The online racing simulator
whether anyone can tell a Canadian from an elk.
ah, i see what you did there. nice.
It's always hard to thrust geographic contents from U.S.
If you need evidences :

:flamed:

edit:

Quote :I could have sworn I was reading a thread about rubber that rolls, computers, and boxes that carry people... or something.

Something somewhere went terribly wrong...
I could have sworn I was reading a thread about rubber that rolls, computers, and boxes that carry people... or something.

o well back to topic:

AMERICA!!!
Oh my, please for pete's sake this thread is becoming a Guinness book of records contender.

I've been racing LFS when I can over the past 6 months and it is down right awesome and fantastic and sweaty hand inducing good fun.

yes the graphics are 1990's, yes there a massive collision detection bugs, yes I wish my million zillion setups could be organized in a more orderly fashion...

and finally, yes I god damn wish the developers would hire/accept help from someone who could actually do a half decent job of communicating progress to their very loyal fan base.

but at the end of the day people, we can all join FOX Junkies, CarGame S2 etc etc and race like no other game on this entire planet. I've had races in the past few weeks that were so close, so much fun, that all the woes of the LFS development world were banished into a hole of never ending depth...

I would LOVE some new cars, I DESIRE some new tracks and I would very easily pay $50 for the privilege of them right here, right now... but i've eventually learned that all the posts on this forum asking, nay, demanding for change and new releases is pointless...

People, all you racers, be free of vision, forget the ideal and simply live in the wonderful world of reality. LFS is great, race it, love it, enjoy it... If we ever get a newer version, a better codebase, more tracks, more cars, and if I may be as daring to say... a track editor!!! then we should all unite in one mass of cheers and congratulate said developers for such a great achievement.

LFS is the place where I race and the place where my racing dreams come true. That is the current reality, make it any better and i'm in heaven...

My prayers are with you all....
Sweet baby Jesus!
Quote from TehPaws3D :What is Asia though, I can't read the black&red combo

It says 'communists'. They can communicate with each other, even after 1 litre of 80% vodka per head.
Quote from richo :Sweet baby Jesus!

I lol'ed at that.. Oh and the map too :-)

This cheer and reading some posts from scawen have pleased me immensely
When I asked 'Were is Africa" -- I meant " WERE IS THE CRATER THAT BELONGS THERE -- SOMEONE NUKE MY COUNTRY PLEASE - THE STUPID SOUTH AFRICAN DUTCHMEN ARE DRIVING ME NUTS! "

Now is the part were I say " Oops, caps! "
Quote from yeager :Oh my, please for pete's sake this thread is becoming a Guinness book of records contender. etc etc..

well u have been playing for 6 months right? most of us 8 years or at least 5-6. The races we had in these years and the great servers were so awesome,you cant even imagine. we all miss those+ the combos get boring,there is nothing new etc. if you already want new stuff,just imagine how we feel,and maybe you will see why is this thread going the way it does.
What are you talking about? He's been around for ages. He never said that he's ONLY been around the last 6 months.
Quote from e2mustang :well u have been playing for 6 months right? most of us 8 years or at least 5-6. The races we had in these years and the great servers were so awesome,you cant even imagine. we all miss those+ the combos get boring,there is nothing new etc. if you already want new stuff,just imagine how we feel,and maybe you will see why is this thread going the way it does.

You have 4 years (atleast on that account) and yeager has like 7 years?
he said somewhere 6 months,and i been around since 2004,i only joined here after a few years

edit: i just looked at this: "I've been racing LFS when I can over the past 6 months" :P
What the hell is going on in this thread? What has this got to do with Tyre Physics?

All I'm picking up is sarcastic remarks about America, blowing up Africa and some silly songs.
I think everything is discussed right now.

Might lock this, the power of redirecting new topics to this one is weakening.

Open a fresh topic. With the same story/updates, no one would notice.
No point making new ones, as always, it'll turn into this, along with umpteen bitching posts about how its taking too long, there are a dozen other problems and how S3 is a myth and the VWS will never come. It's always the same.

Jeez, is that the time? Explains why I'm so moody. Off to bed.
Quote from piggy501 :No point making new ones, as always, it'll turn into this, along with umpteen bitching posts about how its taking too long, there are a dozen other problems and how S3 is a myth and the VWS will never come. It's always the same.

Time for a change.

Make a new one, keep the discussion related to the tyre physics progress only. Hand out infractions for those who keep on going offtopic - one should get the point sooner or later.

Something needs to be done. How on earth (other than checking Scawen's latest posts) is a sane person going to follow the dicussion on tyre physics (+related) when 90% are just offtopic/spam?
Quote from Silverracer :Time for a change.

Make a new one, keep the discussion related to the tyre physics progress only. Hand out infractions for those who keep on going offtopic - one should get the point sooner or later.

Something needs to be done. How on earth (other than checking Scawen's latest posts) is a sane person going to follow the dicussion on tyre physics (+related) when 90% are just offtopic/spam?

1+ I can't even find scawens posts here.. So much off-topicness is not needed..
'They do our laundry'

Friday is patch day
Friday is today, and I leave my city at 5pm to live with beavers, eagles and fishes for weekend. Add to that fact that Murphy's Laws really like me and voila, fresh patch at 5:01pm today...
It would be better at 4:59, so you leave for 3 days knowing that you are missing the test patch
Quote from Whiskey :It would be better at 4:59, so you leave for 3 days knowing that you are missing the test patch

I'll check this topic using phone by GPRS anyway. It costs like F430/1kB, but oh well, it's LFS
Oh the 'Friday is patch day' times
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG