The online racing simulator
Quote from Skytrill :I like the "hole world" part

You can always play nkp while waiting, it ease the pain.

I quite like the lazy spelling, he should be reading English Grammar For Dummies whilst waiting for an update
Quote from inf1kek :Guys, ive checking LFS for 2 y ... hole world.
total fail.

You don't know what you are talking about!

Me, Slinger and Mat have taken about 3 years in development of OUR game - and we are only at 0.05. We are not even at alpha yet.

This year we have been working on on physics ( Were Slinger is the programmer ), and he has been trying to fix issues with our suspension and tyre math. We can see now exactly why Scawen is taking such a long time on the tyre physics ( amongst other things )..... its a ****ing load of hectic brainfart work - the math and formulas can make you do acrobatic brainfarts like no other....

... and we still don't have textures yet. A few builds back slinger started over on the 3D rendering and model loader, rebuilt the entire bit.

Try developing and working on a game development team that has only 3 active members doing all the hard work - in the end - it will take ages. When one of them is the programmer - all the really hard work is on him.

Quote by Slinger - RollcageX / RCX - tyre model : slip formulas
Quote :
...snip... (slinger was talking about tyre rotation an slip)
...As for the equation itself:
F = Fz*k0 *sin(k1* arctan( tan(90/k1) * (slip/ (k2*Fz^k3) ) ^ (Fz^k4))

Try to understand this formula - he spent a month trying to work out a realistic and acceptable one for our cars.

Scawen is far from lazy, YOU wake the **** up and go try something new.
Yes, i think i can judge the physics also as demo user. I've driven a lots of XRT and FBM in Blackwood (1:12.38 --> no hard shortcutting, only using curbs). There are various points, which feel/are unrealistic with the current physics: Tyre heating/cooling, dirt on tyres, tyre grip and car behaviour when driving the car at the limit. I can handle it, but i know and feel it's far from a real world behaviour.

But i'm confident these things will get fixed/better with the patch.

Graphics: comic-like colors, lighting, no real environment mapping, tyre smoke (too simple), track objects like trees (too simple)

Sounds: should sound like Netkar pro

That's all!
Quote from CodieMorgan :You don't know what you are talking about!

Me, Slinger and Mat have taken about 3 years in development of OUR game - and we are only at 0.05. We are not even at alpha yet.

..And that's not even the most relevant comparison in Scawen's case.

Although it has been mentioned a few times, most people still fail to understand (especially non-coders) that it's often easier and faster to go from nil to some acceptable first version of a program than to improve on something that's already good. It's hard enough to insert new features into an ever-increasing code base, but to improve on some already existing code is very much non-linearly harder as the quality of the original code increases. This is not specific to software development of course: it's well known from economics that cost (time, money) rises ~exponentially with quality.
Quote from LFS_Adam :Yes, i think i can judge the physics also as demo user. I've driven a lots of XRT and FBM in Blackwood (1:12.38 --> no hard shortcutting, only using curbs). There are various points, which feel/are unrealistic with the current physics: Tyre heating/cooling, dirt on tyres, tyre grip and car behaviour when driving the car at the limit. I can handle it, but i know and feel it's far from a real world behaviour.

Graphics: comic-like colors, lighting, no real environment mapping, tyre smoke (too simple), track objects like trees (too simple)

That's all!

damn.. you have an XRT and FBM with cromo tyres and actually know the location on blackwood??? cool... share the knowledge man.

btw... who makes the XRT?
I'm still wanting my cookie from page 100... Oh wait i was off topic..? Uhm.. Well there is not a off topic forum! Not as cool as General LFS Discussion... That just rolls off my tongue a lot cooler =P

But seriously people where is your patience.. It will come, But nobody said you might have white hairs before it gets here.. But nevertheless, I have high hopes.. (For a year.. or so.. like the rest of the community?)
Quote from LFS_Adam :Me not, current physics and graphics are reasons for me NOT to buy a LFS license :sleep2:

Demo user, buy S2 then you have the right to complain, the graphics are fine. Now please turn your eyes on.
Quote from LFS_Adam :Yes, i think i can judge the physics also as demo user. I've driven a lots of XRT and FBM in Blackwood (1:12.38 --> no hard shortcutting, only using curbs). There are various points, which feel/are unrealistic with the current physics: Tyre heating/cooling, dirt on tyres, tyre grip and car behaviour when driving the car at the limit. I can handle it, but i know and feel it's far from a real world behaviour.

That's all!

upgrade to Z28, XRT isn't even in demo..
but then you can driftzors on reversorz unless you haxorz.
@BMWtwins

1. use your brain
2. XRT has been in previous demo versions
3. I already have Z28 since the day it has been released

@vf1-nazca
So graphics and physics engine is different in S2?

BTW: I already bought S2 for a friend of mine and played it.
@rockclan
:woohoo:
Rockclan has the same problem like that line too.
You just mad cuz he got teh sponzorzzz. :Eyecrazy::woohoo:
Quote from LFS_Adam :FARTS

So you drive XRT in X version and you compair it with the new Z version, lets see X....Y......... Z some patches and updates later and you find them ,as you say "I can handle it, but i know and feel it's far from a real world behaviour." So my dear MAN (with no knowlege for your real age), but with so many knowlege for car,driving,racing and road use, let me inform you that even if LFS or other sim can reach the real driving simulation and physics, none of the users could ever feel the G's or the air......

So with all my hart and my side of knowlege I can only say to you and all the moaners that..
STFU and w8 for the next update or new patch

Regards STB.
@SouvlakiTheBest

Thx for clarifying that, i was really wondering, why i cannot feel the air and the g's :doh:
Quote from LFS_Adam :

BTW: I already bought S2 for a friend of mine and played it.

Uh-oh. Never say that again!!

My first offtopic post in this thread! My life has just begun!
sigh for us to pay this game while his only sharing -.-
Quote from LFS_Adam :@SouvlakiTheBest

Thx for clarifying that, i was really wondering, why i cannot feel the air and the g's :doh:

Souvlaki is a very smart guy, stop making fun of him.
@Bmxtwins and KiRmelius

:doh:

I played it on his computer. Now i'm curious, what's the next point you don't understand.
LFS_adam, if you are waiting for over fancy graphic gimmics, you can wait a very long time i'd guess. But you are missing out of the fun of driving the other cars against players.

All LFS graphics lack is more complex lighting system and that's about it and it will take a while until a realistic simulator comes along with it. (iracing isn't there yet either)

But then again, you play already S2 and just want to troll, huh?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Souvlaki is a very smart guy, stop making fun of him.

I hope you don't make fun with my opinion.....Thanks

@LFS_Adam I smell a troll kid around the forum.......
Quote from SouvlakiTheBest :I hope you don't make fun with my
@LFS_Adam I smell a troll kid around the forum.......

I smell a demo guy talking smart things. Wait, that can't be true
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG