The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
Quote from anttt69 :why are a bunch of racing fans getting excited about a racing game?

Fixed, sort of answers itself now
Quote from anttt69 :why are a bunch of LFS'ers getting excited about an Arcade game? You already know how lame the physics will be. I think a lot of us are getting bored & looking for other genres to keep us entertained.

Yeah, because something that isn't a "hardcore" sim can't possibly be exicting can it.

Pffftt, take the blinkers off
New record, the only game that spent less than 10 minutes on my HDD. Uninstalled.

Graphics are good (HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SEE BLOOM), physics made me delete The Game instantly.
I love all the sim racing snobs, the physics are good enough for the actual F1 drivers to enjoy, but not realistic enough for the spotty nerd that's never driven a car before. :doh:
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I love all the sim racing snobs, the physics are good enough for the actual F1 drivers to enjoy, but not realistic enough for the spotty nerd that's never driven a car before. :doh:

Well said

My copy is hopefully coming tomorrow if Royal Mail are up to the job
Yeah, I wonder who these people are trying to impress.

Maybe I should uninstall LFS as brake temperature is not modelled, unlike in F1 2010?
Didn't you know its "cool" to rag on things that are popular?
Well I'm a sim racing snob of the highest order ("if it aint netKar Pro or iRacing it aint worth driving" is my usual stance), but i have to admit I'm having a blast with this.

It took a good few hours of tweaking to get the FFB feeling decent, and once i started playing with setups I got the car feeling good. (forget the 'quick setups' they are gash)

Initially I had that awful gear change lag, but it turns out it wasn't the gears themselves but the sound lagging. As soon as I switched from their 'rapture' sound to 'software' it improved massively (and i got a few extra FPS as a bonus)

Anyone who deleted it within 10 mins is an idiot. I thought it was pants after my first 30 mins, but now I've tweaked a bit it's transformed the game completely.

It's no sim, that's for sure, but considering it's a Codemasters game I'm pretty impressed.
As long as they release a patch soon to fix a couple of annoyances I'll be having fun with this for quite a while.
Do you really think F1 drivers would say it sucks? No they wouldn't. It's business, nothing else.
Quote from The Moose :As long as they release a patch soon to fix a couple of annoyances I'll be having fun with this for quite a while.

What would they be?, I've heard the same elsewhere, however, I've not seen anything fleshed out about exactly what.
pitstop traffic jam bug, driver model bug after DQ, and AI pace to name a few.

I hope they can fix the AI, hope it isn't something the requires a total rewrite of the AI code.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Do you really think F1 drivers would say it sucks? No they wouldn't. It's business, nothing else.

F1 drivers probably aren't as picky about physics as we are, afterall if they want the real thing they can just go drive it.

I don't understand how people came to idea this should be a hardcore sim, it was never the intention and by codemaster's standard it is on the good side.
Im sitting on the fence on trying this: if its half realistic it will be too hard to drive properly / set up, and if its not even there, it will just be another arcade racer.

Waiting for more reviews from informed LFS'ers...
Quote from anttt69 :why are a bunch of LFS'ers getting excited about an Arcade game?

So what's LFS then you Dickhead.
#241 - AMB
Quote from speedykev :So what's LFS then you Dickhead.

A simulator you ****ing **** **** shit stained balls Cincinnati bow tie mother ****er.
Quote from AMB :A simulator you ****ing **** **** shit stained balls Cincinnati bow tie mother ****er.

trolololololololololo
Haha AMB, I think he was trying to point out that LFS, like F1 2010, is a game
#244 - AMB
Oh shizzle, well I am sorry Kevin if that's what you was pointing out, and my last post was from the film '40 Year Old Virgin' well most of it.

and I didn't mean it, honest
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Do you really think F1 drivers would say it sucks? No they wouldn't. It's business, nothing else.

Yeah, not to mention that most F1 drivers don't spend much time on sim racing beyond the simulators their teams have. They just want to relax/have fun when they're playing a game.

Dale Jr. on the other hand... don't think he'd pick an EA NASCAR game over iR...
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I love all the sim racing snobs, the physics are good enough for the actual F1 drivers to enjoy, but not realistic enough for the spotty nerd that's never driven a car before. :doh:

nice one.
I was wondering when we was going to get posts like this from people who actually think they know how
a Formula One car should act on a race track. It's been tested by Formula One drivers who say
it's better than the Formula One simulators they actually use. I put it down to waiting two years
for the physics update it must be really frustrating for them.
#247 - AMB
Yeah I keep telling my dad that this game is going to feel 'arcadey' and if he's buying it for realism there's no point... but if it's just for fun then go for it, I may buy it depending how good the on-line bit is and to just pwn!
Quote from AMB :Yeah I keep telling my dad that this game is going to feel 'arcadey' and if he's buying it for realism there's no point... but if it's just for fun then go for it, I may buy it depending how good the on-line bit is and to just pwn!

Its like MW2.. I knew it was gonna be shit for competitive play and being serious.. but I bought it anyway for shits and giggles.. I'm gonna do the same with this :P
#249 - AMB
Yeah same, and when Black Ops comes out I'll buy it but I hope they FIX the goddamn spawn system.... other than that I think it will be a decent game although they have crap snipers.... they should of put the Intervention in Black Ops
Quote from speedykev :So what's LFS then you Dickhead.

I do not have a penis attached to my head so your wrong. Oh & the fact that LFS is not an Arcade game makes you wrong again. Well done Kev you get the double fail award for having no brain.

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG