The online racing simulator
Mafia II
(231 posts, started )
Remember to turn Driving mode to simulation, it's much more fun that way... you can powerslide and stuff...
#27 - Uke
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Remember to turn Driving mode to simulation, it's much more fun that way... you can powerslide and stuff...

id you say... powerslide? Yeeeaahooow!!!
#28 - SamH
Quote from DevilDare :Franky, can I just say. No need for, "be ashamed" talk....

Dont bother saying you never pirated something....

From where I'm sitting, the shame is on LFS members who know better, dragging this forum down. Do what you want on your machine on your own time, but there's no justification or excuse for taking this forum with you - a GAME developer's forum of all places, for goodness sake!
yeah, you can drift
#30 - Uke
Quote from Gabkicks :yeah, you can drift

Well I have tried it in Sim Mode, yes you can drift but the car still feels very odd and the damage isn't so great either. The best arcade game driving physics IMO is in GTA IV.
Quote from Uke :Well I have tried it in Sim Mode, yes you can drift but the car still feels very odd and the damage isn't so great either. The best arcade game driving physics IMO is in GTA IV.

Ye, well, that's the point of a simulation mode; to be less arcadishke.

And another thing is that the cars are totally different to the type of cars in GTA - they're old.

I just hope the wheel will be recognised. Driving with keyboard is just freaking annoying (for obvious reasons)
bonnet cam on GTA IV rocks. especailly when the graphics are at max and you have alot of traffic.
Quote from JazzOn :Ye, well, that's the point of a simulation mode; to be less arcadishke.

Both games have "arcade" physics and car behaviour.

GTA does it better. I'm out of here... :hide:

PS: I've just pre-ordered Mafia II.
Quote from jibber :

Do you seriously expect hardcore physics a la Netkar/LFS/iRacing?

Mafia 2 / Dice got the handling of the cars back then, pretty much down awesomely.

"GTA does it better..." Arcade - yes, Simulation - nope.

PS: yes, i saw what you're doing there, you're trolling [etals:]

PPS: Uke too
#35 - Uke
Quote from jibber :Both games have "arcade" physics and car behaviour.

PS: I've just pre-ordered Mafia II.

Yes, even with sim mode on the mafia cars just hard to drive, not realistic. Also not fun to drive, in GTA IV however it's fun to drive cars
#37 - Uke
Quote from JazzOn :Do you seriously expect hardcore physics a la Netkar/LFS/iRacing?

Mafia 2 / Dice got the handling of the cars back then, pretty much down awesomely.

"GTA does it better..." Arcade - yes, Simulation - nope.

PS: yes, i saw what you're doing there, you're trolling [etals:]

PPS: Uke too

Well. IMO The cars in Mafia II still do not behave realistically, and are not fun to drive.

And I wasn't trolling

The more important point is that the cars are not fun to drive.
I can't even comment on the Arcade physics, as I haven't even drove a mile with them enabled.

Quote from Uke :Yes, even with sim mode on the mafia cars just hard to drive, not realistic. Also not fun to drive, in GTA IV however it's fun to drive cars

That is the whole point in Simulation physics. The cars are meant to be more of a challenge to drive fast.

I seriously cannot see how you think the cars in Mafia 2 are not fun to drive though. Coming sideways out of your driveway with both the rear wheels smoking like mad is awesome! Personally though, I think the handling is quite realistic. Go play the demo again, and drive with a controller, not a keyboard.

If you take notice, the cars steering is slow, the suspension is soft and bouncy, and the cars tyres are of a huge profile, which means the car is slow to react to input...In my opinion, that is the way a 1950's car with leaf springs should react!
#39 - Uke
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I can't even comment on the Arcade physics, as I haven't even drove a mile with them enabled.

That is the whole point in Simulation physics. The cars are meant to be more of a challenge to drive fast.

I seriously cannot see how you think the cars in Mafia 2 are not fun to drive though. Coming sideways out of your driveway with both the rear wheels smoking like mad is awesome! Personally though, I think the handling is quite realistic. Go play the demo again, and drive with a controller, not a keyboard.

If you take notice, the cars steering is slow, the suspension is soft and bouncy, and the cars tyres are of a huge profile, which means the car is slow to react to input...In my opinion, that is the way a 1950's car with leaf springs should react!

Ok ok you win, but for me the cars just aren't fun to drive, going to try with my ps2 controller. If I get it to work.

Can't get it to work, do I need a XBOX 360 controller or something?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I can't even comment on the Arcade physics, as I haven't even drove a mile with them enabled.

exactly, no power steering, abs, tc. cars back then were made of steel (i think lol) and so would be heavy. drum brakes too so slow to respond.
Quote from Uke :
The more important point is that the cars are not fun to drive.

Correct would be, that you don't like the cars then.

You have to remember that the cars back then were a lot heavier (no Alu or CF) and had a tyre-width half (heck even a 3rd) of what the tyres of today have, which simply means, that alone, provides half the grip.

E: doh, site refresh ftw.
Quote from zeugnimod :+100

It's getting really really bad on some evenings when some certain people are around.

Wait, I wasn't around in this thread or the last
Quote from Uke :Ok ok you win, but for me the cars just aren't fun to drive, going to try with my ps2 controller. If I get it to work.

Can't get it to work, do I need a XBOX 360 controller or something?

I have no idea. I'm pretty sure people have managed to get PS2 controllers working on LFS with the adapters you can buy off eBay, so maybe it would work on PC. I know that the Xbox 360 PC Controllers work on Mafia 2 though.
I played it with my 360 controller.. it has the usual standard XInput that most games now have.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I have no idea. I'm pretty sure people have managed to get PS2 controllers working on LFS with the adapters you can buy off eBay, so maybe it would work on PC. I know that the Xbox 360 PC Controllers work on Mafia 2 though.

I have a X-Converter for Xbox 360, I used it to use my PS2 controller on the PC and it mimics the Xbox controller for PC, so vibration and everything works! Used it on Mafia II earlier today
#46 - Uke
Quote from lukelfs :I have a X-Converter for Xbox 360, I used it to use my PS2 controller on the PC and it mimics the Xbox controller for PC, so vibration and everything works! Used it on Mafia II earlier today

Maybe my adapter is just shit
ii just bought a usb 360 joypad. it's a xbox360 pad but usb at the end. i hardly even have to configure it. games just pick it up and i'm good to go.
Quote from BlueFlame :Wait, I wasn't around in this thread or the last

At least you realized that I was talking about you.
Quote from zeugnimod :At least you realized that I was talking about you.

You can fck the straight way off! blueflame is the coolest lfsforumer.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :You can fck the straight way off! blueflame is the coolest lfsforumer.

I am not surprised that you think that.

Mafia II
(231 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG