The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from anttt69 :Site down, again. 'emergency maintenance' this time.

That's getting a wee tiresome.
I don't understand you people!

How the heck can you waste your money on this iracing so called sim?

I tell you guys you have no clue, it's quite obvious to me that Mario kart is by far better and has much more realistic physics.

OK, so Ok iRacing decided to bring in sort of realistic transmission, jees what is that all about? I don't care for that I want good graphics!

I'm really not impressed and am thinking about asking for a $10 refund on my two year subscription!

Moose...your a wanker....your a wnker...and it does you good like it bloody well should.

(sorry just got back from a long trip offshore and have had a few whiskys)
Quote from AlienT. :I don't care for that I want good graphics!

Play need for speed shift then
Nothing wrong with Shift after a lot of beer! In fact it's probably a far better idea at that point...
Gotta buy that Mustang!
Indeed you really do!
Is it also fun to race? Is it like easy to control?
It's a blast to race because it is pretty easy to control; especially if you had an extensive stay with LFS first.

It will bite you if you get too overly aggressive but she's pretty tame overall.
I kinda dripped the ball... I bought the mustang... But I haven't driven it in a race... I do enjoy the mustang a lot... But not driven i lotst...
I played iRacing when it came out, are the physics any better now? I used to spend my time either understeering through braking zones or slowly and frustratingly rotating through 180 degrees on corner exits without being able to correct it at all, like driving on ice cream.

Has this stuff improved?
lol.

What car(s) were you driving back then?

Even when it came out you'd have to exert yourself to enjoy the behavior you describe, but I don't race ovals and am not a big downforce / single seater fan period.
Quote from iFastLT :
And they're adding MX-5

The MX-5 is the racing version. Slick tires, same as the Mustang (well, slicks with little 2 inch long grooves in the middle).
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :
It will bite you if you get too overly aggressive but she's pretty tame overall.

I can definately sign this. At first as I was just hotlapping it around I thought "mmm, this is so easy to drive, I think I'll make a drift video of it" and later on I found myself regretting that plan!

Also bought the V8 Ford supercar, the C6R and the Jetta yesterday, though I can't even race them online, propably for a very long time. The aussie V8 is just totally bonkers. Bring on the Spa!
Quote from MadCat360 :The MX-5 is the racing version. Slick tires, same as the Mustang (well, slicks with little 2 inch long grooves in the middle).

As far as I remember, they gonna release two versions: MX5 Cup, and MX5 Roadster, one will be RHD and the other LHD (can't remember which is which), so I think roadster version will have street tyres
Quote from Matrixi :The aussie V8 is just totally bonkers. Bring on the Spa!

Omg yeah, I've actually found out that the V8 Supercar drives more like a stock car than a legitimate touring car. Nationwide car @ the glen is going to be crazy
Quote from iFastLT :As far as I remember, they gonna release two versions: MX5 Cup, and MX5 Roadster, one will be RHD and the other LHD (can't remember which is which), so I think roadster version will have street tyres

As I read it, the only difference between the cup and roadster is the side the steering wheel is on. Both will have the same tyres.
Lotus limiter will make a return: Read: http://members.iracing.com/ifo ... amp;start=75&tstart=0

"posted by Eric Hudec, reason the rev limiter was added back was because too many folks were blowing up... In the near future we'll have a switch where the user can choose to run with it on or off. "
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Lotus limiter will make a return: Read: http://members.iracing.com/ifo ... amp;start=75&tstart=0

"posted by Eric Hudec, reason the rev limiter was added back was because too many folks were blowing up... In the near future we'll have a switch where the user can choose to run with it on or off. "

that's good to hear. I hope that the limiter is set quite low to give those that risk the limiter off get the chance of a slightly higher rpm

in the meantime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otx1_nw1LJw&fmt=22
LOL!

Nice video :P
I don't like the reasoning tbh, drivers should learn to adjust.
I agree 100%. Who cares who blows engines. But, I think having the switch is the best idea since that's the most true to life and presents the best options to boot.
Spa already in production .
Attached images
iracing_spa1.jpg
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG