The online racing simulator
best gaming computer for less than 1500?
whats the best gaming computer i can get for 1500 canadian or less?
for under 1500? core i7 920, 4gb of ram, decent video card, adequate hard drive, case, power supply... you could probably afford a monitor too with that kind of slush money.

the question begs though, do you really need a computer that fast? most games are still single threaded, so if you have a c2d, you're probably still okay.
Assuming you don't need a monitor, you can build a seriously killer system for $1500. If you do need a monitor you're going to have to start making comprimises.
#4 - dadge
make 2 lists. 1) what you want. 2) what you can afford. it'll be easier for ou to chop and change.
Well. i had the time to build a pc. So here we go :
You forgot the case, vistaman. Cases are cheap anyways so - that would be a good system.
Quote from shaun463 :You forgot the case, vistaman. Cases are cheap anyways so - that would be a good system.

He forgot more than that. You need:

- CPU
- motherboard
- RAM
- video card
- hard drive (I like buying 2 and running them in RAID1)
- CD/DVD/BR drive
- case
- PSU (chances are if the case comes with one it'll be junk)
- sound card (unless you don't mind the integrated audio)
- keyboard
- mouse
- heatsink and fan (for the CPU)
Quote from shaun463 :You forgot the case, vistaman. Cases are cheap anyways so - that would be a good system.

Also his PSU is far over the top..

I think this is far more appropriate.. And without throwing too much money in the bin..

600W PSU it is..
2 hard discs 500GB each
Attached images
reasonable.jpg
If I was to put together a brand new system I would definitely go with a Solid Slate Disk as a system disk rather than a classic HDD. Sure they're more expensive and you get less storage for the buck, but they're darn fast! And likely to last longer, too.

Check out either OCZ Vertex 2 or Corsair Force!
Quote from felplacerad :If I was to put together a brand new system I would definitely go with a Solid Slate Disk as a system disk rather than a classic HDD. Sure they're more expensive and you get less storage for the buck, but they're darn fast! And likely to last longer, too.[quote]
I'd also take that next to 2x 500GB conventional hard disks. It's not really known whether they last longer as the type of memory has one problem. Only a limited amount of times things can be written to one place on the discs. That's still the weak point. The oldest conventional hard disk I have working is a 200MB hard disk made in 1992.

[quote]
Check out either OCZ Vertex 2 or Corsair Force!

yep

Total system, it equals CAD$1388:
Attached images
total.jpg
This is all he needs... Well, Case, DVD Burner and HDD's should you have from your old pc. thats why i made it without those things
Quote from bunder9999 :fost games are still single threaded

Do you mean most new games or most games currently in existence?
Quote from amp88 :Do you mean most new games or most games currently in existence?

i haven't played a "new" game since doom3/hl2, and those were single-threaded... i obviously can't vouch for all games, but i would still imagine that what i said holds true... at least for a few more years.
Quote from bunder9999 :i haven't played a "new" game since doom3/hl2, and those were single-threaded... i obviously can't vouch for all games, but i would still imagine that what i said holds true... at least for a few more years.

Not true really. Most games that are released the last two years were multi-threaded. I'm sure about Dirt2, GTA4 and NFS Shift. I think Crysis is as well multi-threaded, just like Metro 2033 and most new games.

Currently only racing sims are left as no multi-threaded code until rfactor2 comes out..
Quote from Gaiajohan :Not true really. Most games that are released the last two years were multi-threaded. I'm sure about Dirt2, GTA4 and NFS Shift. I think Crysis is as well multi-threaded, just like Metro 2033 and most new games.

Currently only racing sims are left as no multi-threaded code until rfactor2 comes out..

+1. The majority of big and reasoably big new games are designed to run on multi-core machines.
it's good to see they're finally changing, but i couldn't care less about crysis... a game where you need two video cards to get decent frames seems excessive.

(yes, i know that's probably an overstatement as well, i guess i don't like where the scene is going :shrug
You guys are giving him no customization, Tell him to go to www.ibuypower.com

Let him build his own one, And protip - More expensive, Most likely the faster/better
Quote from TehPaws3D :You guys are giving him no customization, Tell him to go to www.ibuypower.com

Let him build his own one, And protip - More expensive, Most likely the faster/better

taken from the first post:
Quote from joebob4441 :whats the best gaming computer i can get for 1500 canadian or less?

as you can see, he has asked what is the best system he can get for his money. this then leaves the thread open for discussion. the discussion will most likely be about different cpu's and ram and all things pc. this is customization. he will be building it on his own too.
protip- More expensive = not always the fastest.

example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qDZOBQs60w

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG