The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
Got my PS3 copy through today, it's a good game and looks less blingy than GRID/DIRT2. The physics seem to make sense and they're not over-dramatic like in GRID - that understeer on entry and oversteer on exit has gone.

The penalties are over sensitive but the quality of racing is up to Codies' usual standard and the Flashback is a lifesaver.

Didn't try with the DFGT because, well, it's a fun Codies game not a sim.
btw does anyone agree they seem to have ditched shiney graphics partially. They look real rather than uber 1337 shiney. Although I get some black specks for a split second like on a cinema movie.
Just had a weird bug which wouldn't let me start the Second Training Session at Melbourne. Everytime i wanted to leave the Pits the Screen turned Red and the was a Message saying the Car has been totalled. Weird.

Other than that i'm quite enjoying the game. I'm glad i went for the PC Version instead of the 360. The Settings Tristan Posted work pretty well for the G25.

I also quite like the Graphics Style, not to flashy but pretty real looking.
Horrible bug...

I was running 10th at Malaysia, head to my first pit stop, Sutil overtook me, fair enough, I had trouble finding the pit entrance. So speed limiter on, and the other AI cars start piling into the pits behind me, but they turn into Ghosts and go through me, faster!

I'm still at the stop, and all the AI cars leave the pits quicker, way before me!!!!

Ended up 19th in race because of that!
My objective was to place 18th or higher... Virgin management not too happy....
Been playing this since Tuesday, used a VPN to unlock then put steam into offline mode, worked a treat. GFWL has been fine aswell after updating it manually, everything has been working perfectly.

So far, i like the game, Saturation at 100% and linearity 50% gives nearly linear steering with G25 set to 400 degrees, feels pretty good, obviously not sim like, but its good to drive.

The pit stop bug is pretty annoying, hopefully they'll bring out a patch shortly, however pitting a lap earlier or later and running longer races and its barely an issue. The AI is also far too easy, on the hardest setting (custom difficulty with AI set to 'Legend' and no aids) i've been challenging for race wins in a Lotus, so in a couple of seasons in a faster car its going to be too easy. Hopefully somebody will be able to mod it though and make it a bit harder.

Also, on the PC version change the audio settings to 'Software', helps ten-fold, the raptor pish is really laggy.
Ok guys, finally installed this, need a good overview of settings, anything more gleaned than Tristans post?
Quote from jasonmatthews :Ok guys, finally installed this, need a good overview of settings, anything more gleaned than Tristans post?

This is what i don't get about steam, i preloaded the game around 2 weeks ago (or when preload was made available) to play the game when the unlock timer runs out, but instead people who have brought the game after 12pm UK time today have there's already unlocked and ready to play, just takes the piss.
Played it for an hour tonight. So disappointed atm.

@ rc10racer - I bought it from game.co.uk for £25, got the code at midnight, took 3 hours to download, then 20 odd minutes to decrompress and install. Then spent a good hour trying it in various modes, graphics settings.

Cockpit view - crap atm, controller lag seems much worse in this mode
Headcam view - Much better, but I still seem to only get 20'ish fps, no matter what graphics I select. I have 2 nvidia gtx260's in sli mode, running at 1360x768 and no matter what I try I am getting this.....

Will try some more tomorrow, but not impressed so far...

I REALLY wanted to like this
I don't really understand all the dislikes.

Myself I'm in love with this game have everything on ultra, and nowhere to be found lag.

Game is pretty fun at Hard and Expert mode.

Also carreer is very nice.
Quote from CoolColJ :Horrible bug...

I was running 10th at Malaysia, head to my first pit stop, Sutil overtook me, fair enough, I had trouble finding the pit entrance. So speed limiter on, and the other AI cars start piling into the pits behind me, but they turn into Ghosts and go through me, faster!

I'm still at the stop, and all the AI cars leave the pits quicker, way before me!!!!

Ended up 19th in race because of that!
My objective was to place 18th or higher... Virgin management not too happy....

You still need to control the trottle and brake in the pits my friend.
Anyone else struggle to see the brake markers?, seem overly small to me.
strangley I aren't having problems on mine (touch wood) must depend on the system. I think codies have done an awsome job.
This was posted over at the codies forum and should help anyone having trouble with frame skipping or stuttering.

http://community.codemasters.c ... s-game-3.html#post6514880

Although I am not having either of those some people said they were getting boosted fps with this fix. I haven't tried this yet and will check my game at midday, to let others know.

Quote :Windows 7:

1. Delete original replay folder (and file) by exploring to ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne\DataCache\yourc omputersname\

2. Open Command Prompt with admin privileges (search 'cmd' and right click on cmd.exe and select 'Run as Adminsitrator')

3. Use mklink to create the symbolic link. This is what I typed, but you must edit this with your own file directories:

mklink /D C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne\DataCache\yo urcomputersname\ H:\Games\F12010\replay

4. When launching the game, the 2GB replay.pbf file will be written to the file location you have specified. If you write this file to another hard drive, resources are freed up for your OS and game performance should increase.

Any performance increases this has given me are within the margins of error.

Quote from adamlfs :This was posted over at the codies forum and should help anyone having trouble with frame skipping or stuttering.

http://community.codemasters.c ... s-game-3.html#post6514880

Although I am not having either of those some people said they were getting boosted fps with this fix. I haven't tried this yet and will check my game at midday, to let others know.

Yea, I saw this on there yesterday. I was having terrible stuttering at one point caused by the writing of the replay file. Did this and haven't had any problem since
Ok fixed my problems. I had to take out my 2nd graphics card as sli made it slower

Much better now though
Quote from jasonmatthews :Ok fixed my problems. I had to take out my 2nd graphics card as sli made it slower

Much better now though

You know that you can go into Nvidia control panel and make a specific graphic option for F1 2010 and disable SLI without having to remove the card?

I also did that and my FPS was better running off one card

Anyway I think the game is much better than I expected, enjoying it so far,

Also if anyone wants a better cockpit view here's a mod
Quote from rockclan :You still need to control the trottle and brake in the pits my friend.

Sure, but I was at the speed limit, and the AI cars drove through me like I wasn't there
Guys I didn't go through all the pages, so excuse me if it has been already mentioned, but here you can find the list with ALL proposed fixes by Codemasters, regarding the problems reported so far.

In that article it is also mentioned that Codemasters are already working on a patch

PS. Greeks readers should also have a look here.
Played my first practice session on the 360, in the HRT, 7 year season on the hardest settings. My best time put me up around 13th or 14th in the session, but I did get a 5 place penalty for some reason, I'm assuming I caused too many incidents because I did spin quite a lot. So far I think the competition is a bit easy, but the cars are challenging and fun to drive.
Seems nice enough to me. Although Luck was not with me today.

Anyways, is the new Section in Bahrain really that bumpy? Seemed a BIT unrealistic there.
Quote from Stefani24 :Seems nice enough to me. Although Luck was not with me today.

Anyways, is the new Section in Bahrain really that bumpy? Seemed a BIT unrealistic there.

I love the new Bahrain loop on this game if I'm honest. I'm a slow corner lover... :doh:
my hands hurt

Just finished malaysia with a Virgin (no idea why i chose 7 seasons instead of 5) ...

Q1 Dry - 10th, Q2 Drizzle (went with options) - 10th, Q3 - torrential rain, 2nd, 0,3 off Button after his last second attempt >_<

Race was intenssssssse. Dry race, Went on with primes instead of options, blocked like mad, managed to even have a spin due to one downshift too many, went to pits on lap 8 from 5th i think, switched to option, and started banging quali times
Finished in 4th \o/
timewise, i wouldnt have made it to 3rd, even without the spin, was 17s off Massa

This is bloody addictive. i can already see this devouring my life.
Damn awesome game! Ran like crap on my radeon hd 5300 series so....... geforce gts250 + 650 watt power supply and £200 quid later LMFAO I LOVE IT.... Fek the lfs patch lol this will keep me busy
I'm playing on a laptop @ 1280x800 with medium details + g25... well playable \o/

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG