The online racing simulator
Russia In Colour A Century Ago
(20 posts, started )
An interesting thing.

http://www.boston.com/bigpictu ... _color_a_century_ago.html
A set of photos using an (at the time) revolutionary technique for taking colour photos. As the article says, the quality is so good it's almost impossible to grasp that you're looking at things as they were over 100 years ago.
I've seen some of Gorskii's work before, absolutely amazing for it's time. Shame there isn't that many true colour pictures from that era.
Woah... :cry:

I've always wondered when looking at old B&W photos, how it was in color. Now I have some idea.
Truly amazing work.

Thanks for sharing, Crash.
#4 - senn
Thanks for sharing this. I don't know why but this kind of stuff always intrigues me
Awesome.
Thanks for sharing.
Gotta be one of the best things I've seen pop up on the net for a while.
In soviet russia, cameras do revolution.
#8 - Lible
Thanks for the link, has some of his pix I haven't seen yet.
Like most things in life the passage of time emphasises the things that are important .
Stunning Images a glimpse into another world and way of life ... profound stuff.
Quote from Intrepid :Gotta be one of the best things I've seen pop up on the net for a while.

agreed
+1

Great post, a welcome change from most.

AAnt
#7 & #28 - damn, it must suck to wear those in the summer.

nice pictures though.
amazing pictures, thanks for sharing!
Amazing

Am I the only person who has a tendency to think that people lived in black and white pre-1960s?
Quote from J@tko :

Am I the only person who has a tendency to think that people lived in black and white pre-1960s?

It's a funny thought... ...and before the photographic age everyone lived in books.
wow them pictures are better than current pictures
Let me guess its the colour red? :P
But i dont know it all looked far to modern....to me.
Quote from brt900 :wow them pictures are better than current pictures

If you were to use a film with a frame size like the glass plates he used... The results would be absolutely insane.

A shot costs a fortune then though .

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG