The online racing simulator
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Kubica just needs the car underneath him and the team behind him, then he will wipe the floor with the likes of Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel. I would sell the entire grid 10 times over to get Kubica in my team, if Renault let him go they deserve to go the same way as BMW.

I think Petrov is making Kubica Better then what he is imo, but he is on or close to the Level of the top 5 drivers.
Quote from Mustafur :It's pretty obvious its Hamilton, Thus far.

To me it's obvious that it's Kubica.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Blah blah blah blah.

If you don't like it, move somewhere else. I hear Cuba is nice this time of year, especially Guantanimo Bay.. lovely beaches they have there.

It's also not a mandatory tax if you don't own a TV. Hence it is a TV licence, just as you have a Drivers licence, a Pilots licence or a firearms licence. It gives you permission to have possession or use a certain device. If you don't have one, you don't need a licence for it. Your head is just too far up your ass, that all you smell is shit. Then you just coat that shit with "BBC" wrapped around it to give it some context. You often do the same with Karting or Michael Schumacher.

Brilliant!
Quote from Senninha25 :too late, Kubica was confirmed for 2011 ages ago.

The Portuguese AutoSport is reporting that Renault is one of the major favourites for Singapore, saying that this is the track that suits the R30 the most and is a great opportunity for the french bees to get closer to Mercedes.

Does anyone think our Autosport is right or is it just a load of bollocks for you? Because as a Renault mark/fanboy, I'm really hoping that Renault wins this one. *crosses fingers*

...Even if it's very likely that Red Bull is going to take pole, I think Kubica can make it to the front row. But I like the chances of (torrential) rain getting in the mix

so which turn does petrov have to spin into the wall in?
Quote from Fuse5 :so which turn does petrov have to spin into the wall in?

depends on how Ferrari wants to cock up their pitstop.
Bernie's just that insane and doesn't know what he's got

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86878

Quote :
Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone plans to make a fresh push to introduce his gold medal system into the sport, after suggesting that the new points system introduced this year has not improved matters. Despite an ultra-tight championship battle between Red Bull Racing, Ferrari and McLaren, which has left five drivers in contention for the title with five races remaining, Ecclestone believes F1 would have been better off going for his 'winner-takes-all' concept.
Under Ecclestone's plans, the world championship would be awarded to the driver who scored the most victories in a season. If drivers were tied, it would then go on countback for second or third places.
If that system was in operation today, Mark Webber would be leading the title chase on four wins, ahead of Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton on three wins and Jenson Button and Sebastian Vettel on two.
Speaking at an announcement that German insurance company Allianz has extended its deal to be involved in F1, which will now include its logos being featured on the safety cars, Ecclestone said he was not impressed with the new points system used for the first time this year.
"If you look at the points system, it has made absolutely no difference," said Ecclestone. "If we had the old system it would be exactly the same position as now. Which is strange.
"Maybe they will wake up and think about my gold medal system now. Because Mark would have four gold medals now and two other guys with three, so the championship could go all the way to the wire."
When asked if he could see the medal system being accepted, he said: "Yes, for sure. They will see now what could happen, let's wait and see."
Speaking about this year's title battle, Ecclestone believes that the winner of this weekend's Singapore Grand Prix would take a big step forward in his title ambitions - although reckoned Red Bull Racing duo Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel were favourites.
"I think whoever wins here, is going to be in a better position," said Ecclestone.
"I honestly would not like to say who I think [will win]. Obviously Mark has got a good chance and I think Red Bull Racing are going to be very quick here, so I think you have got to say that certainly one of the Red Bull guys is the favourite at the moment."

Its the worst idea for a point system ever made.

And why does he keep trying to change proven systems that work, i think the current point system is perfect, as the winner gets a little more reward and it allows more midfield runners chances to score points.
Quote :"If we had the old system it would be exactly the same position as now. Which is strange.

WTF? How is that "strange"?
F1 has SOME sense

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86892

Quote :
Bernie Ecclestone has been urged to abandon his fresh push to introduce a 'winner-takes-all' system in Formula 1, with leading figures adamant the move would be wrong for the sport. Grand Prix racing's commercial supremo said in Singapore on Thursday that he believed the new-for-2010 points system had not worked - as it had failed to make the season any more exciting than it would have been under the old points structure.
Ecclestone reckons the situation would wake up the sport to the need to adopt his preferred medal system - whereby the world championship would be handed to the driver who takes the most wins over the season.
But Ecclestone's idea has not won support among the men involved in the current championship fight – which has already been billed in some quarters as one of the most exciting ever.
Former world champion Lewis Hamilton said: "I get on really well with Bernie, but I disagree with him personally. Everyone has got their own personal views, but I don't agree with the golden medal idea.
"At the end of the day we are pushing as hard as we can already to win the races. It doesn't matter if you give us a gold medal or you give us a trophy. We want to win more than anything. So even if you gave us a gold medal we would still be doing exactly what we are doing right now. It would not make any difference whatsoever.
"As far as having the most race wins winning the world championship – I don't think that is a true reflection of someone's performance. For example, if Red Bull had not failed their car so many times this year, they would have won the championship ages ago and we might as well have gone home.
"They had qualified on pole for 11 races and it would have been a blow over, and it wouldn't have been fun. And I don't think the fans would have enjoyed it. I am pretty sure that the majority of the fans will agree with what I am saying."
Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner, whose team has won six of the 14 races held so far this season, said: "The only thing I will say is that the points sometimes are deceptive with the gaps that are there – and as we have seen those points reduce very, very quickly.
"I don't think the points have contributed – because had it been under the old or current system then the same five drivers would be pretty much in the same position.
"There are merits to rewarding more to a winner, in the scenario we have now, but if you have a runaway leader like in the Ferrari days then there is a disadvantage. But, at the end of the day, it is the same for everybody, whether it is medals or points whatever they are."
World champion Jenson Button also reckons that the introduction of a medal system would have big implications for smaller teams on the grid.
When asked about Ecclestone's belief that the points system had not worked, Button joked: "Oh yeah, I don't think it's been an exciting season at all!
"Seriously, I think for the first three people it is exciting in the championship – when you are right at the front it could be really exciting. Last year I would have loved that and could have sat out the last few races and gone on a big holiday for three months, but this year it has been so close it has been a fantastic season. The points system has worked.
"The problem is also for the smaller teams. If it is a medal system then there have probably been four or five teams this year that would have got a medal, and that is really tough for a lot of teams on the grid.
"At the moment there are three teams at the back and they are a little bit away from getting points. It is still difficult, but to get that point is so exciting for them.
"If it becomes only for the top three, then they know they are never going to score a medal in a season, so it is difficult. For the smaller teams and teams not right at the front it is not as exciting, as there is less to go for."

Quote from zeugnimod :WTF? How is that "strange"?

I agree with you, it's like he wants to introduce some screwball rules change to alter the results. Hey Bernie, how about giving 89314789 points for finishing last? Then the standings wouldn't be the same.
I don't get how he thinks the medal system could possibly guarantee it all going down to the wire. Does it happen that often, for 2 or more drivers to have an equal number of wins going in to the last race of the season?
The medal scoring thing might get rid of those "save fuel or brake problem" - situations I just want to see proper racing.
Quote from sinbad :I don't get how he thinks the medal system could possibly guarantee it all going down to the wire. Does it happen that often, for 2 or more drivers to have an equal number of wins going in to the last race of the season?

Nope

Quote from JPeace :I think he just wants F1 to tie into other sports, although he is going to ruin what he has by doing this. If he left the points alone, as they are obviously winning, and focused more on making F1 a better sport to watch when they are racing then he would be making some use of himself. But at the moment, all he is coming out with is crap.

And that's unusual because?
there's not many sprts were a title is decided over a season that uses a medals system.

football, rugby , american football, australian rules, cricket, ice hockey, basketball, the list goes on and on, they all have league tables decided by points at the end of the season, not just by how many games you won. hell even the tenis world rankings are decided by the results in all of the tournaments rather than just who won the most.

under bernies system, a driver who won the first 11 races would win the title next year with almost half a season to go, under the current system, a driver could finish second to him in those races and only be 3 wins behind. bernies system could give the title to soemone who wins 2 races and fails to finish any others yet another driver could have 1 win and 19 seconds.

and if he decideds to take into account silver and bronze medals how will he work out how many silvers equal one gold? the moment he does that he's effectively re introduced a point system
I got it!

We give medals from 1-10th place. Then we assign an arbitrary value to each medal. Then at the end of the season, whoever has the highest value from their medals, wins the WDC!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I got it!

We give medals from 1-10th place. Then we assign an arbitrary value to each medal. Then at the end of the season, whoever has the highest value from their medals, wins the WDC!

Shit man this sounds like an awesome idea. I suggest we send a message to Bernie to try and implement this - he'll love it!
That'll definitely work.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I got it!

Its the same thing just with medals instead of points.
Quote from Mustafur :Its the same thing just with medals instead of points.

Achievement Unlocked: Captain Obvious medal.
Quote from amp88 :Achievement Unlocked: Captain Obvious medal.

Achievement Unlocked : Comedy Sarcasm medal.

You've just made my morning

Too much beer for the footy finals?
my common sence meter isn't working today lol
Good very first F1 training session of the Belgian newcomer Jérôme D'Ambrosio, 21st time clocked with a Virgin, being aside Heiki the best of the new teams!

Hopefuly he can get a positive evalution and most of all get the sponsorship stuff sorted out and we finally might see a Belgian racing F1 again!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Blah blah blah blah.

If you don't like it, move somewhere else. I hear Cuba is nice this time of year, especially Guantanimo Bay.. lovely beaches they have there.

It's also not a mandatory tax if you don't own a TV. Hence it is a TV licence, just as you have a Drivers licence, a Pilots licence or a firearms licence. It gives you permission to have possession or use a certain device. If you don't have one, you don't need a licence for it. Your head is just too far up your ass, that all you smell is shit. Then you just coat that shit with "BBC" wrapped around it to give it some context. You often do the same with Karting or Michael Schumacher.

It's bullshit dude, a car a gun and a plane can kill people, a TV can't kill someone due to mis-use so to BUY a right to view television is aload of shit. Any domestic license you pay for as a means of collateral, TV license basically just means, you have to fork out 300£ for a TV and then 130£ for TV Lisence EVERY YEAR. You're living in Canada, and you've never lived in the UK, so why don't you just shut up. You only have an OPINION. You do not have ANY experience. So instead of assuming Intrepid is being all conspiracy theorist, why not actually agree with what he says, because it's blood true (regarding TV licencing in UK).

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG