The online racing simulator
Ferrari cheats at monaco?
(232 posts, started )
Dont get me wrong there. Its not my opinion, I just quoted it from Willi Weber, because its such a ridiculous statement.
I am amazed that such a practice was in place actually. Where one driver stalls (or whatever) and his remaining on the track is sufficient for other drivers to be prevented from a clear opportunity of improving on his time.
It doesn't seem as if the organizers have thought through such a scenario and the obvious implications for following drivers.
It seems commonsense to me for all following drivers to be allowed a clear track.
Quote from peejayh :I am amazed that such a practice was in place actually. Where one driver stalls (or whatever) and his remaining on the track is sufficient for other drivers to be prevented from a clear opportunity of improving on his time.
It doesn't seem as if the organizers have thought through such a scenario and the obvious implications for following drivers.
It seems commonsense to me for all following drivers to be allowed a clear track.

There was less than a minute left in the session, there was no point in the FIA stopping the session as that would have hampered a lot of drivers even more. I don't think the FIA excpect a driver to deliberately block the track.

Keiran
i saw the vid on youtube...

lame.
It wasn't on purpose at all it turns out. Here is the real reason (taken form itv-f1.com

The real reason behind Michael Schumacher’s apparent moment of madness in qualifying at Monaco has been explained.

According to a source close to the driver it was indeed an accident, but not one that the FIA’s software expert was likely to pick up.
The source told us today that: “Michael had been running well, up until the corner at Rascasse when he was momentarily distracted, causing him to miss his braking point and slide off towards the barrier.�

Distraction is not normally something that would trouble the seven times world champion, but on this occasion it was Schuey’s supreme peripheral vision that caught him out.
Just as the Ferrari driver turned into the corner he noticed on his left that the Red Bull base, H.M.S Energy Station 2, had slipped its moorings and was heading, replete with important guests, straight towards Flavio Briatore’s yacht.

As if that were not enough, on his right hand side, in the Rascasse café he spotted ex-team mate, Eddie Irvine and former Baywatch babe, Pamela Anderson sharing a banana daiquiri.
Our source added: "All of this was a bit too much, and caused Michael’s semi-accident. Sadly the FIA refused to believe this somewhat bizarre chain of events and docked all of his qualifying times."
Quote from Daveebee :What frustrates me is that the sports governing body,the FIA seems to let him get away with little or no punishment so often. Max Mosley said he would not say that Schumacher was 'cheating' but still relegated him to the back of the grid.If MSC was not cheating, why was he relegated and if he did cheat he should have been disqualified from the race.

Well look at it from a money making perspective if they admit schumacher is a cheat or um heavy on 'gamesmanship' and rightly throw him out how much will this cost his team in lost earnings sonsorship etc and how much less will the officials etc involved get in their swiss bank accounts oops

the big picture is fans come to the track to ( wrongly worship) schumacher and his team, no schumacher or team 10,000? less paying groupies (fans) and thats a lot of money lost. taking into account merchandise etc as well as all the money his team pours into the F1 arena
ShannonN
This is the wonder of slow motion replays, they make everyone an expert. Now I am still batting for the Schumi done it on purpose team, but I take a very different approach to a lot of people on making that decision.

I am a Damon Hill fan, so of course I would jump on the Schumi is evil lets call him a cheater bandwagon. However I read the only meaningful interview I think he has ever done, and it changed my opinion about him. He said he never cared about statistics or records, and only knows them when he is told. He drives for the feeling of winning, the impression you get is that he is addicted to it. I was actually supporting him this season, not groaning 'oh no schumi won again'

I think it was deliberate, but not in a cold calculated way, it was out of frustration and as if his brain had no control over it. We have seen it before, it is a well known part of his personality which I think he hates. Ever since F3000 he has done crazy things which are well known to many respected racing drivers.

In conclusion I think it was a deliberate act born out of frustration and his addiction to the feeling he gets when he wins, that he had no mental control over.

EDIT: and that video, the sadest part of it is that Barchello did not give schumi the finger as he let him past.

Ferrari cheats at monaco?
(232 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG