The online racing simulator
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :In other news, according to this amateur footage, Massa gained a huge unfair advantage at the start, stopping 1-1,5 meter further than his grid slot at the start.

Incredibely, the marshalls and the stewards never spotted this. The start was given like that, and Massa has never been under investigation so far.

Weird isn't it? I belive he didn't do it on purpose though, since there was much more to loose than to win in that manoever. But hopefully everyone will be more careful on this if this kind of rare incident happen again in the future.

Love the fact in that video you hear the annoying whine of the F1 cars, and when that sound disappears you hear the awesome sound of the AMG Merc V8
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :In other news, according to this amateur footage, Massa gained a huge unfair advantage at the start, stopping 1-1,5 meter further than his grid slot at the start.

Incredibely, the marshalls and the stewards never spotted this. The start was given like that, and Massa has never been under investigation so far.

Brundle(I think) mentioned it and guessed it would result in a drive through, maybe none of the other teams bothered to mention it to the stewards.

Regarding Vettel, I think he had too much engine breaking going on while steering around button, looks exactly like that.

Quote from hyntty :That's exactly why F1 cars have a reverse gears. Knob.

Yep, Michael Schumacher did it one year at Indy (2002 IIRC), and he just engaged reverse and rolled it back.
Maybe Ferrari wanted one less car in front of Alonso? Quick DT for Massa and that's one less car for Alonso to pass. Maybe that's why the stewards awarded no penalty.

Gotta love the ol' conspiracy theories, but he missed by quite an obvious chunk
I love conspiracy theories.
A tip for Seb ...
maybe the stewards / other teams just thought massa had suffered enough under ferrari so decided to turn a blind eye and give him back some of the distance he lost to alonso in germany, or maybe they just thought it would be funny when alonso found out.

no doubt next race alonso will be demanding that he's allowed to start 1 1/2 meters in front of the pole position car and massa has to start facing backwards and has to push start his car.
Still, punishment can't happen now.
Quote from Mustafur :Still, punishment can't happen now.

They cannot give away any time penalty for Spa since the results are official now, but I guess they could perhaps give a grid penalty for Monza.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :They cannot give away any time penalty for Spa since the results are official now, but I guess they could perhaps give a grid penalty for Monza.

I don't even think they could do that.

Im pretty sure it has to be picked during the race for any punishment at all to happen.
Quote from Mustafur :I don't even think they could do that.

Im pretty sure it has to be picked during the race for any punishment at all to happen.

The best example is the penalty given to Schumacher a month ago.

Investigation started after the results get official-->Schumacher found guilty, although it's too late to give him a time penalty-->Grid penalty for next race
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :They cannot give away any time penalty for Spa since the results are official now, but I guess they could perhaps give a grid penalty for Monza.

1.5 meters penalty maybe ?

if they penalise him 10 places he'll just sneak forwward anyway
Quote from Comment on planet-f1.com :brent says...

"So Felipe we want you to drop back behind Alonso as quickly as possible, the easiest way is a drive through penalty, so make sure your outside your starting box". The plan was going perfectly until Barrichello, who had overheard the plan, defended his longtime friend Felipe by punting Alonso off on the first lap. This caused real problems at Ferrari. Domemicali called Monte, who text Todt, who was watching the race with Mosely, who told him to "call Whiting and tell him don't penalize Felipe, Alonso will pit for rain tires and pass him anyway". Todt then text back to Monte, who had Domenicali on hold, and told him to put Alonso on inters and he would win the race. If it hadn't been for the speed of Hamiton going around the track, creating enough centrifugal force to push back the rain, the Devil driver and the Evil Doers would have triumphed. All Hail Hamilsaviour and the castle Mclaren.

Says it all
Haha epic.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG