The online racing simulator
LFS Car models get ripped off
(11 posts, started )
I was searching some skins for track mania when i stumbled across a skin that looked like the FXR and XRR. I downloaded them and it turns out they are replicas or at least look very similar.

Here is the link --> http://trackmania.southmoon.ne ... a=nations&kam=stadium

Press ctrl + f and type in xrt or fx and it should come up.

Is this allowed?
Interesting. The RAC and FZR were in there too.

I have no idea whether it is allowed though. Maybe you should e-mail that link with a description to the Developers?

EDIT: Whoever is taking these models must be a regular on the Forums, because I just came across the special RAC GTR that Orion made a couple of years ago, and I'm pretty sure he only uploaded it here for other people to Render. Having a think about this though, I'm pretty sure there's nothing the LFS Devs could do about this unless the people who took the models are making a profit from it, I think? Not really brushed up with this kinda stuff.
Isn't this kind of like the live for speed logo on that torrent site? The cars should be copyrighted as they are designed by the Devs. Nobody should have the permission to use the models without their consent.
You...guys cant be serious?
this is what it has come to?
well in one site we have cars from other games for lfs
We already mentioned this in the TMN thread a while ago. No big deal really - it's non-profit. This is a bit different to that torrent site before - this is just re-creating the cars with the names still there - anyone who searches for that car name finds LFS.

BTW - XFR is in there too.
For God's shake what ON EARTH have you smoked my friends... ????
Lfs cars are loosely based REAL LIFE cars !!!!!

I have made a ton of posts asking the devs to allow some sort of contest were people making a high quality version of the cars -minus the real life badges.....Sadly they still don't give a chance to some very very talented lfs users.

Anyway back on the matter....XF is a fiat punto(check the dash),xr is a mitsubishi stalion (i bet most don't remember this car),fxo is an dc2 integra with opel calibra tail lights,rb4 is toyota celica gt4 and fz is a 911 with z4 lights...
Quote from justasimfan :For God's shake what ON EARTH have you smoked my friends... ????
Lfs cars are loosely based REAL LIFE cars !!!!!

WE KNOW (well, if not most of us) THEY'RE BASED ON REAL LIFE CARS DAMMIT! :gnasher: /rant
Back on topic... They is a track based on Blackwood on Rfactor, should that be a big deal? Also, iirc there was another sim game which had LFS stuff like ECL, Evostar etc. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1322633#post1322633
I think it comes down to whether these are the actual models built by Eric. If so, I'd say that's probably copyrighted. If they just used LFS' models to get an idea of what the real cars actually look like, I guess it's no big deal, though.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG