The online racing simulator
Buying a new labtop. HELP!
(25 posts, started )
Hey all, im buying a new labtop and then soon after buying a semi good wheel and then s2 <3 haha i cant wait but i need help picking out a good labtop? i currently have a Desktop from 2003. however i have done some small mods to it upgrading the graphics card to nvidia 5400 (weakkkk) 1gb ram =) cant handle any more and upgraded the dvd drivers and such but now since my system is really outdated im buying a new labtop =D. im looking to speend no more then 700$ for a decent labtop. Is this labtop any good?

http://www.dell.com/content/to ... 4?c=us&l=en&cs=19

a costco store near me has one for less then 700$ and it is the one with the i5 proccesor!! i heard those are good. and it looks good. I know how to tell good specs from bad ones but im confsued with these labtop video cards. i dont know much about those really. Any suggestions on labtops? Racing wheels too?
OKay i know i can search it and i have. Ive looked at microcenter and other stores near by. Im looking for others input into buying a labtop and i also need help with these labtop video cards because i dont know waht can run what.. So if you have no insight to bring then just dont post that for no reason. i dont think your cool. So in all, im looking for others input. please dont be a rude boy.
The picture i posted before was meant to tell you that its written as "laptop" instead of "labtop". How come a person from US doesnt know how to write that? Maybe you'll find even more results when using the term "laptop" etc.

Edit: Sorry for being such a grammar police, but such mistakes just hurt my eyes. :P
you won't find a laptop that's any good for gaming unless you spend thousands. gaming and long battery life are incompatible goals.
@hazaky - so your telling me to search laptop instead of labtop? im confused bro.... because i thought you call it a labtop?

@bunder9999 - True. im not looking for a amazing gaming labtop or laptop . Im sure these laptops can support lfs and stuff.
Labtop... That's a first

TBH, any laptop that you can find for $400 at Bestbuy will run better than that beaten up Dell of yours and run LFS no problemo... --> Laptop, not netbook.

It's laptop by the way, and I am typing on my neckbook
GPU GPU GPU GPU

How hard is that to understand?

edit;

Quote :
Video Card
512MB4 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

Oh OK... Thats good. No problem.
Well, notebookcheck.com has this card in a "class 3" category, which doesn't make it a good option for a gaming system. It's best score in 3DMark 05 was about 6000, my 9800M GTS can do over 16000 and it's still weaker than good old desktop 8800GTS. So no, this model is definitely not meant for gaming.
"labtop",,,gotta love our american education system
Quote from robubba :"labtop",,,gotta love our american education system

It is america after all
You might as well compare it to my friend's 5870 in quad SLI. What does that make you need to get in terms of video cards? The fact is that you need one that gets the job done, and for LFS, that is simply a video card within the few generations and with sufficient pixel pipelines. The 4330 ought to get the job done.
Exactly. It's good enough for LFS.
With this way of thinking ANY graphics card will do. Even like 7 years old i915 IGP's been known to perform just fine in LFS. Radeon 4330 is seriously sub-par when measured by today's standards, it's definitely not a gaming grade chip. Anyway, I don't think he said he wanted a laPtop for LFS specifically.
@ GenesisX
I have a beaten up Hp pavilion atm =D not dell.

you guys really call it a laptop? on all websites it says Labtop? Haha wow. Hey im from europe just happened to move here with my family to america because of the bosnian war.. nothing i can do about the school system here =/

So is the video card taht is in the dell labtop in my first post,
512MB4 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330, worser then my nvidia GeForce fx 5400 that is in my desktop? Ive also seen a laptop with Radeon HD 5470 video card. but the proccsor and memory and ram were less.

This labtop doesnt have to be a GAMING labtop. i jsut want it to be good in specs and good for the price. It can play lfs and other games its good! , however i have seen some NECKbooks cost 500$ that can play good game such as gta IV and stuff.
Quote from Royal[Ricer] :you guys really call it a laptop? on all websites it says Labtop?

I really wonder what sites you visit.
OMG

WOW. IT is "Laptop".... I dont think i have ever felt stupider in my life... LmAO... where the hell did i get labtop from? What a fail.
Maybe you work in a lab?
Quote from Royal[Ricer] :OMG

WOW. IT is "Laptop".... I dont think i have ever felt more stupid in my life... LmAO... where the hell did i get laptop from? What a fail.

what about now?
#20 - AMB
^ rofl....
I'm done.... *shoots himself*
Quote from Royal[Ricer] :OMG

WOW. IT is "Laptop".... I dont think i have ever felt stupider in my life... LmAO... where the hell did i get labtop from? What a fail.

you are joking i'm sure... good one
Sadly I don't think he was joking.

This thread has a ton of good sig material though.
hahahah uhm yea i was def joking

lmfao i might become infamous in someones sig! =D.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG