Who will win the title?
(63 posts, started )

Poll : Who will win the WDC?

Webber
Hamilton
Vettel
Button
Alonso
Quote from BurnOut69 :I wouldnt say Hamilton is a better driver...he definitely has more speed and is more aggressive, but lacks brains.

I'm not sure if that is still true.

It seems like he has matured and Vettel has taken his "reputation", tbh. IMO.
Quote from zeugnimod :I'm not sure if that is still true.

It seems like he has matured and Vettel has taken his "reputation", tbh. IMO.

He still has it i think, its just he now knows how to control it, hes outright pace compared to Button is quite large, but diminishes a bit in changing conditions.

Webber Is like Button but probably a bit better Qualifyer, where as Vettel is like a more aggressive more mistake prone Hamilton in rookie season.
Who do I think will: Webber. Hes got the quickest car on the grid and is driving more maturely then Vettel.

Who do I want to (thats actually got a chance to): Hamilton. I am a fan of McLaren, Button and Hamilton but Hamilton has been performing better this year so I want him to win.

Who deserves it most this year: Hamilton. He hasn't had the quickest car this season but has always finish high up in the order and done so consistently.
Quote from BurnOut69 :I wouldnt say Hamilton is a better driver...he definitely has more speed and is more aggressive, but lacks brains. On the other side, Webber can drive AND think.

Voted for Webber!

Where was Webber's thinking brain in Valencia, Turkey, and Australia then?

And Hamilton can't think? How does a driver who's won in every season he has ever competed in F1, as well as fight for the title in his very first season and beating the reigning world champion in the process have no brains??? eerr...

Webber has had the most dominant car this year, and despite this (through mistakes of his own) is behind Hamilton who drivers a lesser car.

I think has done a fantastic job this year, but Hamilton is quite clearly a better driver.
One cant argue with blind fanboyism, but the poll results are right there
The poll is not "who's the best driver?" it's "who will win the the WDC?" which are two entirely different things.
True, it has nothing to do with fanboyism. Just look at Webbers season, he screwed his team (on purpose or not) and his home-race for example.
Realistically: Hamilton

Who would I prefer: Hamilton

Who deserves it: Seriously, nobody. This is the worst F1 season I have ever seen, to be honest.
Quote from Danny LFS :This is the worst F1 season I have ever seen, to be honest.

lol.

That leaves me speecheless.

What are your arguments Danny?
F1 today is just the Saturday qualifying session, to decide the starting positions, and then everybody plays follow-the-leader for like 70 laps or so... Bernie must do something, or IndyCar will be the new F1.
Quote from Danny LFS :F1 today is just the Saturday qualifying session, to decide the starting positions, and then everybody plays follow-the-leader for like 70 laps or so... Bernie must do something, or IndyCar will be the new F1.

Which races have you actually watched from start to finish?
Quote from zeugnimod :Which races have you actually watched from start to finish?

He watched Bahrain then gave up
Quote from jakeeatworld :He watched Bahrain then gave up

This is the best season of F1 since Micheal Schumacher started hes career IMO.

Bahrain though was the most boring bahrain since it started, but that probably had to do with the lame ass extended layout more then anything.
Quote from JazzOn :True, it has nothing to do with fanboyism. Just look at Webbers season, he screwed his team (on purpose or not) and his home-race for example.

Are you seeing this from a neutral perspective or Marko Helmuts perspective?
Quote from Intrepid :Where was Webber's thinking brain in Valencia, Turkey, and Australia then?

Valencia was quite unfair although it was hes fault. Turkey idk how you can blame him for and for Australia what he did agree was stupid.

Quote from Intrepid :And Hamilton can't think? How does a driver who's won in every season he has ever competed in F1, as well as fight for the title in his very first season and beating the reigning world champion in the process have no brains??? eerr...

apart from '09 by which the time he starting winning hes car was fast enough to deliver, was he ever in a car not able to win?
Quote from Intrepid :Webber has had the most dominant car this year, and despite this (through mistakes of his own) is behind Hamilton who drivers a lesser car.

Lesser car in most races i guess but in changing conditions the Redbulls do not have the massive advantage they did last year and it shows, Redbulls lame take offs and bad luck account for alot of the reasons why he is behind as well.

Some people say the points table doesn't lie(which would be true for most Motorsports, considering they are in equal machinery) but in reality it does and it does badly.
I would like to add Webber has done a fantastic job this year against Seb, but up to this point few would argue that Hamilton hasn't been the best driver. At times this year his car has been over a second off the RedBull. How Webber or Vettel aren't a country mile ahead I do not know.

In regards to Turkey you can blame Webber for some of it. He left room up the inside which was stupid, and that meant he invited Vettel to do something even more stupid. Vettel was technically at fault, but it was Webber who created the situation for this to occur. However my point about Webber was in reaction to the idea he had more racing brain than Hamilton, which is utter tosh.

The smartest thing Webber did was kick up a stink about Silverstone. It forced RedBull to play into his hands because they are so marketing aware that they want to avoid any controversy.

But this is RedBull's championship to lose. it's as simple as that
Quote from Danny LFS :F1 today is just the Saturday qualifying session, to decide the starting positions, and then everybody plays follow-the-leader for like 70 laps or so... Bernie must do something, or IndyCar will be the new F1.

Obviously quali has had a very important role since the late 1990s, so nothing new there, really. Or did you miss every single season between 1997 and 2009 perhaps?

Seems like you shutted your TV for good after Bahrein anyway. Because that one season is the closer one since the early 1980s, and probably more entertaining track action wise than most of the 2000s ones.
Quote from Intrepid :I would like to add Webber has done a fantastic job this year against Seb, but up to this point few would argue that Hamilton hasn't been the best driver. At times this year his car has been over a second off the RedBull. How Webber or Vettel aren't a country mile ahead I do not know.

In regards to Turkey you can blame Webber for some of it. He left room up the inside which was stupid, and that meant he invited Vettel to do something even more stupid. Vettel was technically at fault, but it was Webber who created the situation for this to occur. However my point about Webber was in reaction to the idea he had more racing brain than Hamilton, which is utter tosh.

The smartest thing Webber did was kick up a stink about Silverstone. It forced RedBull to play into his hands because they are so marketing aware that they want to avoid any controversy.

But this is RedBull's championship to lose. it's as simple as that

Hamilton did the same thing with Button on the other side and other then button hitting him he passed him, whats the difference?

Not saying Webber is better then Hamilton because Hamilton has more then shown IMO that hes the best current driver, im just saying the way your judging it is quite unfairly based.

Kubica has been driving quite good but because the machinery isn't there you can't judge wether or not hes on the same level, which is where i come to the conclusion of judging a driver in F1 is much harder then looking at single accidents and points tables.

all we know really is

Hamilton > Button
Webber > Vettel(Overall)
Alonso > Massa
Kubica >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Petrov
Quote from Mustafur :Are you seeing this from a neutral perspective or Marko Helmuts perspective?

Well, i meant Turkey in particular, like Intrepid mentioned. There was no point fighting his teamate at this point with 20 laps to go. Even if they both had made it to the corner, they'd have had to slow down massively and the mclarens (i think hamilton was next, iirc) most likely taken them both (1 in corner exit and the other with slipstream)

As for the comparison with the Mclaren duell at that track, they left eachother alot of space. Webber was that far left, that there was literally just enough space for a wheel, if at all.

So which way you look at it, Webber isn't the Brain by any means.

PSE:
Quote from Mustafur :
Webber > Vettel(Overall)

I wouldn't say that. Webber should have a lot of experience, while Vettel is handeled as the new MSC or whatever, and that pressure is something he can't handle it seems. I think basically, Vettel is the better driver (overall).
Quote from JazzOn :I wouldn't say that. Webber should have a lot of experience, while Vettel is handeled as the new MSC or whatever, and that pressure is something he can't handle it seems. I think basically, Vettel is the better driver (overall).

If Vettel can't handle the pressure and he is being beaten by his team mate then right now, as of today, he is a lesser driver. Now we could factor in projected future success if we want, but it muddles it all up. Webber is doing a better job.
Quote from Intrepid :If Vettel can't handle the pressure and he is being beaten by his team mate then right now, as of today, he is a lesser driver. Now we could factor in projected future success if we want, but it muddles it all up. Webber is doing a better job.

Better - yes. With his experience and the car he drives, he should actually pawn the whole field, which he doesn't.

That was my original point
Hamilton Through and through
Quote from JazzOn :Better - yes. With his experience and the car he drives, he should actually pawn the whole field, which he doesn't.

That was my original point

If he is better then how is he worse?

Webber has more then shown he is a better racer so far this season then Vettel and since the WDC isn't decided by pole positions its why Webber is better then Vettel.
Quote from Mustafur :If he is better then how is he worse?

Webber has more then shown he is a better racer so far this season then Vettel and since the WDC isn't decided by pole positions its why Webber is better then Vettel.

umm.... when i said "better - yes" i responded to intrepid saying "webber is doing a better job".

So to conclude, yes, webber is leading in the points table and therefore does a better job, but if the material would have had not failed in the first races on vettels car, things would be different...

Webber = Average

However, gday
If Vettel would be a better overtaker, things would be different as well.

Who will win the title?
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG