The online racing simulator
LFSEvents.net (vote)
(22 posts, started )

Poll : Would you visit lfsevents.net and possibly organise your league in there?

Yes, good idea.
No... (So there will be a single forum for every league? Post your opinion.)
LFSEvents.net (vote)
Hello.

Due to there won't be added any new sub-sections in the Leagues & Events, a few people are considering to start lfsevents.net project, where might be the new center of LFS leagues and events organising.

The question is... Would you visit this place? Would you submit and organise your league in there?

This is not a thread to complain or discuss about what has happened!
I would visit it for sure. It all sounds very good

The only problem is, some people might sign up with another name than their username and so it would be sometimes difficult to recognize somebody (only my opinion, might be wrong with it..)

Would it be a vBulletin board btw?
There is already a site which is aimed at doing that but it's a WIP atm http://www.lfsevents.net/, i know the person is doing the project who has worked alot on the site but it's been on hold for awhile but most of the work that he did for lfsevents went into http://www.lfsproseries.net/ but from what paul told me that he was looking into the code to see how much needs to be done to finish the site of.
Quote from Drift King CZ :

Really?

No... (So there will be a single forum for every league? Post your opinion.)

That really sounds like whining to me.

Anyways, voted Yes. It's a good idea.
Quote from Timo1992 :I would visit it for sure. It all sounds very good

The only problem is, some people might sign up with another name than their username and so it would be sometimes difficult to recognize somebody (only my opinion, might be wrong with it..)

Would it be a vBulletin board btw?

Yes, I thought about the names too :/. And yes, vBulletin.
#6 - SAxor
Nice, . But we need to get almost every league on there and maybe even the ones that have there own sub-sections in lfsforum already, so that the league community keeps focused, having the sub-sections like before is what made league racing so accessible. I think Scavier should embrace and endorse this and place a link to it under LFS World up there ^ . Also put a link in the LFS Racing forum section.
Quote :Would you visit lfsevents.net and possibly organise your league in there?

I've voted No, since NDR already have an established forum subsection, and if information wasn't there, it would be available on our website.

Since we already have our league related discussions here, it'd be unlikely that we would use lfsevents.net (at least in the forseeable future).
Well this is quiet good idea theoricaly but practicaly well im not sure. Anyway im sure LFS Leagues wont die without subections or somthing like this. Just look at all other sims, there are lot of leagues and all has sites and forums and all other stuff, or we can look at OWRL witch is rly succesfull without LFSForum subsection, and you will be able to advertise you league in LFSForum general discussion and LFS News
#9 - J@tko
I think it's a very good idea. Plus admins of one league could maybe more easily help those of another league.

And if/when LFS supports modding, could be a place for the distribution of mods?
No. Keep it all in one place,not in sub-sites.
I dont know how some of the guys think who voted no, but I personally dont want to register on any single team website in future just in order to take part in one of their leagues.

It really gets annoying to register in so much forums and only one forum for everything would be much better.
#12 - XmaX
Yes Yes Yes!

There are not all Leagues listed on the LFS Forum....

and with maybe a newsletter on the new Page you can informate for new leagues and maybe "smal" leagues got more competitors...

Any Beta Test ?
Meh, update, we can't get vBulletin probably, but nvm. And that's quite a problem that ppl who already have the subsection here won't move there, of course. LFSEvents.net is already taken. We might take different domain, but the best is wait for PaulC2K's response imo, if there will be any.
#14 - XmaX
Maybe you can get vB with a small donation for every league announced or a small contribution for registred members every month/quartar/year
The reason i voted yes is that i always seem to miss the rare little Single seater leagues... I.e GPseries, BF1WC etc etc so if they was in my face and organised and stuff to a decent level. i would deffo be racing more events.
I voted yes just because I want everything in one place.
Quote from Drift King CZ :Hello.

Due to there won't be added any new sub-sections in the Leagues & Events, a few people are considering to start lfsevents.net project, where might be the new center of LFS leagues and events organising.

The question is... Would you visit this place? Would you submit and organise your league in there?

I visited LFSEVENTS.net and it already exists it seems is this your site or a former project
Quote from rc10racer :There is already a site which is aimed at doing that but it's a WIP atm http://www.lfsevents.net/, i know the person is doing the project who has worked alot on the site but it's been on hold for awhile but most of the work that he did for lfsevents went into http://www.lfsproseries.net/ but from what paul told me that he was looking into the code to see how much needs to be done to finish the site of.

Quote from Bmxtwins :I visited LFSEVENTS.net and it already exists it seems is this your site or a former project

The thread isn't even a page long yet, and you can't be bothered to read it properly?
Quote from Drift King CZ :Meh, update, we can't get vBulletin probably, but nvm. And that's quite a problem that ppl who already have the subsection here won't move there, of course. LFSEvents.net is already taken. We might take different domain, but the best is wait for PaulC2K's response imo, if there will be any.

You might have tried informing me that there was a thread talking about it

Im still working on the project, and truthfully ive got nowt else going on in my life right now so most of my time is spent working on it, but my health is fairly sh*t and with sod all income and a pile of debt it takes a backseat from time to time, couple that with the fact that its no small task what im doing and I take no pleasure in saying I dont see it being completed before 2011.

I've contemplated leaving out areas i wanted to cover, but its still a huge project for me and theres a ton of work that needs to be done. I'd stopped working on it for a few months because of frustrations (css & non-table layout w/ browser issues thrown in) and really only picked it up when Victor decided he'd had enough with the forum area.

I dont suppose many people will even know or remember the site in its first instance around 2007, I never fully opened it up to leagues, but a couple of series ran using it, and then i created LFSProSeries.net using heavily modified code, and now the LFSEvents.net site im working on is based on that, but a lot of it is rewrote and im designing it to be used by this community.
If you look at the LFSPS website, and basically it'll give league organisers the ability to run their league to the same standard as that site. Its about 90% automated, users sign-up, you approve them, they get emailed the details for the round, turn up and race, you upload the MPR for the site to parse the results and all the points etc are calculated for you, the site reflects those results instantly.
The key to it really is making it so that running a race series, as much of the silly tasks can be automated for you, leaving the organiser to focus on dealing with everything else. It means they have more free time, or can still run a series with minimal spare time rather than having to close it down or have some else take over, it means the people taking part can see things straight away rather than when the admins have the time... its just designed to make running events easier. The only complicated part is building the damn thing! If all we ever had was same format leagues it'd be a doddle, but the good thing about LFS is its flexability and since ~2007 ive had code that can handle 5 types of races, Driver standings, Team Standings, Privateer racing, multi-class racing, multi-division racing... and combinations of that. So a series like MoE with GT1 and GT2 on track it can still parse the result and assign points correctly and ditto the standings (although GT1 FXR scoring more pts than FZR/XRR is an issue).

Im building the site whether people want it or not tbh, its a personal project, and tbh i'd rather there was an official version of what im trying to achieve done by Victor because i do think it'd be a great feature for the community and it'd get far more use them doing it than it will an outsider, but this is the situation we have.

Im working on a seperate domain for all my testing, and once theres areas which need testing i might see if there are volunteers, right now its just a shell with a load of incomplete areas which need filling in (half of which just needs modified code from LFSPS) so theres nothing really to see.

- edit -
Just to be clear, the LFSEvents.net site that *I* am working on isnt a replacement/solution to this subforum, its basically a site for running/overseeing your leagues. I guess i could make it possible for people to add their events to my sites calendar but redirect them to another site to do all the work, but its not just a forum, infact the forum aspect of it is fairly low down on my list of things to do.
Quote from hp999 :No. Keep it all in one place,not in sub-sites.

If you voted No then you voted against keeping it all in one place

I voted Yes, i hate being directed to different sites on every league.
Yes
definitely yes

LFSEvents.net (vote)
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG