The online racing simulator
No one driving the V8s anymore?
(39 posts, started )
No one driving the V8s anymore?
I been searching on the S-S servers, and I see drivers using MRTs, FOX and BF1s, but not v8s.

Doesn't anyone want to drive the v8s anymore? I feel lonely .
Quote from BigDave2967 :I been searching on the S-S servers, and I see drivers using MRTs, FOX and BF1s, but not v8s.

Doesn't anyone want to drive the v8s anymore? I feel lonely .

give me a few days, just getting used to a new dfp and learning to handle the v8
I'd rather drive the FO8 than the BF1. Trouble is I'm always up for some unusual combo and it's never online, and I get bored on my own when no bugger joins, so I admit defeat and join one of the handful of nicely populated servers (10+ racers). Too many damn combos available for the amount of people online, especially when all the road car servers are drift servers, a few oval servers suck another load of racers and then there's another 9 servers running 3 combos between them, which seem over driven.
The Fo8 is great after the new patch. Kinda like the FOX handling wise but with a ton more power. Shame there are few servers that run it, I may switch the tsr server to it and open it up..
I think i'll be spending alot of time i the formula cars when i unlock later on :P

Then again, anything faster than the XRT would be fun
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I absolutely love the F08 after the patch. To me it's like a faster, better FOX. Shame no one drives it.

To all the FOX fans: I really really encourage you to try the F08. It's a blast to drive, and trust me, it CAN really provide some very fun, CLOSE racing. Just try it
#7 - joen
Yes, there should definitely be more variation.

FE green/FOX is great, although you see that one more often lately
AS Club/FOX is great
Kyoto National and GP/FOX is great
Westhill/FO8 is great
Anything/FO8 would be great actually, would love to do more races in it.

It seems most people want quick 5 lap races on short tracks only.

I like SO Classic with the FOX though, but it gets very boring doing that every night. Plus, it's too short and too hectic with a full field imo.

There were hardly any races in the FO8 before the patch though, with the exception of the oval. Since then the BF1 has taken its place there so there's nothing left. The FO8 probably still has the reputation of being a difficult car, which it really isn't.
#8 - jtr99
Quote from szyszek :To all the FOX fans: I really really encourage you to try the F08. It's a blast to drive, and trust me, it CAN really provide some very fun, CLOSE racing. Just try it

Will do!
Pls do write what you think of it after
I tried setting up FO8 on Westhill server last week. Results were poor. Spent over hour our there 2 other players joined and other left as soon as he came Maybe I'll have to give it another try.
about 2 weeks ago there were plenty of fv8 hosts, i would be racing, but noone is hosting that car right now, its so fun, i've never hated the car, but i personally see the FOX to be a more challenge than the FV8, there is a ton more steering involved, but.. thats just me, i can control the fv8 quite well
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#12 - joen
Quote from thisnameistaken :So you say there should be more variation, then suggest three combos using the same (already probably the most popular) car?

No, I mean there should be more variaton in general, for every car. Those were just some examples I can think of much more.
I love the FOX and I definitely want to keep driving it, but just not on the same tracks every night. Especially because I improve myself much faster when I'm racing online.
Apart from that, I love the FO8 as well, and with that car I can hardly ever find a race. And I said that anything/FO8 would be great so that's actually the most examples in a way But maybe I should have limited my examples to the FO8.

I think many of the big servers should consider changing tracks and draw some attention to other tracks. Take the UKCT, I think they have one of the best servers with good admins, and I applaud them for it, but it's SO Classic/FOX every night.
Set up the tsr server for FO8's at WE1, may change the track to As National if no one joins since that track + FO8 is great. Easy to race but hard to race fast and consistantly

Our server is usually quiet, but we'll see..
i say we go to FV8 in so classic... all hell will break loose lol that track with that car is so much fun, and so few people know about those two together

owell.. atleast there are servers :/

looking at some graphics at LFSworld.. in the past month we have lost a good 100 racers, our last peek was 2 days ago, and it was just over 500 racers
... but there are still ~450 servers running constantly, if every server ran 20 spots, thats 9,000 spots... so think about how many empty servers run every day; last time i've noticed, i have never been online when 100+ servers are running full of people
A little off topic, but the GTR's on FE club can be quite entertaining
#16 - mr_x
i've also noticed that UF1's seem to have lost popularity completely, shame, it's my favourite car! i haven't seen a populated server running UF1s for about a month now
I like to drive the F08!

It's my favourite car besides the FOX which is very easy to drive. Need more thrill.
#18 - Goop
Quote from szyszek :I absolutely love the F08 after the patch. To me it's like a faster, better FOX. Shame no one drives it.

:iagree:

Car of the game after the patch, easily.

Let's have a dedicated and well-policed FO8-only server
Quote from Goop :Let's have a dedicated and well-policed FO8-only server

Quote from Christian Held :which is very easy to drive. Need more thrill.

your going too slow then

at the paces i go its hard to control the FOX, its not an easy car to control lol
Yea, FOX steering through the tight corners in racing speed is quite "challenging", becouse if oversteer comes, then you have no hope of recovery usually (something depends on setup too). But FO8 is just so entertaining. The way it looks like, is really cool and the "special aura" it has. I have to admit it too, one day i just looked for FO8 servers, but nothing . Only BF1, FOX or MRT (in S-S class). AND what i would like to see, is server of full people, with all cars unlocked, but people do not drive only with BF1, but with all cars, so it is really cool to see FOX passing you and you passing XRG..

Heres my fake 2 cents
F08 is my least driven car since the patch. I would also like to give it a proper try now on some thing other than the Oval.

Having said that , I would like to also see a return of the F08/Oval combo. for some reason the F08 just seems faster to me on the oval than the BF1
Quote from Mauni :I tried setting up FO8 on Westhill server last week. Results were poor. Spent over hour our there 2 other players joined and other left as soon as he came Maybe I'll have to give it another try.

one of those 2 players was me!!! so unfortunate that i had to go few minutes later, also i was a real noob with fo8 because since patch u no one drives it anymore...i don't even made a setup for it!!!

it's a real shame that lfs servers tends to standardize, always the same combos, many server with the same combo...ufff, so boring...
#24 - Vain
I enjoyed the FO8 on As North alot. I did that combo for a while after the patch. But I've been rather busy the last weeks and my LFS-time is covered by leagues.

Vain
there will be FO8s racing soon, Open wheel racing league are racing this weekend on Aston Grand Prix, and there servers are open to all.
so go in GoodServer.de[owrl]#1 and i bet they will follow. just keep the track on Aston Grand Prix.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG