The online racing simulator
Bloody hell it's taking long :S
Quote from Byku :Bloody hell it's taking long :S

Girls and gays appreciate long things.
Another friday without a patch Would be nice to hear something from Scawen.
Quote from IlGuercio :
We are all waiting for a release otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum on a regular basis.

No, you are here because you are used to check/write to this forum. /you have nothing else to do.
Quote from Heikkiw :No, you are here because you are used to check/write to this forum. /you have nothing else to do.

Oh well, i should have something better to do right now but i'm still waiting for the university to restart.
You know, i like LFS and any step forward is not only welcome but makes me feel happy for the devs and community.
Thanx man for bringing some reason on this ultra long thread...Its really frustrating when most of the people here instead of suggesting things to be improved in lfs and ways of make those suggestions feasible in realistic ways they are mostly here to "defend lfs" from anybody daring to speak anything that on their mind destroys the idolized podium they have put lfs on...
A physics update no matter if it is even better then netkar's physics is not enough to bring new life in lfs or to even hold the current population.
Games like rfactor have come a long way since they were released with some greatly improved ff with real feel and some amazing tracks and cars to drive.The upcoming rfactor 2 details are nothing less than stunning if they become reality.And even the latest version of gtr evo/race on is great fun.Not as perfect on physics as lfs but there are so much more thing happening on those games.From incredible cockpits,great weather effects and really good ai for offline races.And a ton of great tracks and cars to download (basically some of the better ones for rfactor were converted for gtr evo/race on).About gtr 3 ?I can only imagine.And even the....don't laugh..infamous gt5...I know everybody will think meh....arcade s@%....Heheheh...
But seriously now i had a chance to play a couple of months back the time trial demo and it was much better than prologue as far as the main driving physics and feel go.And from the looks of it the final game coming in november will actually have some decent physics when all the aids are turned off and,some sweet weather effects and finally ai and damage implemented...
I even tried the current build of iracing at a friend and while i still believe its a money sucking scumm ,the truth is that it has evolved a lot the last 2 years.
And now back on lfs ...Where is lfs going ? Only 3 people can do only so much i know...But with some help a lot more could have been archived...There are so many things that lfs is lucking like ancient render system,dated graphics,absence of weather effects,not enough content....etc...
justasimfan
wake up finally
If they want some help, there already would be such a need on forum. It was suggested many times and I think, even Scawen said no to modders in near future. What brings us back as we are now (for last 2,5(?) years).

It's so sad, when developers say goodbye to their players and go to their work-shed and leave it just before some release.
Quote from justasimfan :Thanx man for bringing some reason on this ultra long thread...Its really frustrating when most of the people here instead of suggesting things to be improved in lfs and ways of make those suggestions feasible in realistic ways they are mostly here to "defend lfs" from anybody daring to speak anything that on their mind destroys the idolized podium they have put lfs on...
A physics update no matter if it is even better then netkar's physics is not enough to bring new life in lfs or to even hold the current population.
Games like rfactor have come a long way since they were released with some greatly improved ff with real feel and some amazing tracks and cars to drive.The upcoming rfactor 2 details are nothing less than stunning if they become reality.And even the latest version of gtr evo/race on is great fun.Not as perfect on physics as lfs but there are so much more thing happening on those games.From incredible cockpits,great weather effects and really good ai for offline races.And a ton of great tracks and cars to download (basically some of the better ones for rfactor were converted for gtr evo/race on).About gtr 3 ?I can only imagine.And even the....don't laugh..infamous gt5...I know everybody will think meh....arcade s@%....Heheheh...
But seriously now i had a chance to play a couple of months back the time trial demo and it was much better than prologue as far as the main driving physics and feel go.And from the looks of it the final game coming in november will actually have some decent physics when all the aids are turned off and,some sweet weather effects and finally ai and damage implemented...
I even tried the current build of iracing at a friend and while i still believe its a money sucking scumm ,the truth is that it has evolved a lot the last 2 years.
And now back on lfs ...Where is lfs going ? Only 3 people can do only so much i know...But with some help a lot more could have been archived...There are so many things that lfs is lucking like ancient render system,dated graphics,absence of weather effects,not enough content....etc...

For the last time, You are complaining so much, Yet the awnser is SO simple, really, It's crazy!

GO PLAY THE OTHER GAMES THEN
LFS is one in it's own, It's not competing for a grammy award, The development is slow, There isn't enough content, But seriously dude of you can make 63 posts about how LFS needs to get upgrades and you constantly talk about I racing and R factor then the simple soloution;

Go bend over for Iracings stupid gameplay or Rfactors trillions of mods.

Nuff said.
I like this expression 'nuff said', do the devs think they said enough ?
Why does the tyre physics developpement stops all the other developpements as the new interiors or new tracks etc.. which are as far as i know developped by Eric?
Quote from TehPaws3D :

Go bend over for Iracings stupid gameplay ]
Nuff said.

What is so stupid about iRacing's gameplay, out of curiosity?
I've watched quite a few videos of it, It just doesn't compare to LFS in many many ways (Dammage physics, No moving hands on wheel, Crash physics, Lag physics.. Game looks like crap in some instances)

However, Sometimes the laser scanned tracks do look good, It's quantity vs quality... I prefer quality.
Quote from Gills4life :What is so stupid about iRacing's gameplay, out of curiosity?

probably the huge cost of playing a game where it's extremely hard to find an online race, and when you do you don't own the content. I'd rather spend the money on a real car and small weekend driving events.
iRacing is good, but it isn't good enough for what they charge. The way it's setup now, i can't see anyone except the richest who can afford the best controller/simcockpit + cars doing anygood at it.
Quote from senn : The way it's setup now, i can't see anyone except the richest who can afford the best controller/simcockpit + cars doing anygood at it.

some said gregor huttu uses an logitech dfp when he's home so hardly the most expensive and i'm able to keep myself at 100% content just using the credits i get for renewal, pre ordering etc and the subs costs are no worse than what i pay for my son's world of warcraft or to put it another way less for a year than what some i work for spend on a saturday night out in a club.

anyway not sure what this has to do with the development of LFS, patch /S3 / new content will be out when scanwen feels it's ready, the devs could easily have just decided to work on LFS 2 and abandonded this and we'd still have a great game / sim for just £24.
Quote from TehPaws3D :I've watched quite a few videos of it

I stopped reading at that point knowing that you didn't have a clue.
Yeah I think I'll get my opinions on iRacing (aside from myself) via people who actually play the game and can drive at a decent pace without crashing every lap.
Wow, it has been so long since i posted in the LFS forums, just checking in to see if i have missed anything since i was last here, it would appear not

Played some of that new F1 game today on my xbox, got me thinking about the BF1 and my PC/Steering wheel setup.

Figured i would have something new to use in LFS after all this time :o
what's up?
sorry. I don't have enough time left to read all the forum....

There has been absolutely nothing new on the website since February.... I was just wondering if LFS is dead or if there is gonna be something exciting soon?

Thanks.
dead
there is gonna be something exciting soon.
Quote from TehPaws3D :I've watched quite a few videos of it, It just doesn't compare to LFS in many many ways (Dammage physics, No moving hands on wheel, Crash physics, Lag physics.. Game looks like crap in some instances)

Hehheh....So i guess all your knowledge of other racing games outside lfs is based on youtube videos ,is it not ?

Quote from TehPaws3D :
However, Sometimes the laser scanned tracks do look good, It's quantity vs quality... I prefer quality.

As i said earlier i don't like iracing because its nothing more than a money sucking scumm.But the problem is not quality !! -but the lack of any quantity! There are many tracks but most are ovals or run of the mill usa tracks.There few interesting tracks through are incredibly modeled-yet the problem is you have to pay additional fees for every single track and car in addition to a monthly fee.

-And as i said earlier the latest build is improved a LOT compared to the initial version.FF is fantastic(depending of what car you drive ,the wheel can get really heavy at slow speeds or when you lock your brakes the wheel slighly pulls either side and a lot of detail like that makes it great).Tracks look great and some texture improvements like normal mapping and hd detail textures were added.As also better lighting.Through cars still do not have any visual damage ,mechanical damage is spot on as also collition physics that have been improved a lot.Even the tire model is improved a bit as well as netcode is really smooth with lag almost none existant.

So before judging other games at least play them...

I guess you and a lot of other people when talking about rfactor have not tried it with the real feel plugin and the latest AAA tracks and cars.All you have to do is go to rfactorcentral and choose the tracks and cars with the highest scores.
It's definitely not dead, the last update (mainly the VW Scirocco) just takes a lot longer than expected because the devs found some flaws in the physics while adding the VWS so they (or rather he, Scawen) basically had to do the whole physics from scratch which obviously takes some time.

Scawen's latest posts make me hopeful that there will be a Test Patch coming this year but nobody knows for sure when the exact date will be, probably not even the devs themselves.
Quote from justasimfan :Hehheh....So i guess all your knowledge of other racing games outside lfs is based on youtube videos ,is it not ?

Nope, I've played Rfactor and it sucked. Horridly.

Quote from justasimfan :

I guess you and a lot of other people when talking about rfactor have not tried it with the real feel plugin and the latest AAA tracks and cars.All you have to do is go to rfactorcentral and choose the tracks and cars with the highest scores.

So you expect people talking about LFS's progress and a scirocco all play Rfactor? Some of us just don't care about what games are better dude, Can you not understand this? Stop spewing all over these forums about what the devs can do to speed up progress/make stuff look better. My point is instead of spending about 15 minutes posting you could spend that time doing other things. I'm not trying to come off as a ass, But have you said anything in this forum other than car physics and LFS upgrades - Except the LFS Demo users. It's getting annoying.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG