The online racing simulator
FXR vs FXR names
(23 posts, started )
FXR vs FXR names
lol im running a full set of AI FOX's around SO Classic (omg.. the dumb ai's cant even figure out you have to turn after the chicane ... after 80 laps they still haven't learned?!)

anyways, i just noticed..... it says FXR 2000 on the tag on left side in the drivers seat

..also says 2004.. this car was planned a LONG time ago lol

i also noticed one other thing; this FOX is called the Formula XR
therefore it has FXR inside on that tag in there... but then what about the FXO GTR, its also called the FXR; have we all been .. wrong by calling the "FXR" the FXO?

im really confused lol
what?
what?
FXR 2000 maybe noting it is 2000 cc?

2004 is when it was made afterall if you think about the time they were developing S2...

However, for the name FXR and FOX, it is only confusing on LFSW I think. LFSW calls it the F XR. Not really confusing anywhere else.
[OT] Tweak, could you post a larger version (or better still, the source pic) of that avatar?
Quote from XCNuse :have we all been .. wrong by calling the "FXR" the FXO?

im really confused lol

I dunno about you but I don't know anyone that calls the FXR the FXO. These are two different vehicles.

FXO:

FXR:
Quote from Hankstar :[OT] Tweak, could you post a larger version (or better still, the source pic) of that avatar?

I do find it strange that on the default FXR skin it says 'FXO' on the side. but i don't call the FXR the FXO. and i don 't called the FOX the F XR because it's the FOX :|
Although i can see where you're coming from. I guess it could become confusing :|.... maybe?.....what?
Quote :I dunno about you but I don't know anyone that calls the FXR the FXO.

But wasn't the rest of your post about the Fox? ARRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH,,,,,,........ . . . . . .
Quote from Hankstar :[OT] Tweak, could you post a larger version (or better still, the source pic) of that avatar?

Her name is Elin Grindemyr, google on it
Don't know what all you are confused about? I understood XCNuse perfectly.

RappaZ clears it up pretty nic..... Erin Grindemyr, eh? I'll have to do the google thing. What were we talking about again?
Quote from Rappa Z :for the clueless ppl. The Formula XR has a small plate that says FXR(FormulaXR) in it. Also the FXO gtr is named the FXR. So the problem is they share a name.

her is what is in the Formula XR:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/11011/FXRduh.jpg

Yeah ...

In the mhr hotlap chart for instance, you're supposed to drive the 'F XR' on WE1R. Though, if you'd happen to drive the 'FXR' it'd be a waste of time, beacuse in this case the 'F XR' refers to, just as you said. Formula XR.

The 'FXR' is called FXO GTR in the mhr.
So, "Formula XR" means that the engine of the FOX is the 2.0 l-engine from the XR(s), just without the Turbo?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :I've got a link here that shows all the letters of the alphabet. Should I send it to Scavier so they don't have to use the letters F, X and R so much?

its not a bad idea.

The 2000 is just for the 2.0 liter engine. Just like Formula Renault 2000.
Quote from Tweaker :
However, for the name FXR and FOX, it is only confusing on LFSW I think. LFSW calls it the F XR. Not really confusing anywhere else.

You've confused yourself ... Eric seems to have put FXR instead of FOX - LFS World has nothing to do with this.

LFS World calls them by their full name unless the names have to be cramped into a couple of pixels, in which case it's :

XFG - XF GTI
XFR - XF GTR

XRG - XR GT
XRT - XR GT Turbo
XRR - XR GTR

FXO - FXO
FXR - FXO GTR

RB4 - RB4

LX4 - LX4
LX6 - LX6

MRT - MRT5

UF1 - UF 1000
UFR - UF 1000 GTR

RAC - Raceabout

FZ5 - FZ5
FZR - FZ5 GTR

FO8 - Formula V8
FOX - Formula XR

BF1 - BMW Sauber F1.06

Maybe some people should print this list?
lol i just created mass confusion

still surprising that eric "forgot" it was called the FOX and not FXR

but.. .. hes still right, because it is the formula XR, therefore its really called the FXR

and what we call the FXR is the FXO GTR
XCNuse - that's because Eric made the Formula XR long before the FXO GTR and we came up with the three letter prefixes even later. He didn't forget, that's like saying "I've forgotten what I did tomorrow".

EDIT : OOPS, looks like I'm wrong, it seems to be only on the recent texture update, so yes you are right, it does seem that Eric didn't think about the FXO GTR's skin prefix / abbreviated name when he was working on that new interior texture for the Formula XR.

P.S. There was a time when some things on LFSW did say "f xr" for "formula xr" and that was confusing but apparently that has gone now.
Quote from Scawen :P.S. There was a time when some things on LFSW did say "f xr" for "formula xr" and that was confusing but apparently that has gone now.

No its not gone still... that is why I always wonder why Victor says I am the one being confused.

It says F XR, does that not somehow look like FXR????!!? :doh:

That is the last instance of it I have seen for it being called FXR. And like I said, once the mixup is all sorted, I don't think people will be calling it the FXR anymore. I am not sure where else people could have seen that short name from other than LFSW and the cockpit badge.

Just know that the two formula cars start with FO to denote FOrmula
Attached images
foxy.gif
yeah that one instance made lfsworld totally confusing ... damn stupid me
Why do you always get so snobby when I bring this up?

They are just some confusing little mistakes that could ultimately be fixed...

You said it yourself
Quote from Victor :FXR - FXO GTR
FOX - Formula XR

FOX being the actual prefix we all use, and for the most part what the game uses, having two prefixes for a car's name is not needed now is it? If Eric calls the FOX the FXR, then how does that not get confused with the FXO GTR / FXR??? This minor little line of text isn't the source of all this 'confusion', so stop thinking that. It's not like I am saying it is ALWAYS LFSW's fault, geezuz christ. It's annoying whenever people bring this up, because the name mixup still resides. Wouldn't it be best if you alleviate any mixup? That's all I am suggesting.

Print this out and staple it to your forehead if you're mixed up guys :rolleyes:
i .. wasnt talking about LFSW, i wasn't worried about that because it has full names not.. prefixes

im just curious about the texture on the FOX which.. it says FXR, and was just curious about the mixup

FXR vs FXR names
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG