The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Klutch :
What the use for it?
Is it specific to convertibles to help chassis rigidity or something?

Pretty much. S2000 takes it a step further...

Not too sure, but it's there to tie the differential, gearbox and engine together

Jibber: not the same thing really. Doesn't seem like the yellow parts can be removed by undoing a couple of bolts but is an integral part of the car?
Learn something new every day haha
Quote from Tomson(FIN) :Finally a new car Already bought new mirrors and front grill, should be coming soon.

great car. My grandad has one quite good to drive (on the fram track I've driven it on) and that looks awsome that colour and those wheels.
Quote from Osco :Not too sure, but it's there to tie the differential, gearbox and engine together

Jibber: not the same thing really. Doesn't seem like the yellow parts can be removed by undoing a couple of bolts but is an integral part of the car?

thier goes me thinking their unibody
Quote from e2mustang :i dont know why every1 is like if u put other suspension bye bye drivability. the best thing i done to the car is throw bilstein pss9's and slam it. million times better than stock susp.

ofc wont work in snow,but im just saying in general.

pss9's arent exactly cheap, some B6's and some light springs are all that's needed for a good streetable setup.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Dunno if you pointed your shit at me but..
Bye bye driveability and bye bye handling is a very different thing..!? At least the way I meant it.

You have to be two times more careful if you have a low car, drive two times slower on the speedbumps or even round them. Thinking of the winters roads full of snow or shitty offroads. And buying a lower suspension.. what do you gain from it? Yes, might look cooler.. might get a little bit better handling which you only benefit on a racetrack.

Love you internet experts saying what's good for someone else without knowing their real needs.

absolute rubbish. there's a difference between something not being driveable, and simply girly men who need to grow a set dont want to drive it.

i much prefer driving my car now that im running full track suspension, and solid metal bearing bushing all around. car feels more raw, reminds me i'm driving a machine.

when i first put my aftermarket suspension in, before i dropped it that low, it took speed humps faster than it had ever done before, faster than my old mans 4x4. why? the suspension is being controlled better, there isnt the same issue with the suspension moving around and bottoming out.

oh, and i lived in the Japanese Alps in a ski resort for 4 months with an R32 dropped on it's balls and a mechanical diff, i had to deal with snow every day, it's really not that hard unless ur retarded.
Quote from nisskid :pss9's arent exactly cheap, some B6's and some light springs are all that's needed for a good streetable setup.

i prefer the best stuffs. its not too much money anyway,seen 3x more expensive ones.
Quote from nisskid :when i first put my aftermarket suspension in, before i dropped it that low, it took speed humps faster than it had ever done before, faster than my old mans 4x4.

Did nobody tell you that speed bumps aren't there for driving over them as fast as possible?

Quite the opposite actually.
Quote from nisskid :
when i first put my aftermarket suspension in, before i dropped it that low, it took speed humps faster than it had ever done before, faster than my old mans 4x4. why? the suspension is being controlled better, there isnt the same issue with the suspension moving around and bottoming out.

oh, and i lived in the Japanese Alps in a ski resort for 4 months with an R32 dropped on it's balls and a mechanical diff, i had to deal with snow every day, it's really not that hard unless ur retarded.

Haha, what movie you just watched? or where do you just copy all that rubbish?^^

Luke S: Thx glad to hear that.
Quote from Klutch :My god you're an idiot lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/inertiaMS

Nisskid is a terrible driver and has no idea what hes talking about.
Yep, totally.

Lick his butt more

@him.
So, you like it bumpy and like to take it up to ass by the seat. Does that mean everyone should too? And if not, you're girly? wtf..

Someones just likes the comforty, how effing hard is that to understand? And how the hell does it make someone girly?
Quote from Klutch :My god you're an idiot lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/inertiaMS

Nisskid is a terrible driver and has no idea what hes talking about.
Yep, totally.

Because the guy drifts doesn't mean he knows how to drive on the road and take speed bumps without damaging his car or stop him from talking out of his ass.

D1 does not = Awesome driver, even that Nick Hogan kid ended up in a tree as im sure lots of racing drivers have too, yes he might have better car control but in road conditions in a road car its alot different. Anyone can drift, scrabby proved it.

So shada fak ap.

EDIT: And his cars battered to ****....
Being able to drift requires at least some degree of car control, and having at least some degree of car control on video > no proof of at all of your driving expertise.

The thing is theres a massive difference between a well-setup set of coilovers (which may well be better for whatever you use the car for than the compromised OEM ones...), and what people actually use them for (throw them on / get it low).

Billstein suspension isn't rubbish - from memory the dampers in my car are made by them. But frankly it's not the suspension thats the important but, but the way it's been setup for the vehicle / intended use.
eh?
Don't ever argue with fins, they are always right.
I think what Thomson(FIN) was trying to tell is that getting a car lower is not "the most optimal" way of tuning if you have 15cm+ layer of snow on roads most time of the year

(Not every singe road is being cleaned regulary, and dealing with a slippery road with a thin layer of snow is one thing, and getting out of the private sector where roads aren't cleaned is completly different)

Just to add: My car is RAISED from the factory position (bought it in that state already) and I like that. I climb up on borders no problem and getting offroad isn't a problem. Each to their own I guess
-
(Nathan_French_14) DELETED by Nathan_French_14
nathan more pics of what you drive plox
Quote from [RF]-art555 :I think what Thomson(FIN) was trying to tell is that getting a car lower is not "the most optimal" way of tuning if you have 15cm+ layer of snow on roads most time of the year

(Not every singe road is being cleaned regulary, and dealing with a slippery road with a thin layer of snow is one thing, and getting out of the private sector where roads aren't cleaned is completly different)

Just to add: My car is RAISED from the factory position (bought it in that state already) and I like that. I climb up on borders no problem and getting offroad isn't a problem. Each to their own I guess

situational based tuning....

the standard original 205 was rasied here by like 15 mm....

they can go anywhere...
Sorry about the rubbist lighting. Just a quick snap.
Attached images
DSC_0134.jpg
Quote from Highsider9 :Sorry about the rubbist lighting. Just a quick snap.

That's yours?

If so, congrats!

Always have good tires in the back and be careful when it rains. You'll have lots of fun! What year is it?

I'm going to france this weekend for a trackday at cirquit du laquais (this saturday), feel free to join if you like (cost is 140 euro for the whole day, excluding gas, food, hotel, etc).
Yep, it's mine. I've been searching for a nice unmolested low Mileage S2000 for almost 6 Months. 2 Weeks ago this one popped up and all went very quick. Bought it after just a short Drive in the Rain.

Its a 05 Model with around 34'000 Km on the Clock.
I would love to go to a Trackday sometime, but this Weekend is a little short notice for me. Also the Car has hardly driven in the past Year so its probably best to break it in again before really pushing it. But Thanks for the Offer.
Nice, and such low kilometers (mine has close to 80'000 km one the clock now).

I'd suggest to do a fluid exchange if it hasn't been driven much in the past year. Other than that, i wouldn't be too worried, a day at the track usually "cleans out" the engine very well (was like that with my mx-5 and also with the s2000).

There's lots of good tracks around switzerland (laquais, bresse, etc), let me know when you might go for it and i might join the fun (if my car's still alive then ).

Anyway, i wish you lots of fun with this great car!
im just about to order some new bits for the engine..
8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons (+0.020 oversized)

Forged Eagle H-Beam Rods

GM Racing Valves (+1mm oversized)

GM Racing Dual Valve Spring Kit

hopefully with an added 2.9" pulley i should be looking at near on 290bhp, with such a strong bottom end i could in theory bolt on a harrop supercharger and gain in the reigon of 350-375bhp
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG