The online racing simulator
Quote from NISSANCY :racing tyres R4 with new physics = perfect handling ,better lap time
make it for all the cars

And how do you have knowledge about R4 tyres may I ask?

Any proof of that you have EVER tried R4?
Quote from justasimfan :It is implied ! (There are some hd texture and model updates too ! )

Also don't forget other amazing games made by these people like deus ex (There is a dx9-10 render update,there are more complex maps updates,hd textures,an hdr plugin-enbseries and even some hd models.... )
i played the original deus ex at least 3 times and i am thinking replaying it as it looks fantastic with the updates...)

And ofcourse we have the thief series with my favourite being 3 deadly shadows.

Tribes Vengeance was nice too with a great story.(I just wish the someday make a terranova remake as irrational has the only remaining people that made that game.

And don't forget Bioshock...and Anachronox and last but not least....the current UFO remake ! (Its made with another company as the main devs but many people from irrational (ex looking glass stuff) are working with them and helping them.

I find it odd that anyone who played System Shock 2 would enjoy Bioshock. Take SS2, dumb down the gameplay a lot, give it some whiz-bang graphics and a steampunk setting, and you have Bioshock.
Nevertheless Bioshock is one of the few games nowadays that's a quality yarn with few enough disruptions of suspension of disbelief. The upwards trend (e.g. replay something from back in the day like Another World and you might be surprised by how little (even if excellent) substance the game consists of) is kind of slumping.. Mafia 2 is the latest quality franchise that's been sold out for profit, beyond something really enjoyable.
Quote from Forbin :I find it odd that anyone who played System Shock 2 would enjoy Bioshock. Take SS2, dumb down the gameplay a lot, give it some whiz-bang graphics and a steampunk setting, and you have Bioshock.

Replaying SS2 with texture and game mods on Impossible is a blast
Quote from rockclan :And how do you have knowledge about R4 tyres may I ask?

Any proof of that you have EVER tried R4?

theyre coming with rally pack
Right, wtf is this rallypack all about?!? Link?
I do really like this game and after 1 year demo-playing, I bought it, cause only two cars really cant let me satisfied~ I'm looking forward to this new pack~Nice~Scawen
Quote from dontpannic :Right, wtf is this rallypack all about?!? Link?

Ask the internet, and the internet will respond.
Once upon a time... rallypack... everybody sad... the (very) End.
Quote from The Very End :Ask the internet, and the internet will respond.

Rallypack by Wikipedia - Swedish hard rock in LFS! :headbang:

But seriously, Victor revealed, that Devs experimented during testing day with boogie cars in LFS.

What does it mean? This time do not ask the internet.
Quote from adamshl :Rallypack by Wikipedia - Swedish hard rock in LFS! :headbang:

But seriously, Victor revealed, that Devs experimented during testing day with boogie cars in LFS.

What does it mean? This time do not ask the internet.

Well.. gotta ask them I guess

To quote what I found on a other forum:

Quote :Q:
What's the status on the Rally Pack, and what can the people expect from it?

A:
Victor : I don't think a start has been made yet. We are still working on S2 final and we will have to gather around after that to see if it is time for a rally pack.

Link: http://www.core-racing.com/forums/index.php?topic=10.0

Edit: Eric, I dare you to reveal your secrets!
Quote from liuby :I do really like this game and after 1 year demo-playing, I bought it, cause only two cars really cant let me satisfied~ I'm looking forward to this new pack~Nice~Scawen

It´s been a long time... but if I remember correctly and if I can still count to three... then you missed 1 entire car for a whole year
But welcome to LFS. And be SURE to try out all the cars you now have available... and don´t miss a single one
Locked diff is a lot more predictable (drifting).

LSD's can be quite scary in real life if not set up right!

Edit: Also scary when set up correctly rofl
Quote from IIIIIbarcodeIIIII :Locked diff is a lot more predictable (drifting).

LSD's can be quite scary in real life if not set up right!

Edit: Also scary when set up correctly rofl

locked diff is easier to use But lsd Can be great like you said...

way too many people have it set well to either strong or weak... no balance whatsoever.

also over 3k posts on this thread + no release date = lol ?
^^^
Honestly, if there was never another update I would still be happy with what I have paid for. I have spent alot more time with LFS than with, say, the most expensive game I have ever bought (Modern Warfare 2, which coincidentally I also spent the shortest time with - but that's a different story ).
LFS is a successful simulacrum of reality - with excellent network code - and I find it's bare-bones, 'pre-alpha' styling to be extremely attractive.
A quality local racing league doesn't hurt either! :something
Quote from IIIIIbarcodeIIIII :^^^
Honestly, if there was never another update I would still be happy with what I have paid for.

Me not, current physics and graphics are reasons for me NOT to buy a LFS license :sleep2:
Quote from LFS_Adam :Me not, current physics and graphics are reasons for me NOT to buy a LFS license :sleep2:

What's wrong with the physics? Can you just tell me? Or is it because new tire physics are coming, which makes you think the current physics suck?

Also, the graphics are quite nice, with a little reflection and texture modding. It looks crisp and clean, no bloom crap or something.
Quote from LFS_Adam :Me not, current physics and graphics are reasons for me NOT to buy a LFS license :sleep2:

Interesting... You've driven 35000 kms with 3 (!!) demo cars. And you're saying you don't like the physics?
LOL
I don't believe you a word!
And I am strongly convinced, you've played "cracked LFS" too. ;-)
I've played it too, but soon after that I bought it. ;-)
Actually you can pretty much judge the physics by driving the demo cars, as there is a car with slick tyres too
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Actually you can pretty much judge the physics by driving the demo cars, as there is a car with slick tyres too

Agree. The cars might have different powers, but a lot of the different settings and feelings are there as every tyre type is within the demo.
But you just don't need 35000km to realize that you dislike the physics, and I think that was the point Michalxo was trying to archieve
Quote from ATHome :But you just don't need 35000km to realize that you dislike the physics, and I think that was the point Michalxo was trying to archieve

Thank you ATHome :-)
-
(senn) DELETED by senn
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG