The online racing simulator
FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps)
For me personally one of the greatest tracks of the season and just an hour drive from my home. I hope there will be more action then last year's race ( Button and Hamilton OUT in lap 1).

Statistics

Race Date: 29 Aug 2010
Circuit Name:
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Number of Laps: 44
Circuit Length:
7.004 km
Race Distance: 308.052 km
Lap Record: 1:45.108 - K Raikkonen (2004)

Schedule (local)

Fri 27 August 2010 Practice 1 10:00 - 11:30
Practice 2 14:00 - 15:30
Sat 28 August 2010 Practice 3 11:00 - 12:00
Qualifying
14:00
Sun 29 August 2010 Race 14:00

Last year's results

Pole: Giancarlo Fisichella Force India-Mercedes 1:46.308
Fastest lap in Q2: Jarno Trulli Toyota 1:44.503
Podium: 1. Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari
2. Giancarlo Fisiscella Force India-Mercedes
3. Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault
Fastest lap in race: Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault
1:47.263
Would be great if Force India had yet another awesome run in qualifying and the race. I'm still waiting for Sutil's first win
Like Jake said, Force India ftw!
I bet Red Bull will be up front again, but Ferrari and Mclaren right up their bumper.
Red Bull will be mighty quick in the 2nd and 3rd sector but have some trouble in the 1st sector. Mclaren will have mega topspeed in 1st sector but have trouble in the 2nd and 3rd sector.
Ferrari will be avg in all the sectors.

All this is my opinion but after what i've seen in the last races this seems possible.

Cant wait!!11
#4 - Osco
I'll always have fond memories of Spa ever since I slept in one of the pitboxes there, pulling an allnighter to get a MX-5 cup car ready for testing.

Hoping for Ferrari to do better without any funny business
Quote from jakeeatworld :Would be great if Force India had yet another awesome run in qualifying and the race. I'm still waiting for Sutil's first win

You and me both.
Down pour anyone?
Red Bull should still win, the only problem is they might not win the first stint.
Maybe we gonna see another new surprise like last year's remarkable pole from Force India driven by Fisichella, with a nice 2nd place in the race. I just read that Renault has developed there own F-duct system, could be handy on the long straight before 'les combes'.

Boullier: "Renault's new F-duct could bring big gains"
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2010/8/11153.html
Considering how handy Renault were without the f-duct, this could be an interesting turn of events!
I wouldn't expect much considering their engines are underpowered badly.
Quote from BlueFlame :Considering how handy Renault were without the f-duct, this could be an interesting turn of events!

if they manage to make it work at it's first event i'll be seriously impressed, every other team has had to tweak it for a race or two and with the exception of sauber, who are on their second version of it, non of them seem to have got the same benefit out of it as mclaren has.

this is where the testing ban really affects things, just like mclaren trying to introduce their blown diffuser, track time is needed to correlate / replicate the CFD / wind tunnel results. whilst it could result in a car having an advantage that the other teams are unable to relicate it does mean that inovation is rewarded for a while and also that different cars have different strengths.

talking of F ducts can anyone work out just why exactly mercedes is apparently desperate to make their's the most complicated aerodynamic solution since concorde? air intakes in front wing assembly area, fed through rear wing uprights and then through the rear wing to the outlets in the middle? seems to be a lot of convoluted passages to flow the air through given the beauty of the f duct on the mclaren was it's simplicity
Practice 2 results

Split Times

Speed Traps

Renault's F-Duct in action!
Yep, looks like it works well
Quote from pasibrzuch :Yep, looks like it works well

looks like it and as i posted previously i'm seriously impressed though it was interesting that he only managed that speed on one lap, on every other lap he was 8 kmh slower so it may have been tow assisted
Quote from tinvek :non of them seem to have got the same benefit out of it as mclaren has.

I think that's cause McLaren built their car around it, while the other teams have had to tack it onto their existing designs. Also it seems most of the other drivers have to operate it with their hand, whereas the McLaren guys are able to use their braking leg, which would seem like another advantage.
#17 - AMB
Go Sutil, great guy and personality
Quote from tinvek :if they manage to make it work at it's first event i'll be seriously impressed, every other team has had to tweak it for a race or two and with the exception of sauber, who are on their second version of it, non of them seem to have got the same benefit out of it as mclaren has.

Well considering the outcome of the 2nd Practice session it seems they've made a pretty good go of it.
this is my opinion on practice sessions as a guide of how a car is doing:

Quote :that'll change come tomorrow
for some reason i find teams hold back right up until q3

Haha what a bullshit, I'm only living about 40 km away from the track and here it raining like a hell but it's all dry there omg.

If it doesnt rain tomorrow it will be a boring race again like all the other races.
Quote from Timo1992 :Haha what a bullshit, I'm only living about 40 km away from the track and here it raining like a hell but it's all dry there omg.

Not anymore.
Vitaly

EDIT: Holy shit. LOL at Legard's computer game comment
Chaos!
Now it gets interesting

FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps)
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG