The online racing simulator
maxguests and carsmax
(15 posts, started )
maxguests and carsmax
Quote :/maxguests=47
/carsmax=32

this is my actual setting in setup.cfg file.

My question is: maxguest is the maximum logged people on server (32 drivers + 15 spectators = 47) or there is the possibility to have logged 32 drivers + 47 spectators?

Thanks in advance!
A driver counts as a guest. 32 drivers, 15 spectators.
32+15.

e: *shakefist*
So if I want to organize a race with the driver-change I can only have 23 pairs of drivers on the server, correct?
Hopefully all 32 wouldn't need to change-over at once. People who are not driving at a given time can follow the race via LFS Remote and join in when you need to change-drivers. Once you've finished driving, leave the server and follow the race on LFS Remote. So you can have upto 32 drivers racing...

Teams can use teamspeak etc. to communicate with their drivers when to changeover/stratergy ect.
Hi all, I have a doubt about the use of this settings and the lines carshost and carsguest.

Now I understand tha use of maxguest and carsmax, but I can only set the two others settings to a maximum value of 3 and with this I only can joy 3 drivers (2 ia + me or 3 ia)

When I set carshost or carsguest over 3 y get the error out of bounds even with a maxguest set on 40 and carshost in 20 or 30

Where is the key of this settings to let join every people I want (10 at least)?

thanks a lot
you're setting the per-connection settings instead of the global settings.

/maxguests=16
/carsmax=16

/carshost=1
/carsguest=1

cheers
thanks bunder, but with these settings I cant join just 1 car to the race, or 1 ia or me, but no 15 ia and me to make a rece test, with these seting can join 16 human players?
with those settings i gave you...

16 people can connect
16 people can join races
1 person at the server console can join races
1 person per connection can join races

if you can't handle any more, then it might your connection, or the computer you're using as the server.

cheers
ouhh yeah, now I undestood why I cant join more tha 1 ia from the grid configuration screen. The ia count as 1 person in the server and then I cant join more than 1 ia,
thats right?
Quote from Kyle_Katarn :ouhh yeah, now I undestood why I cant join more tha 1 ia from the grid configuration screen. The ia count as 1 person in the server and then I cant join more than 1 ia,
thats right?

yeah. if you want to keep an ai from joining, you need an insim application to do that.
I think he wants to add (say) 15 AI drivers and himself and do a test race.
Quote from Anthoop :I think he wants to add (say) 15 AI drivers and himself and do a test race.

that's right
the maximum for the per-connection (carshost/carsguest) settings is 3 (or was it 4)...

besides, the cpu power required to make all the ai calculations would crush the system if you were allowed to add more, which would make the connection lag, and if there were 15 lagging cars on the track, it would just be a complete mess.
ok, thanks a lot, I'll try to get all pals together to make a good try.

thanks again

maxguests and carsmax
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG