The online racing simulator
More and better Moderators
(66 posts, started )
Quote from thisnameistaken :I thought all the moderators had buggered off to play iRacing? I haven't seen one around here for ages.

franky's been busy with life stuff (loss in the family?)
bob's been making some driving mmo
as for sam, xcnuse, fonnybone, and gunn... dunno.
Quote from Bose321 :I never posted, or posted links of illegal software, I just said the game is leaked, did I post a link to the download? Did I post the game here? Not that I know...

Don't think Bose is a bad person.

He writes lot of reviews for games on a well visited gaming website of the Netherlands, he also gets games sponsored to him to test out and review.

He ain't a bad person who crascks software, believe me.
Quote from bunder9999 :franky's been busy with life stuff (loss in the family?)
bob's been making some driving mmo
as for sam, xcnuse, fonnybone, and gunn... dunno.

Just FTR I wasn't fishing for info nor do I want any, that's just what I thought.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Just FTR I wasn't fishing for info nor do I want any, that's just what I thought.

i just wanted to point out that we're not totally boned.
Quote from Stiggie :Bose is always right in his thick own head, he hasn't done anything illegal on this forum.
Don't discuss with him, he'll always think he is right. It's a done deal even before you start arguing with him.

lol u mad?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Especially not speed hacking... even when I provided everyone the "proof" of him doing so.. he tried to say "that was before".

Once a scumbag, always a scumbag. Easiest motto so you don't get screwed.

Wait, isn't that yourself you are talking about? Scumbag.
Quote from ATiRAGEPRO :I like how this thread suddenly got on the subject of Bose321 for some reason.

um, the rule looks pretty clear to me. as you can see, the rule uses the words "post" and "Links" as the violation. I don't see the word "Discuss" or "mention" anywhere in that rule at all. I don't see how you could have made the connection.

Exactly what he said. By giving infractions to people saying that something exists is illogical, as the rules merely say posting links to them is not allowed. The moderators are "employed" to avoid people breaking the rules. Their tasks DO NOT include making up new rules.

I have been pissed off by illogical moderator action once before in the last month. Who exactly is discussing this 'illegal' software going to hurt? It's not like people who want to find out won't otherwise. LFS is not going to lose sales because of people cracking some other game. The developers won't be harassed by the police.

All this is censorship at its best. Something which is not ok with their view of the world -> Delete/Close and give the culprit an infraction, or even better, downright ban him.

Maybe every thread speaking about drugs should be closed too? The thread about mexican mafia. We don't want people to know that such things exist now do we? If they find out we'll soon have mafias here too! Welcome to the USSR.
TBH I think it'd be very hypocrite to carry on that witch hunt with S2 crackers if anyone else would be allowed to praise himself for using cracked content in the off topic section.

So yea. In theory discussing about cracked content isn't directly disallowed by the rules, but cmon, stop using that juristic POV. The ruleset isn't the holy book you'd have to refeer to before handling any possible sanction, it's just a sheet covering the most common infractions.

After all...

Quote :3) Live for Speed tries to keep their forum a clean place where common sense is the main guideline.

I'd put that case on that point.

Sure this is gonna cause a lot of problem with unconsistance in decisions, with some mods being harshers on some offenses than others... But cmon, the mods are only a few, and they have a life, I feel it's a bit strange to except them to do act like professional people. They are doing their best, that's way enough for me IMO Although I wouldn't mind if the devs would hire some more TBH.
I kind of agree that people should talk less about this 'illegal' stuff on these forums.

But doing it in a forceful way by just closing everything is brutal and breaks the atmosphere of the forum.. heavily.

This is supposed to be a place for relaxed discussions, not a place where you have to think hard before posting.
Quote from Lible :I kind of agree that people should talk less about this 'illegal' stuff on these forums.

But doing it in a forceful way by just closing everything is brutal and breaks the atmosphere of the forum.. heavily.

This is supposed to be a place for relaxed discussions, not a place where you have to think hard before posting.

I totally agree with this, but sadly it seems like some people are just not mature enough to moderate the forum like this.

I guess the mods would have to PM the offenders and explain them why what they've done is bad etc etc etc... But it takes time, and in the end a good part of the offenders would just want argue with the mods instead of shutting their mouth and assuming their acts. Hence why the mods prefer to close threads brutally.

Anyway, to quote 5haz, someone who really has the skills to sum up pages of arguments into 1 catching sentence:

Quote from 5haz :What the forum really needs is less idiots.

that the whole bose thing for example. he was given an infraction for discussing illegal activities. he then agrued about his infraction on two threads.
imo, he still thinks he has done noting wrong. so there's no way to make him understand why he got his infraction. the mods have done their job (fairly) but bose is so angry at getting an infraction that even the simple explination from many forum users has only angered him more.
it's hard to see the truth when your angry at the system. if you look at the 1st mafia 2 thread. the mods cleaned it up and removed all posts that had anything to do with cracking the demo. this should have been a clear messege that this kind of talk is not allowed. bose then discussed the illegal leaking of the full game. only an idiot would do such a thing after the thread was cleaned up. so imo, he left the mods no other option but to give him and the other guy an infraction. and nearly a day later, we're still discussing the issue. imo, he's lucky he didn't get a ban. simply because his attitude following the infraction could be compared to a kid who didn't get his happy meal.
Quote from dadge :that the whole bose thing for example. he was given an infraction for discussing illegal activities. he then agrued about his infraction on two threads.
imo, he still thinks he has done noting wrong. so there's no way to make him understand why he got his infraction. the mods have done their job (fairly) but bose is so angry at getting an infraction that even the simple explination from many forum users has only angered him more.
it's hard to see the truth when your angry at the system. if you look at the 1st mafia 2 thread. the mods cleaned it up and removed all posts that had anything to do with cracking the demo. this should have been a clear messege that this kind of talk is not allowed. bose then discussed the illegal leaking of the full game. only an idiot would do such a thing after the thread was cleaned up. so imo, he left the mods no other option but to give him and the other guy an infraction. and nearly a day later, we're still discussing the issue. imo, he's lucky he didn't get a ban. simply because his attitude following the infraction could be compared to a kid who didn't get his happy meal.

Lmao, no need to be an idiot. I'm not mad at all, do you really think I care about an infraction? It just is not right, I didn't post illegal stuff, nor post a link of it, so I still don't see how I break that rule...
I think the moderators are doing a good job.

However, the users of this forum...
you'll find the only idiot here is you. and if you didn't care about the infraction, why do you call everyone who tries to explain why you got it an idiot? why have you questioned the integrity of the moderators on this forum?
you still believe you did nothing wrong. it is forbidden to discuss any illegal activity on this forum. you said that the game was leaked. a leaked game is an illegal version of a game. same as a leaked screener. it's illegal no matter what you say. no further questions your honour.
How is it that posts asking for and providing streams to sporting events are allowed ?
These are quite clearly 'copyright infringing'.

The rather large thread about invites to a particular torrent site is also allowed to go on.
maybe this will be the end of those kind of threads. i hope something good comes from this thread. i hope it redefines the line of what is and isn't allowed to be discussed on the forum.
Quote from Bean0 :How is it that posts asking for and providing streams to sporting events are allowed ?
These are quite clearly 'copyright infringing'.

The rather large thread about invites to a particular torrent site is also allowed to go on.

This.

If we start getting punished for saying, "its leaked" then all torrent posts and stream posts should go too.

Otherwise its not fair.

More and better Moderators
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG