The online racing simulator
nordeschlefe, or however you spell it

EDIT: and laguna seca.
Botniaring
Quote from Cue-Ball :Have you ever played the original Need For Speed? It had tracks like this and was probably the most fun racing sim I've ever played (including LFS). There were mountain tracks, city tracks, and racing circuits. On the mountain tracks there was traffic traveling in both directions which added a big element of risk to the racing. The city tracks also had traffic, but only in the same direction (racing down the freeway, essentially). Not only did you have to tame the road, but you had to contend with traffic as well, knowing when you could push it and when you should slow down a bit.

I would give almost anything to have the original NFS remade with the physics of LFS.

My friend you spoke exactly what goes in my mind for years....There even was a project called need for speed xms remake but it was more of remaking the old game to run on new systems....
Quote from Cue-Ball :The first Need for Speed wasn't like the later ones. It was fairly realistic for the time. Not to the level of Indy Car Racing or the original NASCAR sims, but pretty good none the less. And it's one of the few games that had point to point tracks, traffic, and decent cars (Supra, NSX, Diablo, etc).

Exactly right my friend...People assosiate nowdays the need for speed francise with ultra fake arcade gameplay but it did not start like that...Sadly even in a interview the sim racing tonight guys did with a hot pursuit 3 employe of criterion the guy said the travesty that their game is the spiritual succesor to the original 1995 game!!!!!!!!!!! MY god.....

The original need for speed was developed in 1994-5 by distinctive software for pioneers debut of 3do.Ea was just publishers then.The game was developed with the help of Road & Track magazine as they helped the devs with the car telemetry and feeling as well with the overall sound capturing and presentation of the game....
It was originaly called Road & Track presents the need for speed and it was among the first games that supported driving wheels with pedals and even custom made shifters.....!!!
As a simulation it had great physics for its time and great collitions and was second only to Crammers Nascar and indycar games....

Also it was the first and last true simulation game to feature real road segments with incoming and upcoming traffic and even cop chases.Also when a cop chased you you didnt play bumber cars with them 100000 times like all newer nfs titles....IF they catch up with you it was over.After 2 tickets(3 in the pc and psx) in the 3d0 version you got arrested.Also the roads were incredible as they were beautifull and long with a coastal road an hillclimb and and highway pass through a city centre..Also the car selection was incredible with nsx,rx7,supra,vette,911,viper,512 tr and diablo perfectly represented....

If only someone made a sim like that today using the rfactor 2 engine or the lfs engine or something....
I will be happy if i will see a big city with traffic lights and walking people it will be pefect.
Quote from IIrmantass1525 :I will be happy if i will see a big city with traffic lights and walking people it will be pefect.

You don't need traffic lights on a race track.
Well carried myself on the previus post so i decided to make another...

I would love to see many tracks in lfs but unless the devs open the car/track code we we never going to see any of them..Making cars and even more tracks requires a hell of a lot of time and with one person you can imagine how incredibly difficult it is...

Just look and take example what ISI did with Rfactor..They made a solid engine and let the users do whatever they imagined...Yes there were thousands of rubbish mods but among the usual simmer that wanted to become a developer there were some incredibly gifted,crafted and talented people that eventually produces some absolutly astonishing tracks and car mods.

From where can i really start ? Especially after the real feel update people went haywire and started making some mind blowing quality tracks like norchlife,spa,monza,rouen,magny course,le mans,laguna seca,silvelstone,brand hatch,lienz,mount panorama,suzuka,valencia,pau,oran park,eastern creek,isle of man,barcelona,monako,bathurst and even the incredible 70 mile targa florio!!! And about cars ?Well there are a ton of incredibly modeled cars with excellent physics as well.All this are seperated by the casual joe average tracks by being in the top tracks and cars section in rfactor central.Also the are yearly contest for the best tracks and cars with many real life prizes to motivate people .

The same could be done in lfs.There are many really talented people here and in LFSMODS...Do i have to even talk about Electrik Kar's track updates or the reflectios/sky/interior updates of LYNCE ?
And there are many more poeple that are equally or even more skilled...

And before people starting to moan about the quality of these mods or that they will be incompatible with each physics update this is not really a problem.Initially Devs could make a contest of making the best realistic real life car models -minus the badges ofcourse of the games "fantasy" cars...(We all know the actual cars..) The best models would be integrated in lfs and there would be a honorable mention of the authors in the end credits...That would be more than enough for a lot of people to start making incredible models...
Also there would not be a problem with incompatibility or bad physics as physics would not be affected at all only the models...
Eventually there could be a contest of improving the existing tracks or making a new track.The best improvements would be integrated in the main game as well as the best track could be added to the game....
If the prize winners would win a small real life prize than even more people would start trying making a mod,or spend that extra hour,day,week to make it absolutly perfect....
Quote from justasimfan :Well carried myself on the previus post so i decided to make another...

I would love to see many tracks in lfs but unless the devs open the car/track code we we never going to see any of them..Making cars and even more tracks requires a hell of a lot of time and with one person you can imagine how incredibly difficult it is...

Just look and take example what ISI did with Rfactor..They made a solid engine and let the users do whatever they imagined...Yes there were thousands of rubbish mods but among the usual simmer that wanted to become a developer there were some incredibly gifted,crafted and talented people that eventually produces some absolutly astonishing tracks and car mods.

From where can i really start ? Especially after the real feel update people went haywire and started making some mind blowing quality tracks like norchlife,spa,monza,rouen,magny course,le mans,laguna seca,silvelstone,brand hatch,lienz,mount panorama,suzuka,valencia,pau,oran park,eastern creek,isle of man,barcelona,monako,bathurst and even the incredible 70 mile targa florio!!! And about cars ?Well there are a ton of incredibly modeled cars with excellent physics as well.All this are seperated by the casual joe average tracks by being in the top tracks and cars section in rfactor central.Also the are yearly contest for the best tracks and cars with many real life prizes to motivate people .

The same could be done in lfs.There are many really talented people here and in LFSMODS...Do i have to even talk about Electrik Kar's track updates or the reflectios/sky/interior updates of LYNCE ?

And before people starting to moan about the quality of these mods or that they will be incompatible with each physics update this is not really a problem.Initially Devs could make a contest of making the best realistic real life car models -minus the badges ofcourse of the games "fantasy" cars...(We all know the actual cars..) The best models would be integrated in lfs and there would be a honorable mention of the authors in the end credits...That would be more than enough for a lot of people to start making incredible models...
Also there would not be a problem with incompatibility or bad physics as physics would not be affected at all only the models...
Eventually there could be a contest of improving the existing tracks or making a new track.The best improvements would be integrated in the main game as well as the best track could be added to the game....
If the prize winners would win a small real life prize than even more people would start trying making a mod,or spend that extra hour,day,week to make it absolutly perfect....

Real cars requires licence or it is illegal to use without a permission Also why anyone would buy a licence if they just simply could replace their current cars with tons of new cars for completely free? Insane. Also how about wr's and hotlaps? If there would be 55473 cars in the game it would be impossible to keep up all the records in lfsworld hotlap charts and would make making setups rather frustrating for tons of new cars
i know i haven't got even the S2 but when i will buy a wheel i will buy S3 and as tracks i would like is something long like nordscleife, something in desert like the dubai grand prix circuit, even a mountain route like the japanese mountains where drift begins. a lot of tight turns
Quote :would be impossible to keep up all the records in lfsworld hotlap charts and would make making setups rather frustrating for tons of new cars

Who said users couldn't make their own setups? Diversity is racing isn't it?

The way i see it, If you let everyone create their own setup and upload it, you start classing setups as general (Like, Instead of it being "XRG" "XFG" Etc.. It would be "GTi Setups" And all cars classed as GTi Would be in that class) Then i suppose you could do GTR Setups, And The skins for all these cars doesn't seem to be to hard to feat either, Everyone can skin something they really enjoy So that really shouldn't be a problem, But if you have a family tree of stuff to select from, I again see no problems..

But.. Road America, That would be AWESOME! Even for the demo cars it would be sweet as hell to race something authentic, I can't imagine what you S2-Spolier-GTR-Series people would think about it.

Not even that, A real winding track like suggested would be insanely sweet, having to really sit there and adjust your setups to be good on ONE section of the track, Were you can fly infront of everyone, And then on the other sections you just try and hold ground. Nordschleife And Numburg, But then i also agree some rain conditions, Would be very very sweet as well, Having dry tracks on endurance, Then having to pit and equip rain tires, All of this sounds so fun to drive in, But it must be a total bi*** to code

So i'm just going to throw my two cents into this pit of cents.. xD

Weather
Nascar type races (Where if you have a full grid on Kyoto ring, If someone crashes, A caution comes out and everyone drives at 45 MPH behind a pace car, Or Pit limiter speed, Also allows them to heat their tires)
Stock cars
Dirt track cars
Monster trucks ( Seriously, Lol. Tire physics on that.. )
i wanna see spa or maybe monza those 2 are great
Quote from zeugnimod :You don't need traffic lights on a race track.

dude why do u always comment on posts and ruin it for people is that wat u do on this website GOD!!!
Quote from thepros :dude why do u always comment on posts and ruin it for people is that wat u do on this website GOD!!!

He is the God, FYI
Nurburgring on cruise servers... heaven.
Quote from thepros :dude why do u always comment on posts and ruin it for people is that wat u do on this website GOD!!!

Yep, over 12000 times.

I'm the master ruiner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justasimfan
Well carried myself on the previus post so i decided to make another...

Real cars requires licence or it is illegal to use without a permission Also why anyone would buy a licence if they just simply could replace their current cars with tons of new cars for completely free? Insane. Also how about wr's and hotlaps? If there would be 55473 cars in the game it would be impossible to keep up all the records in lfsworld hotlap charts and would make making setups rather frustrating for tons of new cars

-My friend if you read my whole rather..long post you would realize that i am talking about making real cars but name it differently and have different badges.For example instead of a prancing horse have a prancing goat....
It's perfectly legal to have as much real cars that way without paying rights.the same apply to tracks.You can have real locations as long as the name is different.
And about 55473 cars that will break the game that's ridiculus.AS I STATED BEFORE A CONTEST will sort this thing from happening.Make a contest to replace initially only the models of the existing cars with real life counterparts.Leave the physics to the devs.Run the contest for a few months and than choose the BEST models to replace the rather dated current ones.Have the new lfs version integrate the best models and then make another contest ,were a specific car or cars will be made as devs can work on the physics of that car seperately and the modders can work on making the best damn model of that specified car....

Really lfs devs should think about doing this.Come on guys if we all together ask the scawen,eric and victor about this at least they may give it a shot...All they have to do anyways is make an announcement in the main page of a contest...
Quote from justasimfan :Really lfs devs should think about doing this.Come on guys if we all together ask the scawen,eric and victor about this at least they may give it a shot...

No, they wouldn't.

Sorry, but you really sound like a broken record by now.
Austin Formula 1 Track - Very unique
At first glance you might think you were looking at the updated Hockenheim Circuit. Further inspection, and peak at the elevation and its a whole new story. The first turn is very unique design with a steep climb into a tight left hander and into a steep decline into what seems like an infinite number of ‘S’ turns. Maybe they should name it the ‘double, double’, or turn ‘SS turn’. All with slight different apexses and an elevation climb on the last one turn. A long back straight leading into the best passing spot, and into the notorious Tilke ‘mickey mouse’ section that challenges cars for mechanical grip. The last few turns look a lot like the first three turns at Road America in reverse.

Download Hi-res PDFs files:
F1 USGP BasicTrack LayoutwElevation
Draft Track Layout F1 USGP

Source: F1 News Austin
Attached images
F1-USGP-BasicTrack-LayoutwElevation.png
Draft-Track-Layout-F1-USGP.png
Quote from Hankstar :Nordschleife? Yes, that was me.

I would pay whatever it cost's for that.
Quote from adamshl :snip

We do not know yet how it'll look IRL, so why asking for it on LFS
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :We do not know yet how it'll look IRL, so why asking for it on LFS

True, we do not know but it's not a problem, because Hermann Tilke knows how it'll look IRL.
The track is to be ready in 2012. We know how fast is the progress of work on the development of LFS, the track could be ready before S3 release.
IMHO there will be no S3... It has been way too long since the last update... :S

Scawen has lost his interest for this game. He has a life now. So good bye LFS.
Quote from DaHandy :Scawen has lost his interest for this game. He has a life now. So good bye LFS.

Quote from DaHandy :IMHO there will be no S3... It has been way too long since the last update... :S

Scawen has lost his interest for this game. He has a life now. So good bye LFS.

7 posts mean you haven't read much of this forum either. Look up scawen's profile and check the dates of his latest forum responses...

Quote from zeugnimod :No, they wouldn't.
Quote :Really lfs devs should think about doing this.Come on guys if we all together ask the scawen,eric and victor about this at least they may give it a shot...

Sorry, but you really sound like a broken record by now.

+100

JustASimFan -- TRY to create a sim - and stick a Lancer Evolution in it - with the LANCER label, Mitsubishi, the Car body, the markings on the wheels.....

You will be bankrupt ...... Mitsubishi will empty your pockets.......

LFS cant just "Add" licensed cars to the sim without acquiring the rights to do so. Scawen is too busy coding to deal with 'rights' and random content permissions.....

ImJustASimFan ----

... no comment.
I would like to see a Open track for cruise servers !

A track like South city for e.g that has a few diff routes ! but have it all open !

Tracks we wanna see in S3
(509 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG