The online racing simulator
Ferrari Academy 2010
(94 posts, started )
Right
i hope all the changes from this sim will be integrated in nkpro ...
Quote from niels1 :Released but servers are down.

Update: The demand has taken down the official website almost instantly. Seems like a little more patience is required..

so....this sim will be awesome,then
me just know
Quote from niels1 :Released but servers are down.

Update: The demand has taken down the official website almost instantly. Seems like a little more patience is required..

Having a new patch already?
It' been an hour i'm trying to register and download the stuff but looks like the site is under hacker attack.
Can't go past the registration form, i don't know why, it tries to go past but leaves me on a blank page.
Has any of you got a bit more luck?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Nah, just popular

no. awesome!

i downloaded setup right now, so it works....
and there are times already postend on site!
i just have to wait till tomorrow to get pack on my pc,argh!
Is it worth 15 euro?

And how big is it?
The 15 euro seems to only get Fiorano + F10. Mugello and Nurburgring seem to be in seperate packs.
Quote from PMD9409 :The 15 euro seems to only get Fiorano + F10. Mugello and Nurburgring seem to be in seperate packs.

Yep, 9.90 Euros each according to VirtualR.
I thought it's free! Ferrari sure knows how to rip people off. 10 euro for just one track and one car?! no thanks.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I thought it's free! Ferrari sure knows how to rip people off. 10 euro for just one track and one car?! no thanks.

Oh stop it. It's hardly ripping people off.

It's cheaper than a car and track for iRacing. Laser scanning tracks costs a lot of money. Get used to it. It's the way sim racing is going.

It costs less than 4 pints of beer..now that is ripping people off, yet you probably wouldn't think twice about paying for that.
question:
i bought the game on paypal and downloaded 145MB setup (but i will install it this evening on my pc), where is licence code? is it in that setup file or...? cos i didnt receive anything like it on email.
this is my first purchase on paypal, btw....
it was in my junk mail...
Quote from The Moose :Oh stop it. It's hardly ripping people off.

It's cheaper than a car and track for iRacing. Laser scanning tracks costs a lot of money. Get used to it. It's the way sim racing is going.

It costs less than 4 pints of beer..now that is ripping people off, yet you probably wouldn't think twice about paying for that.

Laser scanning, laser schmaning... whatever you want to put it, it still comes down to that it IS a game. You honestly will be able to tell the difference in couple of centimeters.. on the tracks you will probably never drive in real life?
It's great that we can have the tracks as close as possible, but i still can't justify the iRacing's charging scheme, nor this one.
I don't give a rat's arse about accuracy, but what laser scanning offers is fidelity - you can literally feel the difference between an iRacing track and LFS's ice-rink smooth track surface and it makes the driving experience far more believable, at least in my opinion.
Quote from count.bazley :I don't give a rat's arse about accuracy, but [...] it makes the driving experience far more believable, at least in my opinion.

Hmm. I am disappoint son.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Laser scanning, laser schmaning... whatever you want to put it, it still comes down to that it IS a game. You honestly will be able to tell the difference in couple of centimeters.. on the tracks you will probably never drive in real life?

Have you actually driven on an iRacing track?

Before I tried it I thought laser scanned tracks were just a gimmick. Now I find it impossible to drive any other sims, including my favourite, netKar Pro, simply because of what a massive difference laser scanned tracks make to the experience.

I've driven the tracks iRacing have in other sims for years. The difference is huge!

Knowing you are driving on a perfect recreation of a track makes a big difference to me. Anything else is a step backwards. You now have the chance to drive on perfect recreations of your favourite tracks... why wouldn't you want to do that?

Obviously you couldn't care less about them, but for me and many others it's easily worth paying the extra premium for laser scanned tracks. A no brainer.
I haven't actually.. i'm afraid to get hooked and start paying for it which, i really couldn't justify to myself..
OK so you don't want to pay for their great hard work. Its fair.. but at least don't talk nonsense. Keep cool
Quote from The Moose :Oh stop it. It's hardly ripping people off.

judging by past merits and peris rant on #lfs last night on the quality of this id say expecting people to pay any sort of money for a kunos produ...alpha is ripping them off
Quite a lot well known names already there. But I still won't pay for it.
Quote from Shotglass :judging by past merits and peris rant on #lfs last night on the quality of this id say expecting people to pay any sort of money for a kunos produ...alpha is ripping them off

Judging from the huge thread on the iRacing forums where the response has been overwhelmingly positive I'd say you're just up to your usual pointless Kunos bashing.
Going back on topic: how's the game? Does it worth the price? Does it feel real? Do you race against noobs?
Quote from NitroNitrous : Does it feel real? Do you race against noobs?

Can't compare about the feel; yet to drive the F10
AFAIK, its just practise and hotlapping mode (might be wrong!)

Ferrari Academy 2010
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG