hours race.
A new low point for inex? You guys knew the rules so suck it up or don't take part at all, can't believe what I'm reading here.

This (german) community tries to organize a nice race, even bothers to get some prices for people to win and looks into disconnects even though it was clearly stated in the rules what happens beforehand and you still complain? (I wouldn't even call that complaining any more, this whole "discussion" is well below any form of good manners)
Quote from troy :A new low point for inex? You guys knew the rules so suck it up or don't take part at all, can't believe what I'm reading here.

This (german) community tries to organize a nice race, even bothers to get some prices for people to win and looks into disconnects even though it was clearly stated in the rules what happens beforehand and you still complain? (I wouldn't even call that complaining any more, this whole "discussion" is well below any form of good manners)

Good manners? A new low?

I thought good manners was to go by your own word. So if I were to say during the race "All disconnects will be investigated after the race and teams that had non-suspicious disconnects will have their penalty laps taken away". That is an admin changing the rules midrace. The 1 lap penalty rule at the start is now thrown out of the window and this new rule over rides it.

Good manners would be admins going by their word, which they did not do.

A new low would be the team that organized the race, changed the rules during race, and then did not follow their own rules after race had finished.

This was supposed to be some professional league race, not some "work around".

If you want to read something and be "shocked" about it, then go search up the word "honesty", because you must not know what that is.
Well I guess you forgot about your post full of accusations and sarcasm on the top of this page already again (plus some more from other people on the previous page), and yes I think that was low... I can't speak for the organizing team but for me it is pretty clear that everybody had a chance to check the rules before any signups or the race even started. When a vocal minority complained about their disconnects they decided to be nice and have a look at those disconnects, I never saw the admin state anything else then removing those who happened in the last sector, which was also mentioned in the 24h TS on raceday already.

Organize your own 24h race if you think you do a better job, they mentioned it a few times already. it was their first and you can't expect everything to run flawless. All that bitterness won't help anybody and just sheds a bad light onto the people involved.
Quote from troy :You guys knew the rules so suck it up or don't take part at all, can't believe what I'm reading here.

Quote from [FAR]D1ggA :Disconnects will be investigated after the race.
The tracker is putting the +1 lap on the tracker automatically for disco.
They may be removed after the race. That means no +1 lap penalty for disconnect so far... So, wait for the results after the 24H. We arent inhumane. So just keep cool

During race.

Quote from [FAR]D1ggA :IMPORTANT!!!!

When you want your 1 lap panalty to be deleted, just write a protest to 24h@team-alternate.de, with the detailed time/lap. so we check this.

Send the protest till Friday 24th September. If there are no protest the result in the tracker will stay like it is.

After race.

I myself wasn't aware of "last sector only" mainly because I wasn't following the whole race, I was only there for half of it, but I never heard that announcement. When I read those two quotes however I see that they changed the rules and +1 penalty laps that are not on purpose will be deleted.

We lost 4 minutes and 50 seconds after that timeout without the penalty lap. With the penalty lap it is about 7 minutes and 40 seconds. To quote another admin:

Quote from schw4rz :We do not want to "double"-punsih. The not completed Lap is penalty enough. The additional Lap added by our Tracker, will in contrast be removed.

If I am reading this correctly teams that have lost a lap due to disconnect, should have that penalty lap taken away, because it would be ruled "double punished".

We lost nearly 2 laps without the penalty lap added, so to have it added we were nearly 3 laps behind due to disconnect and the +1 penalty. Seems rather "double punished" IMO.

ALTERNATE 24 Hours of Aston GP
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG