The online racing simulator
#1 - Dezzz
Using backwards/foward button as a gear shift on a mouse
I have a backwards/forward button on my mouse which I can use for browsing the internet for, I'd like to use it for gear shifting. The button will not regester/come up on LFS so I downloaded X-Mouse Button control, but that won;t work either. Can anoyone give some suggestions? Thanks.
#2 - Dezzz

Am I doing anything wrong?
#3 - Dezzz
Sorry to bump guys, but I would love some help : )
sorry for nobody responding

what model is the mouse? and it is usb right?

try going in control options, clickingn mouse/keyboard at the top and tr that
#5 - Dezzz
Quote from logitekg25 :sorry for nobody responding

what model is the mouse? and it is usb right?

try going in control options, clickingn mouse/keyboard at the top and tr that

Hey mate, thank you for the reply :thumb. No need to appoligize, I can't really imagine this being a common problem at all, and wasn't expecting many replys!

I had a quick look around there, everything seems to check out right.. I mean, the back/foward buttons work in chrome so they should work in LFS fine right?.. Can't really figure out the problem to be honest, it must be to do with LFS? Would updating the drivers for the mouse help or is it isolated to LFS?
LFS would not admit some keys.

I'll explain my case:
My keyboard has multimedia keys (volume, play/pause, mail, calculator...). Normally the driver manages them, but I had a problem and it came up that the volume keys were the only recognised by windows and LFS.

What I'm tring to say, is that there are some special keys that can't be used if the driver dont allow you. At least, this is what I saw with my Logitech keyboard
I used my scroll wheel to throw grenades (backward) or bash someone with a rifle (forward).

But that was a long time ago.

I think it's possible, with the correct driver/settings.
#8 - Dezzz
Quote from Whiskey :LFS would not admit some keys.

I'll explain my case:
My keyboard has multimedia keys (volume, play/pause, mail, calculator...). Normally the driver manages them, but I had a problem and it came up that the volume keys were the only recognised by windows and LFS.

What I'm tring to say, is that there are some special keys that can't be used if the driver dont allow you. At least, this is what I saw with my Logitech keyboard

I thought so, there seems to be a fair amount of keys that LFS refuses to use. This is why I downloaded the Mouse-X program.. which I can't seem to get to work

Quote from cargame.nl :I used my scroll wheel to throw grenades (backward) or bash someone with a rifle (forward).

But that was a long time ago.

I think it's possible, with the correct driver/settings.

I can use the scroll wheel for changing gears on LFS, just refuses to use the back/foward : (
#9 - Dezzz
Sorry for the double post! Finally worked it out!

Make sure the setting is on (Press on down, release on off). I think the problem is the keystroke is too fast for LFS to "regester" that you pressed the button.

Hopefully this helps somebody else out.
keywords:
x-mouse x mouse button control problems won't gear shifting shift keyboard key stroke keystroke
glad to hear it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG