The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
Yea, I followed a car for a whole lap of Spa, right on its gearbox for 3 laps, and each lap the car I followed (Senna) was 3 seconds faster than me... so I should have been 9 seconds down, but in reality, I was right there.

I am, hoping that this just turns out to be a timing bug, but I don't know.
I love how if you enter the pits with a pack of cars, your lollipop man insists on letting EVERYONE by before you can go. Easy way to lose 6-8 hard earned positions if you don't change pit strategies.
Your all being far to hard on it.
They never said it was going to be "Perfect" its a good first effort and probably a great line of things to come.
But clearly you all expect things to be perfect first time every time clearly the whole learning process is redundant on the lot of you who think the game should of been perfect straight off the bat.
Quote from AstroBoy :Your all being far to hard on it.
They never said it was going to be "Perfect" its a good first effort and probably a great line of things to come.
But clearly you all expect things to be perfect first time every time clearly the whole learning process is redundant on the lot of you who think the game should of been perfect straight off the bat.

I haven't bought the game and certainly won't in the future but isn't this supposed to be the "official" F1 game?

I guess you could and should expect very good quality without too many mistakes then but maybe that's just me.
They never said it was going to be "Perfect" its a good first effort

Are you implying this is Codemaster's first racing game, and they've never done racing AI before?

What a load of crap. Codemasters have made countless racing games, one of the main fundamentals of a racing game is lap times. If these are being faked then it is appaling. To also make pit stops so terrible that you can go from first to last while the whole field pass you in the pits is also totally appaling. More so considering pit stops play such a crucial part in an F1 race.

No one has said it should be perfect, infact you'll see the people who have posted in the last few posts, were infact full of praise a few pages back for the games great experience on the whole. Anthony Davidson must of got paid plenty, lil ginger bastard.

Haha. I nearly laughed. Nearly got me.

No.

There is no excuse for fake AI. None.
Show me a game that actually has good AI?, AI is extremely difficult to program in racing games, hence there hasn't been a single instance where AI has performed well enough to give a realistic race.
We arent talking about AI being realistic! We are talking about them actually existing!

Its been confirmed already Qualy laptimes are indeed faked. So we can bet same applies to the race. That is just disgraceful.
Where has this been confirmed?, I am interested in reading it
The actual AI are good in the sense that they can race you. The fact they can't set times is completely stupid.
There you go.

Steve Hood (T4RG4) twitter...

I cant believe you are even defending them... Fake AI in a racing game is just appalling. Simple as.
Interesting, wonder what the reasoning is.
Quote from danowat :Interesting, wonder what the reasoning is.

probably ran out of time. Though from what he is saying it sounds like they are going to release a patch. Hopefully they can get rid of the issues
Wouldn't surprise me if it were time restraints but i mean the game is marketed toward the casual gamers not super hardcore sim nuts there's a certain amount of give and take that should be considered.

Btw i do enjoy my rants sometimes :P they are fair amusing true
So I just had a wet race in valencia...made my way through the field when slightly rubbed the wall. But apparently I crashed fully into it, loosing my front left wheel. Also, apparently, I've lived through 153.17G. By slightly rubbing the wall. Keep it up codemasters!
Quote from Luke.S :probably ran out of time. Though from what he is saying it sounds like they are going to release a patch. Hopefully they can get rid of the issues

I think they are forced to release a game every year as part of the license, that's why they did the crappy F1 2009 game for the Wii and spent a big longer working on this one. So far on the 360 I am only dissapointed at how rubbish the AI are. I managed to qualify 9th and finish 8th in a HRT on the hardest mode, despite a slow pitstop and a few half spins.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I think they are forced to release a game every year as part of the license, that's why they did the crappy F1 2009 game for the Wii and spent a big longer working on this one. So far on the 360 I am only dissapointed at how rubbish the AI are. I managed to qualify 9th and finish 8th in a HRT on the hardest mode, despite a slow pitstop and a few half spins.

that explains a lot then. The FIA are to blame. Codies tend to put out quite well done racing games and they seem to have been pushed here.
Thanks you guys from keeping me away of buying this very... erm... '' special '' game. I'll go with Dead Rising 2 instead.....
Despite all the flaws Dead Rising 2 is way, way worse than this. Trust me.
Quote from Highsider9 :Despite all the flaws Dead Rising 2 is way, way worse than this. Trust me.

It's not, DR2 is one of the best games of the year. If you remember to save the game and can ignore slightly long loading times then Dead Rising 2 is a blast, it's hilarious too.
Really? I enjoyed Dead Rising 1 but was pretty disappointed by the DR2 Demo.
Well it has loads more weapons and combinations than the demo, and it's in a different setting. There is more to do, and Chuck says some hilarious one liners, for example he kills one of the boss guys by dropping him onto a chainsaw and he says "I saw what you did there". Not to mention you get co-op story mode, and verses modes online.
Loved DR, and loved DR2:CZ, will buy DR2 at some point in the near future

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG